What's new

October Photo Challenge: Larch Season

For this months photo challenge take something in celebration of Latch Season AKA the change of the season into Fall. If you don't have forests full of fiery trees, there are many other things you can take photos of that mark the change of seasons.

Here are the rules:

* winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
* You must be the photographer.
* One entry per month.
* Try and make the image a recent one.
* Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
* Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
* The person with the most votes is the winner.

Have fun! :)

Luke

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Great Theme! I don't think I have any actual larches but the maples, fruit trees, and the corn are just starting to change colors around here, should be lots of interesting images to capture over the next couple weeks!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will be in the Ozarks on th 19th- I will have to act fast. In Texas we have two leaf colors- green and alive, and brown and dead.

I will be in the Ozarks on th 19th- I will have to act fast. In Texas we have two leaf colors- green and alive, and brown and dead.
Hopefully there will be some changing by then. I live in central Arkansas so I'll have to be creative on this one.

I saw this cool interactive map predicticting the fall foliage.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hopefully there will be some changing by then. I live in central Arkansas so I'll have to be creative on this one.

I saw this cool interactive map predicticting the fall foliage.
I will probably drive north to hit Missouri, too. Whether I get a good picture or not doesn’t matter. I haven’t seen, smelled, nor felt autumn since I moved to Texas in 92

yeah, we don't have a season changes in Florida. guess I'm sitting out till november
Do your fruit trees not look different this time of year than in March? You could also show us the sameness of your seasons, or if all else fails, I bet the Christmas trees or coming into bloom at you local Walmart.:wink2:

I'll kick this off. The Poison Ivy is coloring up nicely. I didn't feel the need to try to rearrange the leaves for a better composition though. :wink2:
P1150161(r1rs).jpg

Hmmm, is my browser/this site messed up, or is there really only one entry? We gotta have competition, right? This is late and doesn't count, but just for kicks--Tessa and the Giant Pumpkin :)
TessaPunpkin2.jpg

And the winner is...#8. Great shot!

Hmmm, is my browser/this site messed up, or is there really only one entry? We gotta have competition, right? This is late and doesn't count, but just for kicks--Tessa and the Giant Pumpkin :)
View attachment 1027832
And the winner is...#8. Great shot!
What a beautiful smile! Gets my vote even if a little late, great way of showing fall even without leaves. #10

Toxiconendron radicans! I'd know that ANYWHERE! I am a field geologist and come across it on a regular basis! The vine alone (in the winter time with NO leaves on it) can STILL bite you!

I used to get it all the time as a kid. I still get a spot or two every now and the, but since learning what to watch out for, hasn't been any worse than a mosquito bite or two.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
With the houses in the background, tombstones in the foreground, green and autumn color leaves in the middle, I thought “Various Stages of Life”
8ED9B44B-BC67-4BD9-BF92-DEBC61C173DA.jpeg

Really intended to enter this. Was waiting for some leaves to change and I just took too long.
Vote for #8

Top Bottom