What's new

Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

Tad bit more water so it rubs easier. Otherwise the same.

Yes , water in 4th position in the stick, 5th position in the puck.

INCI Puck

Potassium Stearate, sodium Stearate, potassium tallowate, potassium cocoate, Aqua, sodium tallowate, parfum, sodium cocoate, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, sodium hydroxide, ci 77891, limonene, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, citronellol, coumarin, alpha-isomethyl, ionone, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, cinnamyl alcohol, isoeugenol, benzyl alcohol, citral, eugenol

INCI Stick
Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Parfum, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Potassium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 77891, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin, Alpha-isomethylionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Geranoil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Eugenol

Yes , water in 4th position in the stick, 5th position in the puck.

INCI Puck

Potassium Stearate, sodium Stearate, potassium tallowate, potassium cocoate, Aqua, sodium tallowate, parfum, sodium cocoate, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, sodium hydroxide, ci 77891, limonene, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, citronellol, coumarin, alpha-isomethyl, ionone, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, cinnamyl alcohol, isoeugenol, benzyl alcohol, citral, eugenol

INCI Stick
Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Parfum, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Potassium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 77891, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin, Alpha-isomethylionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Geranoil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Eugenol

The fragrance is slightly fresher and citrusy in the stick, but that doesn't affect the soap base.

By the way I think Tabac is the best soap in production. If you haven't tried it please don't be put off by the jokes. The combination of the quality, the fact it's hard milled, the scent (which I like), the porcelain bowl and the price and availability are unmatched imo. Carry on.

True.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious. Is Tabac a really slick soap?
What is the post shave feel like?
Moisturizing?

Very slick. It was the soap choice of straight razor shavers because of slickness and lather density (low structured, not foamy). The post shave is normal, no moisturizing stuff added to it. Vegetal coconut oil based soaps are more drying.

I was recently pif’ed a bunch of artisan soaps to try. I’ve been using a bunch of them, and for the most part they don’t even compare to Tabac! Tabac has become the standard by which every other soap is measured, and I don’t see that changing any time soon!

Long live Tabac.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was recently pif’ed a bunch of artisan soaps to try. I’ve been using a bunch of them, and for the most part they don’t even compare to Tabac! Tabac has become the standard by which every other soap is measured, and I don’t see that changing any time soon!

Long live Tabac.
I may ask for Tabac for Christmas!

After 3 months almost exclusively with various MDC scents, just for fun, last 4 shaves I went back to Tabac.

Yeah, it's good, really, really good. :D

By the way I think Tabac is the best soap in production. If you haven't tried it please don't be put off by the jokes. The combination of the quality, the fact it's hard milled, the scent (which I like), the porcelain bowl and the price and availability are unmatched imo. Carry on.

I don't get what's so great about hard milling. Hard milling was first done in the industrial revolution to create a soap product that could be mass-produced and have a long shelf-life prior to the advent of preservatives. It doesn't automatically make a soap better just because it's hard milled. In fact in many ways it makes it worse.

Top Bottom