What's new

Favorite clone fragrances?

OK, now I have tested my Dior Fahrenheit-clone from Milton Lloyd for a few days.
First of all, in the opening its way, way stronger than the original Fahrenheit with a really strong smell of burnt rubber and some petrol.
It's quite overwhelming and almost make you nauseated if you get a spray directly in your face.

But, after it start to dry down, let say about 10 minutes, the burnt rubber and the petrol fades and after maybe 30 more minutes the scent is almost 100% Dior Fahrenheit.

The best part is that my friends thought I started with Dior Fahrenheit again, they never suspected it was a clone fragrance

It has great longevity and sits on your body the whole day, the projection and sillage is at least as good as with the original.

Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt is as close to Dior Fahrenheit it can be.

But now I'm very curious about La Rive's Hitfire, I think I will order that one too ;)

OK, now I have tested my Dior Fahrenheit-clone from Milton Lloyd for a few days.
First of all, in the opening its way, way stronger than the original Fahrenheit with a really strong smell of burnt rubber and some petrol.
It's quite overwhelming and almost make you nauseated if you get a spray directly in your face.

But, after it start to dry down, let say about 10 minutes, the burnt rubber and the petrol fades and after maybe 30 more minutes the scent is almost 100% Dior Fahrenheit.

The best part is that my friends thought I started with Dior Fahrenheit again, they never suspected it was a clone fragrance

It has great longevity and sits on your body the whole day, the projection and sillage is at least as good as with the original.

Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt is as close to Dior Fahrenheit it can be.

But now I'm very curious about La Rive's Hitfire, I think I will order that one too ;)
I would just say stick with Milton, because you said opening is stronger than the original, it is the same with hitfire so I doubt there is any difference at all. Especially because when I was in southern France in 2013. women in the fragrance factory that I was visiting said that many houses order from them, they just produce it and send them. So my theory it's the same manufacturer but different label. I really doubt companies that sell clones have their own "noses" and production. I have sprayed Hitfire around noon and just when I thought it disappeared I cathed the scent.

edit: however I forgot to mention that I could be wrong since Milton has better longevity.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 6A koristeći Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Bookie
"edit: however I forgot to mention that I could be wrong since Milton has better longevity."

You could also be right ;)
It can be the same factory producing both Milton Lloyd and La rive, but they can produce each perfume with different specification?

@Bookie
"edit: however I forgot to mention that I could be wrong since Milton has better longevity."

You could also be right ;)
It can be the same factory producing both Milton Lloyd and La rive, but they can produce each perfume with different specification?
yeah probably, I don't know how much Milton costs but perhaps they make one line stronger and another weaker depending on the cost. I was there one evening so I do not remember all the details. Funny thing is their house scents cost between 25 and 35 euros. Before purchasing it for my mother and sister they asked me details about them so they could find best match. I have to agree nice expirience since mother and sister loved the scents intended for them.

another edit: everything is possible in EU, do you remember that big companies had different lines in their factories, one line intended for western european market and another intended for eastern european market. First they had been saying it's not cost friendly having 2 lines and after lab results came they acknowledged it' s true afterall because czechs, poles, slovaks (and we croats among them) loved more sugar or overcooked pasta so it was in correlation with market research.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 6A koristeći Tapatalk

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Belcam Clones, especially the Polo Clones. :)

Absolute bargains! :)
I understand Belcam is an american brand.
I have never heard of it in Sweden, and I could not find it in any european website.
Is it maybe the American equivalent of our european Bi-Es and La Rive brands?

Today I received my next Milton Lloyd clone.
This time it was Milton Lloyd The man Silver, a YSL Kouros clone.

I have just tried it on my wrist with one small spray, but as far as I can tell it is a very, very good clone of the original Kourus from the 80's :)

I will try it this weekend and I will get back on how it performs.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I understand Belcam is an american brand.
I have never heard of it in Sweden, and I could not find it in any european website.
Is it maybe the American equivalent of our european Bi-Es and La Rive brands?

I am not familiar with the European Bi-Es and La Rive brands.

Belcam attempts to recreate designer colognes at a much lower price point.

Not sure how close they are to the originals I've never sampled. They are good enough, in my opinion, to stand on their own.

I am not familiar with the European Bi-Es and La Rive brands.

Belcam attempts to recreate designer colognes at a much lower price point.

Not sure how close they are to the originals I've never sampled. They are good enough, in my opinion, to stand on their own.
Both Bi-es and La rive does the same, making clones of designer perfumes at very low price.
Personally I prefer La Rive over Bi-es.

And now I have discovered another European clone-brand, Milton Lloyd, very cheap and very nice clones and very close to the originals (at least The Man Silver and The Man Cobalt are very close to the original fragrances)

There are also Cuba scents, which in my opinion are better than la rive. I had red version of cuba when I started working and it was pretty good.

There are also Cuba scents, which in my opinion are better than la rive. I had red version of cuba when I started working and it was pretty good.
I have never seen Cuba perfumes in Sweden so I don't know if I can buy it here but I can order it quite cheap online from Germany.

I have never seen Cuba perfumes in Sweden so I don't know if I can buy it here but I can order it quite cheap online from Germany.
If you decide to buy them I wouldn't go blind buying them. I only buy them one by one and I try them. But you are not missing anything. I will try to elaborate what I mean by that. Their projection, scent and longevity are better than la rive's however their take on popular fragrances is more liberal than perhaps of la rive. They are clones but if I buy them, I buy them because I like that particular scent and not because I will probably buy Invictus so I wanna see how invictus smells.

I have no fav clones, as it's all junk... with 1-2% fragrance oil, the scent is gone in less than an hour. It's a waste.

As with much of anything, the old adage holds true - you get what you pay for.

Just an update on my Milton Lloyd The Man Silver, the YSL Kouros clone.
I used it through the whole weekend and I am very pleased.
The scent is really close to the original Kouros from the 80's.
Kouros was one of my absolute favorite fragrances back then but I think YSL have reformulated it one or two times.
I compared my friends original Kouros from the middle of the 80's with the latest formulation and it's not the "real" Kouros anymore.
Milton Lloyd The Man Silver is much closer to the original.
The biggest difference is in the opening, Silver has a more metallic note to it for 15-30 minutes depending on how much you spray on.
After the metallic note goes away you will get that cinnamon scent in abundance for another 30 minutes and after that it's almost impossible to tell this clone apart from the original Kouros.
The scent will last the whole day so this is not just a cheap clone with just an hour longevity.

Btw, if you buy this Kouros clone (it's about £5 for 50 ml in England) be very careful when you spray it on.
Just a few short sprays will be enough.

Ive always used Drakkar noir , Polo (green), Armani (aqua edt) I’m reading on some of these sites that have clone fragrances. Stirling and Captains both have takes on creed colognes. How close are they to the real deals? Any recommendations on some new fragrances for me based on what I like that I mentioned above? Thanks

If you like Drakkar Noir and want a nice clone you can try Creation Lamis Pure Black.
One of my friends thinks his Pure Black is better than modern day Drakkar Noir.
For me Pure Black is a very nice clone but a bit sweeter than the original.
Longevity is great and even better than the original.

Last week I bought a La Rive Aqua for men.
7 Euros for 100 ml and quite a nice clone of Aqua Di Gio.
A bit watered down but its longevity is really impressive.

Last week I bought a La Rive Aqua for men.
7 Euros for 100 ml and quite a nice clone of Aqua Di Gio.
A bit watered down but its longevity is really impressive.
Really? I was thinking of buying it too. How much does it last. I heard bad things about it's longevity.

Really? I was thinking of buying it too. How much does it last. I heard bad things about it's longevity.
Longevity is impressive for the price.
Don't expect 8 hours on just two sprays.
I spray it on my wrists and both sides of my neck, and a quick spray on my chest and it stayes on me for about 4-6 hours depending on the weather and temperature.
I did try it once with an extra spray on my shirt, and the smell stayed on my shirt for the whole day.

Top Bottom