What's new

What was your carry today?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Working the MantisX Elite during breaks today

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like Mantis X? I've heard mixed reviews.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What is the point of the extra finger grip addition in front of the grip? Just a comfort thing? It looks cool...

It fills in the space behind the trigger guard so it will rest on your middle finger. Better pointing qualities. If you look at the current wood, or rubber, revolver stocks since the '60s or so they will have it filled in with the stocks themselves.

The Tyler-T Grip is an old classic so I think it goes better with that style and vintage of wheelgun.

How do you like Mantis X? I've heard mixed reviews.

Absolutely love it. A laser tells you where you are hitting in other systems. The gyro in the mantis tells you precisely what you are doing wrong. A target will tell you where you are hitting.

It traces your muzzle movement during target acquisition, your trigger movement and it’s affect on aim during the pull, and in live fire it traces your recoil.

It scores your shot and tells what you did wrong each time. It’s awesome, at least the elite is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The only thing different I had was a wallet, a watch and 2 xtra mags? :)

Plus a bulky wad of remote thing for your car and whatever other thing that is attached to your key chain, and a flashlight.

I could stick the stuff I carried in a Manila envelope with room to spare...your stuff would need a shoe box. And I bet what I carried weights about 2 lbs. less than what you carried, including the lead you had. :)

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Plus a bulky wad of remote thing for your car and whatever other thing that is attached to your key chain, and a flashlight.

I could stick the stuff I carried in a Manila envelope with room to spare...your stuff would need a shoe box. And I bet what I carried weights about 2 lbs. less than what you carried, including the lead you had. :)

My butt still looks good in baggy pants, what can I say? :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My butt still looks good in baggy pants, what can I say? :)

At least your butt still looks good. Oh, wait.

You did have more ammo than I did, but I didn't have to call in air support even once.

Did you notice where the fob on my truck keys is from? Did that just for you, sweetie. :ihih:

You ever been to the J.M. Davis museum there?

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
At least your butt still looks good. Oh, wait.

You did have more ammo than I did, but I didn't have to call in air support even once.

Did you notice where the fob on my truck keys is from? Did that just for you, sweetie. :ihih:

You ever been to the J.M. Davis museum there?

Nope, never have. Might have to now though.

Working today.
Mossberg 930 SPX loaded with 00 buckshot. Side Saddle and butt panel with the same. Slugs in a hip pouch.
FN FNX-45 on the hip. Two spare magazines. All loaded with 230-grain Gold Dots.
More 12 gauge rounds and extra FN magazines in the backpack.

Since I'm (we're) not really out and about these days, I'm typically going with either my S&W 642 J-Frame revolver or my Sig P238 in a Desantis pocket holster, with one reload for whichever I'm carrying that day.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Lucky dog!!
I’ve had a gunbelt on for nearly 16 hours today. But off the next 2 days.

I feel for ya, buddy. That is tiring in and of itself. At least with the shifts you worked it will be dark so you can sleep well. Get some rest.

I never got out of my pajamas! :)

You wear PJs? I go Commando.

Oh wait...that was too much of a visual.

Top Bottom