What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Today’s Shave - Ultra Smooth BBS with 10/10

I experimented with pre shave oil today.Used Honest Amish bread oil as a pre shave and it paid off!

Pre shave oil - Honest Amish Beard Oil used as pre shave 😀
Shaving Cream - Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Shaving cream
Shaving Brush - Pearl 30mm knot synthetic
Lathering Bowl - Supply marble lathering bowl
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Feather blade on 1st use
Aftershave - Alum Block followed by Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Aftershave Balm

Had a great 2 pass shave today and apart from experimenting with pre shave oil used all my favourite combinations for a tried and tested shave! The result? An extremely comfortable BBS shave with little feedback of alum!

Did bowl lathering Today and as always the shaving cream of T&H never disappoints in creating a slick and voluminous lather. The shaving brush is very chubby with a dense knot of 30 mm that retains water and lather really well! Merkur 34C loaded with Feather blades glided like dream in both passes and help me achieve a cut free and nick free shave!

Ending the shaving ritual with Pink Woolf aftershaves has been a rewarding experience. Their unique aroma combined with essential oils and menthol really help in replenishing the shaved skin and cooling it down.

Overall a great shaving that I can rate 10/10.
F39A6A54-CB34-432F-8099-A3011680D359.jpeg
39A88D15-2ED6-4488-8CFF-E4E415055458.jpeg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Clinique for Men Face Scrub
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil.
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi & Ginseng Shaving Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi & Ginseng aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (3)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Third time using this blade and it felt as impressive as the first two shaves. Its still a nice sharp and smooth blade on resulting in a close shave with no irritation or feedback from my Alum Block. A couple of tiny nicks but due to technique as opposed to the blade (sharper blades feel like they will improve my technique in the long run). After three shaves, this blade is now ahead of the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow due to sharpness and GSB due to sharpness and smoothness with just a single pass Sunday shave to go.

Daily Shave: 31 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-31

DSCF2194.JPG

Prep: Bromely’s Face Wash rinse and dry f/b Lectric Shave.
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #8) Shave #3 and out Last Feather blade in my stash. 2 Passes: (WTG / ATG) buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- new puck today -- using rain water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 8.5 / 10.0 CFS A good shave to end this fun event. But, the blade tugged and grabbed a lot.

I have enjoyed the Fixed 4 For Any Month, but can’t wait to start using my stash of new blades. Will start with the 7 O’Clock Green Pack and work my way through these blades one pack at a time.

Blade Storage.JPG

Fri Shave frame jpg.jpg

Friday’s Shave

Today I am continuing to use GD Mallard RC soap. This is the 9th day in a row for this soap. I should finish it up within a week. Today’s brush is a favorite: a Paladin Chief. The brush is a big one and performs beautifully. The razor is a Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05mm loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The aftershave is Thayers WH and Clubman. The fragrance is TOBS Sandalwood. A perfect shave: 10/10.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Moon Amaretto Speciale
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Personna Israeli Red (2)
Post-Shave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Black Ship Grooming Davy Jones

Another good shave from the newest razor in my stable. Nothing unusual to report. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation. Matched sweet for sweet this morning, Moon Amaretto Speciale is twice the sweet and scent power of Cella Red and Davy Jones Bourbon/Vanilla is a good match for it.

Happy Shaves. Everyone!

Kit 20200731.jpg

Last edited:
Fri 31 Island SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Finally get to travel for work. A quick island shave in preparation for a pleasurable underwater work.....lather just nice with pleasant scent and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth and comfortable. 3 multiple passes for a DFS++ result with no issues.
Just slap on cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9/10
Felt good and ready to meet my underwater friends. Unfortunately encountered am storms...pm was much better condition.....
20200731_113636.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Fri 31 Island SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Finally get to travel for work. A quick island shave in preparation for a pleasurable underwater work.....lather just nice with pleasant scent and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth and comfortable. 3 multiple passes for a DFS++ result with no issues.
Just slap on cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9/10
Felt good and ready to meet my underwater friends. Unfortunately encountered am storms...pm was much better condition.....
View attachment 1132967

Nice looking razor!

As I think about the shave today I believe this combo will be retired for a while. I found some really great shaves but to get a smooth face today I had to really buff the clean up pass. I stopped counting the days on the blade and I don't think it matters. More then 5 and I am ok with it. I did get to a pretty smooth shave but cause minor irritation that can only be felt and not seen. Maybe on a normal day this isn't a big deal but the last 2 shave for sure we're really good.

I mixed some summer drink scents today as we leave for the lake after work today. This just seemed like some scents that played to my next day or two.

7.4/10

KM

IMG_20200731_063434.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, July 31st 2020

Razor: Star bar #4 model lather catcher (Kampfee brothers NY)- Mfg 1920- Excellent lather catcher, great audio, good daily driver!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, :001_wub:
Soap: Razorock Lavender - one of my favorites. great scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- great inexpensive brush that I have been using for almost 4 years, marvelous!
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Star bar lather catcher.
SE SOTD,Fri, July 31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Astra (1)
Soap: Moon Sorrento
Brush: Parker Silvertip
9/10

This is my first high end razor,love that I can set it to 3.5 WTG and dial in down to 2 for ATG....I will have a CG level 2 and a Timeless Ss in my mailbox today...That should help me rate my shave a little better.

Top Bottom