What's new

Durham duplex safety razor??

Take a look here for some further info. The Ingersoll stropping tool is a must if you want to get the full use of the blades, unless you have a Duplex with the stropping attachment.

Thank you for the link. I read all of it through including the link within the link.

Quick update. I have one of the aluminum handle Razors on the way soon. I won it on the Bay last night and was supremely surprised no one else bid on it. I had been quietly watching it for several days. I also plan on getting one of the straight style duplexes with the stropping attachment.
I have a hard time keeping the proper names straight on the different styles.

I have one of the aluminum handle Razors on the way soon. I won it on the Bay last night and was supremely surprised no one else bid on it.
I hate you! I've been looking to score one of these for ages and never find any. Congrats - nice score. Post pics. You know who to call if you hate it ;-)

I hate you! I've been looking to score one of these for ages and never find any. Congrats - nice score. Post pics. You know who to call if you hate it ;-)

I was quite surprised to find one. I've only seen a few pictures of them.

I thought my Durham razor was going to be here today but it didn't show up. I'm pretty sure it will be here tomorrow. I live in a small town so mail can be a little slower at times. But in the meantime I may have gone a little crazy with the RAD or should that be DAD since I have another three razors coming making for a total of Four different Durham's on there way to my house. It will probably be quite some time before I get to buy another razor though. These where all Birthday and Christmas gifts picked by myself from people that just gave me money and said get yourself something nice. Which works well for me since most of them just don't get the vintage razor obsession I mean collection and use.

The first of my Durham's arrived today. I had a hectic day so I will shave with it tomorrow.

20191127_203439.jpg
20191127_203513.jpg
20191127_203541.jpg
20191127_203606.jpg
20191127_203635.jpg

My Thanksgiving day shave.
Henkels Rapide with 4th use Gem by Ted Pella.
Durham Duplex with aluminum handle using a first use Perssona pathology blade.
Mer Shavings Fougere orange Dunkys Milk soap on Boar brush lathered well.
The Durham was tugging a little bit on the first pass but the Henkels finished that up wonderfully and I enjoyed most of the second pass with the Durham. Then my wife cleaned up the back of my neck with the Henkels. All in all a very enjoyable shave. I have a few more Durham's on the way including one of the straight razor style with the stropping attachment. I look forward to try Durhams with a stropped blade I've read that it's quite an improvement. I even tried a bit of the Durham Shuffle http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-With-The-Durham-Dorset?p=5995099#post5995099

20191128_105458.jpg

Last edited:
The third razor arrived today. It needs a little cleaning but is in pretty good shape. I think this is the one I will shave with the most because they seem to be more common that the other two. Looks like razor number four will be here Monday. And it was shipped the same day as the rest and coming from only about an hour and forty minutes away. Go figure.

20191130_142954.jpg
20191130_143027.jpg
20191130_143101.jpg
20191130_143127.jpg

The three amigos.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Over time, I've managed to acquire three of those handles on the razor on the right, and will look to pick up a few more. They have become one of my favorite handles for Old Type, and Pre War Tech frankenrazors. The balance and size are perfect for me, and they maintain the Old School look.

Over time, I've managed to acquire three of those handles on the razor on the right, and will look to pick up a few more. They have become one of my favorite handles for Old Type, and Pre War Tech frankenrazors. The balance and size are perfect for me, and they maintain the Old School look.

I had not checked the thread size on my razors yet. Might be interesting with the tilted head handles.

It would be interesting to see if they would index properly.

The heads on these have a separate screw that holds the head to the handle so you could line it up whatever way you want then tighten the screw. You could even make an odd sudo slant.

I have a Durham and used it for awhile but now it sits in a drawer, the one I have is kinda like a double edge straight

View attachment 1039551

I have one of the straight razor style on the way. It's just taking the scenic route.
Yours looks quite nice. I will probably end up picking up another one eventually because I really want to make a custom set of scales for one.

The heads on these have a separate screw that holds the head to the handle so you could line it up whatever way you want then tighten the screw. You could even make an odd sudo slant.

On second thought, duh the head of another DE has its own fixed screws so it might not line up. But it will be interesting to try it out.

I tried the bakelite handle with a Gillete head. The thread size is different so it's a no go. I even tried some double sided adapter screws I have another no go.

The fourth Durham arrived today. Ot just needs a little cleaning and sanitizing and it will be ready to go. Not enough time today so it will have to wai6 for an day.

20191202_165342.jpg
20191202_165307.jpg
20191202_165239.jpg

Top Bottom