What's new

Micromatic Monday

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Star bar for myself tomorrow. Star lather catcher Model #4 MFG 1919 (2).jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I think Mr. @RumpleBearskin and Mr. @Ron R have already made this announcement in the best way possible, but I'll say it anyway: Micromatic Monday Approaches!!! Will you be joining us??? Have you chosen your ASR razor: GEM, Ever-Ready, Star or Treet?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Feb 17th 2020 , as there seems to be a lot a nice looking A.S.R company lather catchers on the thread yesterday so I grabbed my STAR bar #4 1919 model and had a excellent shave this morning.

Razor: Star bar #4 -MFG 1919-20 some of the last lather catchers possibly manufactured by Star company(Kampfe brothers) -Brooklyn NY
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4)
Soap : Razorock Lavender- great soap
Brush : Razorock Plissoft. - Great brush.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:
MMMonday Feb17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
GEMMonday, February 17

Razor: GEM "Elite" Junior
Blade: GEM Persona SS PFTE
Soap: Arko
Brush: Rudy Vey, Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Post-shave: Alum, Homebrew oil, C.O. Bigelow Ultralight lotion
Splash: Clubman, Pinaud
IMG_20200217_090941-01.jpeg

As suggested, I took it easy with this new (to me) razor. Absolutely no problems. Came out with DFS++ shave and had so much fun along the way.

This razor is incredibly light. Maybe lighter than the Featherweight. Zero pressure is easy to achieve and maneuverability is great.

GEMMonday, February 17

Razor: GEM "Elite" Junior
Blade: GEM Persona SS PFTE
Soap: Arko
Brush: Rudy Vey, Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Post-shave: Alum, Homebrew oil, C.O. Bigelow Ultralight lotion
Splash: Clubman, Pinaud
View attachment 1064056

As suggested, I took it easy with this new (to me) razor. Absolutely no problems. Came out with DFS++ shave and had so much fun along the way.

This razor is incredibly light. Maybe lighter than the Featherweight. Zero pressure is easy to achieve and maneuverability is great.

Glad things went well. And glad there is life left in that spectacular razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday Shave 20200217

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!

20200217_091845~2.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: n/a
Brush: 24MM 2BED Synthetic FAN w/ Blue Lagoon Handle
Soap: RazoRock Blue Label
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Ted Pella GEM Personna (4)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Skin Toner
Aftershave Balm: Duke Cannon w/Menthol
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

WTG, ATG and XTG. Minor touch-up and buffing.

DFS++ (BBS except between my nose and my top lip). Zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

Another outstanding shave! The Gem Featherweight provides consistent, comfortable and excellent results. :)

YMMV

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I did a Daily Double with the Weck -- which made a brief one-pass WTG appearance -- and my Gem Jr Bar with small black handle (just like @GAW9576's Gem) for 2 passes and a solid DFS shave. I took a friends advice and played some relaxing music for this shave, which for the curious-minded was Miss Ella Fitzgerald's Paper Moon, Someone to Watch Over Me, and Blue Skies; along with In the Mood courtesy of Mr Glenn Miller, and an appearance from ol' Blue Eyes doing Fly Me to the Moon. I had the house to myself, so there was much swaying, dancing and even some singing while shaving....it was a fun and relaxed shave with no blood, no irritation or any issues at all.
proxy.php

I want to shout-out to everyone who's participated and posted so far, this has been a stellar GEMonday / Micromatic Monday. I had some things go sideways on me outside the shave cave, but a really good shave helps you whether the weirdness that life can throw at you!!!

I did a Daily Double with the Weck -- which made a brief one-pass WTG appearance -- and my Gem Jr Bar with small black handle (just like @GAW9576's Gem) for 2 passes and a solid DFS shave. I took a friends advice and played some relaxing music for this shave, which for the curious-minded was Miss Ella Fitzgerald's Paper Moon, Someone to Watch Over Me, and Blue Skies; along with In the Mood courtesy of Mr Glenn Miller, and an appearance from ol' Blue Eyes doing Fly Me to the Moon. I had the house to myself, so there was much swaying, dancing and even some singing while shaving....it was a fun and relaxed shave with no blood, no irritation or any issues at all.
proxy.php

I want to shout-out to everyone who's participated and posted so far, this has been a stellar GEMonday / Micromatic Monday. I had some things go sideways on me outside the shave cave, but a really good shave helps you whether the weirdness that life can throw at you!!!

Great photo. Glad you had a relaxing shave. Just be sure there isn't to much swaying while you are actually shaving. Especially with the Weck. Hope the sideways action outside the den wasn't anything serious.

Wow, am I behind! But I did sneak in a shower and a Micromatic Monday shave just before the 8pm dinner bell.

Ever-Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Gem PTFE (1) (not corked in a spirit of scientific inquiry)
BOSC Special Reserve soap
Omega boar
Alum, witch hazel, Proraso green lotion

After invariably corking my PTFE blades before first use, I thought it was time to try an uncorked blade. Granted, it was not a blindfold test, but I am going back to corking.

Miss Ella Fitzgerald's Paper Moon, Someone to Watch Over Me, and Blue Skies; along with In the Mood courtesy of Mr Glenn Miller, and an appearance from ol' Blue Eyes doing Fly Me to the Moon

Ella! Paper Moon! I clearly need to make a shaving ‘mixtape’.

I am way behind on B&B and even have been missing some shave days. I think that may be changing. So as well as some playlist work, I might even catch up on a little of my honing/restoration backlog. Or even try to make my Rolls work.

I had a nice relaxing shave today. I opted for the mellow Gem PB and a softer brush. I also refrained from over shaving. A very comfortable and plenty close shave all in all.

Top Bottom