What's new

Is there a better smelling cream than TOBS Grapefruit?

TOBS grapefruit is great! Citrusy, tart, refreshing!
Caution! Do Not Eat It!

taylor of old bond st grapefruit merkur thayers lemon victorian limes june 3 2016.jpg

A very tough question. Out of all the citrus scented creams and soaps I’ve tried to date I would rank TOBS Grapefruit as the top scented citrus without hesitation. This is mainly because it’s so true to the scent of real grapefruit that, as @sarimento1 alluded to, you’ve got to restrain yourself from eating it!

The only other citrus cream I still want to try at some point - and I have said this before but still haven’t bought it - is Cyril Salter’s Sublime Citrus.

I don't know if it's the best scent there is but it sure is darn compelling. I have a tub of it and I think what makes it so great is how much it smells like real grapefruit. I'd put the scent as pink grapefruit. It's got a sweet yet tart scent to it. And it literally makes my mouth water when I smell it. So, I agree with @dan86. But even so, there are other scents that I find amazing for different reasons. I think scent illicits certain emotions tied to memories and therefore lots of different scents can amaze different people for different reasons. But I'll always have a tub of TOBS Grapefruit in my den.

I don't know if it's the best scent there is but it sure is darn compelling. I have a tub of it and I think what makes it so great is how much it smells like real grapefruit. I'd put the scent as pink grapefruit. It's got a sweet yet tart scent to it. And it literally makes my mouth water when I smell it. So, I agree with @dan86. But even so, there are other scents that I find amazing for different reasons. I think scent illicits certain emotions tied to memories and therefore lots of different scents can amaze different people for different reasons. But I'll always have a tub of TOBS Grapefruit in my den.

I think it’s a pink grapefruit smell too. I’ve only owned one tub to date and am about half way through it - looking back through my emails I purchased it in 2015! The scent hasn’t deteriorated to my nose at all. I’ll always own a tub of it too.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Love TOBS Grapefruit . . . but love Stirling's Orange Chill and Iced Pineapple even more. All three are winners, though.

If you like TOBS Grapefruit, you'll probably like Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime. Both are very natural and true to the smell of the fruit, IMHO.

TOBS St. James has a beautiful fresh citrusy gentle aquatic scent. I have yet to sniff anything TOBS that doesn't smell better than anything at the fragrance counter at the local department store! Jermyn Street is another unique scent that smells like nothin else I can remotely compare it to.

TOBS Avocado is also amazing. I would not have believed it if I didn't have a tub. I have no idea why they call it avocado, because I have never encountered an avocado that smelled so good!

Very subjective topic but I do love the grapefruit. My favorite TOBS scent though is St. James. It is, for me, a classic scent that never gets old.

Top Bottom