What's new

Micromatic Monday

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020, I missed Monday so here I am a day late and feeling a lot better when I finally got my ingrown hair taken out by myself with a little ingenuity on my part. Would not wish that on anyone, better days ahead for all I hope.

Razor : Gem Junior Bar -MFG 1907
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore "Firenze"- Great soap
Brush : Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic
Pre- shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A dollop clear of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3, 1 pass around the removed ingrown hair area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel and True Gent balm. Balm has a great scent.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020, I missed Monday so here I am a day late and feeling a lot better when I finally got my ingrown hair taken out by myself with a little ingenuity on my part. Would not wish that on anyone, better days ahead for all I hope.

Razor : Gem Junior Bar -MFG 1907
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore "Firenze"- Great soap
Brush : Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic
Pre- shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A dollop clear of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3, 1 pass around the removed ingrown hair area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel and True Gent balm. Balm has a great scent.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
Please

Mmoc

Ron R

SOTD, Sat Feb 29th 2020- took out one of the cousins from the A.S.R family of razor Mfg's. It is a hard razor to figure out for proper angle. I used mostly shallow technique and then tried some steep technique and it worked reasonable well on the 3rd pass with most stubble gone. End results were in my sweet spot so I'm a happy camper.

Razor : Everready streamline, 2nd generation- MFG 1949-53
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8)
Soap: Razorock Lavender- just a great soap IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with the black marble handle.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3'
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: another great shave.

SOTD, Feb 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So today was a very special day....yep, it was someone's birthday that we all know and love!!!!!!! Can you guess who that someone special is? Can you? Can you? That's right, you guessed it.....Justin Bieber :happybday: !!!!!!!! So as you've undoubtedly been celebrating ALL day, it is now time to begin the recovery from Bieber-Fever and start thinking about

MICRO...MATIC....MONDAY!!!!
aka GEMonday!!!!!

As one of the best shaving days approaches, let's start brainstorming about which razor we're going to use. I'll start....:idea:....well...ummmm.... I may still be suffering some residue effects from Bieber-Fever, so I'll just end this post by saying I hope you will join me in a shave tomorrow with either a GEM, Ever-Ready, Star or Treet Razor.

@Tanuki I clogged a clog-pruf when I shaved my head. It's not easy but it is possible.

That was a whole head! Unfair advantage.

I will do my best to clog mine on just a neck and a little bit of cheek (the side whiskers have expanded). I was thinking of cheating and using a shaving stick as a base layer for a brushless cream, maybe Cremo. Plus two days of stubble.

GEM '47 flying wing bullet tip
GEM blade (3)
B&M LGC
Yaqi brush 22mm

20200302_054932.jpg

first shave with this one even though I've had it for while. holy smokes batman smooth shaver!!!! I would recommend this mild one for anyone beginning a SE start. just missed the audible clickety click that you get from the earlier models. heavy razor. bbs with no traces of irritation. I dont even have slight red on my neck.

micromatic monday!!!!!

camo

Flintstone65

GEM '47 flying wing bullet tip
GEM blade (3)
B&M LGC
Yaqi brush 22mm

first shave with this one even though I've had it for while. holy smokes batman smooth shaver!!!! I would recommend this mild one for anyone beginning a SE start. just missed the audible clickety click that you get from the earlier models. heavy razor. bbs with no traces of irritation. I dont even have slight red on my neck.

micromatic monday!!!!!

camo
The Flying Wing (aka Bullet Tip) is one of my faves as well. I find it does a nice job of balancing comfort with efficiency, and it does seem to be a bit more "forgiving" than the MMOC. I'm always impressed with the GEM TTO mechanisms and weight of their razors. I'm throwing shade on Gillette's Aristocrat razors (they are VERY nice), but for significantly less $$$ you can have a well-made (almost tank-like build quality) razor, that gives an awesome shave.

And now I know what razor I'm using today -- thank you for the inspiration!!!

The Flying Wing (aka Bullet Tip) is one of my faves as well. I find it does a nice job of balancing comfort with efficiency, and it does seem to be a bit more "forgiving" than the MMOC. I'm always impressed with the GEM TTO mechanisms and weight of their razors. I'm throwing shade on Gillette's Aristocrat razors (they are VERY nice), but for significantly less $$$ you can have a well-made (almost tank-like build quality) razor, that gives an awesome shave.

welcome. I now regret not trying this one sooner. might very well have earned a regular spot for Monday shaves.

not bad enough that i have to make soap decisions........now I have to rationalize razor pecking order!!!! Good problem to have I guess.

camo

Flintstone65

Had to quote myself to fix a typo *sigh* -- I read, re-read, and re-read them again -- and then right after the editing time period expires, I see a big ol' typo that totally changes my meaning of the post :facep:

So the line above should've been "I'm NOT throwing shade on Gillette's Aristocrat...."

Ron R

GEMonday March 2 2020, Pulled out my Gem Jr Parade and it's like we one together when it comes to fine shaving, I really enjoyed my shave like usual with this razor. Not sure if it is the audio feedback while shaving or just the results at the end of the shave that puts a smile on my face!

Razor: Gem Junior parade with the baton handle- Mfg 1943 variant
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" - nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush : Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft synthetic black whiskers.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock T.D.S aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: :thumbsup:great shave and hit the sweet spot.
MMMonday March 2 2020 (2).jpg

Some times I like to leave some manuals and other information if some one buys a used Gem razor.
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg
Have some great shaves!

GEMonday March 2 2020, Pulled out my Gem Jr Parade and it's like we one together when it comes to fine shaving, I really enjoyed my shave like usual with this razor. Not sure if it is the audio feedback while shaving or just the results at the end of the shave that puts a smile on my face!

Razor: Gem Junior parade with the baton handle- Mfg 1943 variant
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" - nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush : Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft synthetic black whiskers.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock T.D.S aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: :thumbsup:great shave and hit the sweet spot.
View attachment 1069378
Some times I like to leave some manuals and other information if some one buys a used Gem razor.
View attachment 1069379 View attachment 1069380 View attachment 1069381 View attachment 1069383 View attachment 1069382
Have some great shaves!
nice first pic or pamphlet. have to keep my eye out for one of those!!!!

camo

Ron R

nice first pic or pamphlet. have to keep my eye out for one of those!!!!

camo
Print it off if you want. I think there is a Thread on B&B or T.S...... Here is another one if you need one. I go to Goggle and type in "Vintage razor manuals" some of the shaving forums will have some . I contribute when I come across one, very rarely do I find one when buying used. I have to be careful of content because of B&B rules!
1583163894570.png
1583163589978.png

Courtesy of @jimjo1031

Last edited:
Top Bottom