What's new

Feedback on Expensive Soap?

Was curious to see what the verdict is on this super expensive (imho) shaving soap by Creed

Is it worth the price in any manner outside of just the scent? I don't know what Creed profiles smell like but wanted to get some feedback.

As well, please specify how long you have had the soap and its durability through time along with possible list of ingredients.

For price, I hope someone gets me this soap when I retire in 35 years....lol..

Oh by the way, anyone willing to let me sample it...would be appreciated!! (lol).

:ouch1::austin1::a14::badger::taz::eek:

Personally, i have A LOT of Soaps and Creams, and what i've found, is that no matter how expensive a soap / cream can become, they still can't beat the cheap stuff from like Italy... It's just a matter of preference i guess, whether or not you wanna spend a fortune on certain soaps / creams, or just get some cheaper ones, and then save the extra money or use the them on something else :)

I've never used a Creed soap, but my understanding is that they lather and shave just fine. The expense is for the scent, to be sure.

There are a number of small maker soaps that have Creed-like or Creed inspired scents that might be worth checking out. I recently picked up a couple Stirling soaps that folks are fond of here and I have really enjoyed them in my brief experience so far.

Someone here tipped me off to Try That Soap - Home - https://trythatsoap.com which is a great way to look up scents in a shaving soap and while I'm not sure I can always put the mixtures together, it also allows you to search backward and see a list of soaps with a scent you enjoy.

There were some reviews here a few years ago. Summary version: good soap, but not anything special, so not worth the crazy price of $80-120 with wooden bowl. People did not like the bowl because it absorbed water and contributed a wet wood smell to the soap. You would be better off to use a good lightly scented shaving soap and then use a Creed cologne after your shave for the scent.

Yeah...both can fill you up, but only one will make you regret it two hours later...

Aw, raspberries...now I want a T-Bone.

They didn't have any dry-aged prime T-Bones, so I got this dry-aged prime Rib Steak instead. Bone-in, of course.

IMG_2025.jpg

Last edited:
most of the money is in the bowl and the scent. i haven't used the soap yet, im saving it for a special occasion. but it feels and smells primo. if they sold refills, it would probably cost around 35 to 50 usd. also as someone mentioned above, the feel of the wood bowl feels like it might absorb water. i don't think they even make this anymore. its not listed on their official website. i found it on the saks fifth ave website. haven't seen it anywhere else.

IMG_0475.JPG

most of the money is in the bowl and the scent. i haven't used the soap yet, im saving it for a special occasion. but it feels and smells primo. if they sold refills, it would probably cost around 35 to 50 usd. also as someone mentioned above, the feel of the wood bowl feels like it might absorb water. i don't think they even make this anymore. its not listed on their official website. i found it on the saks fifth ave website. haven't seen it anywhere else.

View attachment 1115398
I think the bowl might be improved if you applied a sealer coat of finish on it, at least on the inside surface.

I think the bowl might be improved if you applied a sealer coat of finish on it, at least on the inside surface.

im sure if you shake all the water out of the brush before you load it, and not get any water in the jar, you shouldn't have a problem. just put the wather on the face or in the bowl. or if your a pro, you can use the tile in the shower wall to do a vertical lather.

^Super!!

enjoy my creed shave soaps, mainly for over-the-top scents. shave performance is just ok, perhaps a tad drying.
wood bowl is not really a problem, altho admittedly it's not in daily use.
but, after all, don't forget, creed was the Fournisseur to Napoleon and would say to let commoners shave with Arko!

creed soaps.jpg

Some like a T-Bone steak; others are content with a Burger King burger. Both can fill you up. It just comes down to individual preferences.

then others go off the beaten path further and enjoy marinating venison backstrap for a day........grilling it....and pairing with a sweet potato and butter herb asparagus.

preferences and what I consider a fortunate luxury.

20190512_175528.jpg

camo

Top Bottom