What's new

Favorite clone fragrances?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
rodgaines:
In my view, the ‘Classic Match PG’ (Polo Green), is 'stronger', almost (99%), an exact clone for the original & the longevity is much longer (still have faint whispers of it after 10hrs).
proxy.php

Defiantly a 'keeper' in my medicine cabinet, the Mrs. approves & like it a lot plus think of the money I'll save by switching! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“A good [cologne] is really a powerful cocktail of memories and emotion". Jeffery Stepakoff

Cremo, Bath & Body Works, and Duke Cannon also have that mannish vibe. Some are straight copies of a different scent.
InStyle Fragrances (Walgreens cologne brand) is a complete copy, as is Belcam's (Walmart) line of scents Belcam's rates higher with me.

Has anyone tried the Fine American Blend EdT? It’s supposed to be a Rive Gauche clone. Reviews I’ve read have been hit or miss, with one complaint being that it doesn’t last long. But most of those reviews seem written some years ago when it first came out.

Has anyone tried the Fine American Blend EdT? It’s supposed to be a Rive Gauche clone. Reviews I’ve read have been hit or miss, with one complaint being that it doesn’t last long. But most of those reviews seem written some years ago when it first came out.
Since RG has been discontinued the price have gone up to crazy levels and IMO, is no longer worth it. I have AB aftershave which is okay but really isn't much of RG clone. You might want to try DUA Fragrances River Fougère. DUA has a 30% off code so you could pick this up for ~$38 with free USA shipping.

Since RG has been discontinued the price have gone up to crazy levels and IMO, is no longer worth it. I have AB aftershave which is okay but really isn't much of RG clone. You might want to try DUA Fragrances River Fougère. DUA has a 30% off code so you could pick this up for ~$38 with free USA shipping.

Thanks for that. I’ll try it out!

A little bit OT here, but I just bought two clones/dupes for my daughter.
Less than 15 Euros a bottle and almost spitting image of the originals.
La Rive Lady Diamond and La Rive Cute.
Lady Diamond is as close as possible to Paco Rabanne Lady Million and Cute is very close to, but a bit sweeter than, Chloe by Chloe.

I don't know how La Rive's after shaves and colognes for men are but I think I will buy some and try them out.
Anyone here tried La Rive?

Btw, La Rive is the new "owner" of Miraculum's Brutal fragrances.
Hi, I apologise for replying to an old post, however I have discovered this thread today. I have both original Dior Fahrenheit from he 90's that father gave me and La Rive's Hitfire. Yeah original Fahrenheit lasts quite a long time and Hitfire only for a few hours, however if I'm working or I'm on a faculty I keep a bottle in my car's glove box. For less than 10€ i didn't expect it to last long. Thing is I like Hitfire more than the original. Scents are similar but still noticeably different. I was lurking on fragrance isle in my local drug store and I'd noticed they don't carry original Fahrenheit, then at the bottom I saw that Hitfire bottle and tried it. I had to move my head away since scent was so strong, I smelled only petrol, and I really like smell of etrol. After few days I stopped by again, tried it and I really really liked it. However I could tell only little difference between original Sauvage and their clone.

I received a knockoff of Oud 27 yesterday and it’s pretty damn good. It keeps changing on me as I go through the day. Fun stuff.

Hi, I apologise for replying to an old post, however I have discovered this thread today. I have both original Dior Fahrenheit from he 90's that father gave me and La Rive's Hitfire. Yeah original Fahrenheit lasts quite a long time and Hitfire only for a few hours, however if I'm working or I'm on a faculty I keep a bottle in my car's glove box. For less than 10€ i didn't expect it to last long. Thing is I like Hitfire more than the original. Scents are similar but still noticeably different. I was lurking on fragrance isle in my local drug store and I'd noticed they don't carry original Fahrenheit, then at the bottom I saw that Hitfire bottle and tried it. I had to move my head away since scent was so strong, I smelled only petrol, and I really like smell of etrol. After few days I stopped by again, tried it and I really really liked it. However I could tell only little difference between original Sauvage and their clone.
Nice to hear about La Rive Hitfire :)
I remember when Dior Fahrenheit came on the market and "everybody" used it, and lots of people used it too much ;)
I have not used Fahrenheit in maybe 20 years, and to be honest it is way to expensive imo.
Maybe I will try Hitfire instead?
I like La Rive's Password, a very nice clone of Armani Code, and I love La Rive Athletic Men wich is their clone of the classic Adidas Active Bodies

Nice to hear about La Rive Hitfire :)
I remember when Dior Fahrenheit came on the market and "everybody" used it, and lots of people used it too much ;)
I have not used Fahrenheit in maybe 20 years, and to be honest it is way to expensive imo.
Maybe I will try Hitfire instead?
I like La Rive's Password, a very nice clone of Armani Code, and I love La Rive Athletic Men wich is their clone of the classic Adidas Active Bodies
If you are able to find a tester in a drug store that'd be nice. Except me I haven't heard of anyone that wears Fahrenheit. I can imagine it was popular before. I will check out Password and Athletic. I honestly like adidas scents but everyone here has them so I do not wear them.

Edit: If you are from Europe perhaps you have local Mueller, DM nearby, these markets should have them.

If you are able to find a tester in a drug store that'd be nice. Except me I haven't heard of anyone that wears Fahrenheit. I can imagine it was popular before. I will check out Password and Athletic. I honestly like adidas scents but everyone here has them so I do not wear them.

Edit: If you are from Europe perhaps you have local Mueller, DM nearby, these markets should have them.
I'm in Sweden so I am not familiar with Mueller or DM.
I don't know much about clones, it's the last few months I realized I don't have to buy the original scents for everyday use, it's too expensive, better to pay a few Euros for a good clone.
We have a bunch of supermarkets in Sweden that sell La Rive and Bi-Es perfumes, and some stores that sell Creation Lamis perfumes.
All Three brands are really cheap and some of their clones are actually really good to.
Too bad to hear that everybody use Adidas scent where you are, Adidas have made some really classic scents.
It's very hard to find an original Adidas Active Bodies in Sweden so I was very happy when I found La Rive's Athletic and disovered it smelled just like the Classic Active Bodies from the '90's, and it last all day.

I'm in Sweden so I am not familiar with Mueller or DM.
I don't know much about clones, it's the last few months I realized I don't have to buy the original scents for everyday use, it's too expensive, better to pay a few Euros for a good clone.
We have a bunch of supermarkets in Sweden that sell La Rive and Bi-Es perfumes, and some stores that sell Creation Lamis perfumes.
All Three brands are really cheap and some of their clones are actually really good to.
Too bad to hear that everybody use Adidas scent where you are, Adidas have made some really classic scents.
It's very hard to find an original Adidas Active Bodies in Sweden so I was very happy when I found La Rive's Athletic and disovered it smelled just like the Classic Active Bodies from the '90's, and it last all day.
Well true about original scents, for example I work in a catering service and trick is you can buy cheap clones, usually they have smaller bottles so you just place them in your pocket. For example I like Invictus, original is superb however I bought Cuba Winner (hence the name) that I wear only when I'm working. I have a few originals, and my favourite is Wood by Dsqaured2. Even if there was a clone of that scent which I doubt, I would still buy original. I like adidas a lot, their aftershaves are also popular. I think eastern europe has some fetish on adidas

I have been wanting to try Fahrenheit for some time now. Thanks to this thread and Bookie, Hitfire is now ordered. :)
I hope you'll like it, as I said similar but different. I usually apply it to both sides of my neck and at the back of my neck, for each side only one spray. Just please let me know how long does it last on your skin.

Milton Lloyd the man cobalt has just been ordered.
I read it is the best clone of Dior Fahrenheit ever.
Appr 15 Euros including shipping to Sweden 👍

I hope you'll like it, as I said similar but different. I usually apply it to both sides of my neck and at the back of my neck, for each side only one spray. Just please let me know how long does it last on your skin.
The projection Id say is average or below, but I’m used to Aramis scents so everything seems weak lol ymmv. It seems to last about 2hrs applied to wrists and chest, which is decent for a cheaper cologne. Overall I’m happy with the purchase and glad I could try this, but too early to say I’d reorder.

Huh, really only 2 hours? To me it lasts little longer. Do you smell gasoline? What do you think about the actual scent?

Yeah about that. I mean if it’s against your nose, you can smell it 2-4hrs but what’s the point of that. Yes a little bit, its alright I need to spend more time with it. I just wish it projected a bit more.

Yeah about that. I mean if it’s against your nose, you can smell it 2-4hrs but what’s the point of that. Yes a little bit, its alright I need to spend more time with it. I just wish it projected a bit more.
true about projection, and I have to agree with your previous statement, probably one time purchase. To me for example classic $30 perfume lasts longer in spite not being suavage, code ect. however projection and longevity isn't subpar. Also I like to rotate scents.

edit: meant trying new scents

Last edited:
Top Bottom