Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200218_174443.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wednesday Feb 19th 2020, maybe it is good idea to have Gillette flare tip February because some of these great older razors will get used a little more.

Razor : Gillette standard Super speed flare tip - MFG 1956 B2
Blade : Voskhod (1)
Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood
Brush: Razorock Noir 400
Pre-shave : Shower, brush wash the face with hand bar soap + a dollop of aloe Ver gel on beard area.
prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Wed Feb 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves.

SOTD

I've been experimenting with my pre-shave wash. Normally use Nivea Men's Face Wash which has a nice menthol/cooling feeling, and then at night I use the less expensive but very nice Liquid Neutrogena, packed with glycerin. Since glycerin is so slick I thought I'd try it for my pre-shave routine, and I actually think it's an improvement. I'll continue to experiment to rule out other differences such as what soap or cream I use, what razor/blade, etc., but I highly recommend it for value and performance.

Pre- Hot towel 1 minute, Liquid Neutrogena face wash & warm water
Soap- Stirling Barbershop
Brush- Omega 636 silvertip 21mm
Bowl- Captain's Choice
Razor- Merkur 34c
Blade- Astra SP
Post- Classic Shaving alum, cold water rinse, Thayer's lavender WH
AS- Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood
SOTD 2 19 20.jpg

SOTD, Wednesday Feb 19th 2020, maybe it is good idea to have Gillette flare tip February because some of these great older razors will get used a little more.

Razor : Gillette standard Super speed flare tip - MFG 1956 B2
Blade : Voskhod (1)
Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood
Brush: Razorock Noir 400
Pre-shave : Shower, brush wash the face with hand bar soap + a dollop of aloe Ver gel on beard area.
prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Wed Feb 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves.
Just picked up my first 2 vintage razors yesterday and the flare tip was one of them. Can't wait to clean it up and take it for a ride! Such a beauty.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just picked up my first 2 vintage razors yesterday and the flare tip was one of them. Can't wait to clean it up and take it for a ride! Such a beauty.
Good for you to find one, they are not overly aggressive razor and work well. Red tip is the more aggressive of the Gillette family of flare tips or equivalent of 6-9 on a Gillette slim or fatboy adjustable's. Mine or Gillette Standard Super speed falls somewhere in the 4-6 on a Gillette slim adjustable if that helps you at all gauge.(you might already know this but others might not!)
Have some great shaves!

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D4)
Brush: M&F 26mm 2-band Blonde
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Ariana & Evans A&E, Which One's Pink
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans A&E, Which One's Pink

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Achilles Last Stand
Razor: Merkur Mergress (3.5)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol Blue A/S splash
Scent: None

First outing for a seasonal release by Phoenix & Beau - Achilles Last Stand. The performance was typical of P&B - excellent. But the scent - wow! I really like it. The maker's notes say that it is inspired by their travels to Morocco. It has a really interesting structure, and to me is fresh yet paradoxically dark and mysterious. A dead set ripper!
The Mergress was as efficient as ever - I was almost done after two passes, and absolutely BBS after the third. An invigorating blast of Myrsol Blue, and I am grinning :D.

Top Bottom