SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 3rd - February 9th, 2020

- Shavemac Rover D01/2-Band
- PannaCrema - Namaste
- Merkur 37
- Feather
- Mennen/CH
[IMG]

proxy.php

Wish we could still get RS products here in the USA. The cream is a good performer and an outstanding value.
It is a great performer very slick, you don't get a thick lather but it coats the skin well & you can feel the protection on your skin, leaves the skin extremely smooth & it disguises a not so close shave by leaving the skin so clean & smooth.

I usually get it from Poundland which is like the 1 Dollar stores in the states, Great value but don't see the shaving creams much as I use to, I mainly see the RS face scrubs, that's is the reason when I see them I grab at least 3 knowing I won't see them for months especially this double concentrated one I have.

Thursday, 2/6:

20200206_100048.jpg

Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (3)
Brush - Craving Shaving "Ancient Bronze" 26mm Crave
Soap - Dr. Jon's Sakura Musk
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

Oh man. The Rex is awesome. I went with setting 3 on the first pass; perfect. Really intuitive angle, not overly aggressive for me as I heard from some folks, and just glided through the Dr. Jon's lather. Dialed down to a ~2.25 for the second pass. I love the non-integer adjustability of this razor. The knurling is incredibly grippy; you're not dropping this thing, or even having it slip down in your hand. Feels incredibly solid; this is a tool you can count on. Like yesterday's shave with the Charcoal Goods, it did a perfect job on my mustache area, which is one of the hardest spots for me to get really smooth. It's just really maneuverable, and feels great to use. Just an excellent razor, I really look forward to using it again.

I love this new knot that Charles is carrying. I bet if I were to compare it to a similarly set tuxedo or something it probably wouldn't feel too different, but whatever, it works like a dream. Very respectable backbone, but splays readily for the face lather, and feels awesome. Generated a ton of lather from the Dr. Jon's, which I overloaded a bit, but wow is it a good soap. So thick, so slick, tons of cushion, and the post shave was phenomenal. Plus, I cannot get enough of this scent, it is truly intoxicating. Good God my face is smooth as glass right now and feels so comfortable. Fantastic shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Feb 6th -2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2 - MFG 2018-20 this model.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE Modified (4) Excellent blade
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm- very nice brush to use IMO
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + Nivea balm for men.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + very minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Feb 6th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I find myself highlighting the name and right-clicking 'Search Google for Rex Ambassador ' every single time I see one posted...must be a sign. :)

Beautiful razor, sir.

Thanks! Save up for one! People have been occasionally selling them for great deals on BST. I wish I could think of some comps for you, but the "heavy duty-ness" of it kinda makes it unlike most razors I have. I guess in terms of handling, kind of like the ease of a Merkur 34C? YMMV of course, but I hope you can snag one and that it works for you.

SOTD, Feb 6th -2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2 - MFG 2018-20 this model.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE Modified (4) Excellent blade
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm- very nice brush to use IMO
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + Nivea balm for men.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + very minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD, Feb 6th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Since you're shaving with a OneBlade, just curious: have you used their lavender cream? If you have, how does the RR compare scent-wise?

Top Bottom