What's new

How much current stock of blades/soap/cream do you have?

I took an inventory in 2016. At the time, I had 365 blades across 12 brands. Today, I have 204 blades spread across 9 brands. 5 of those I normally use (Personna, Derby Platinum, GEM, Schick Injector, and Feather Artist Club). The rest are leftovers that I bought prior to 2016 and am still working through much more slowly than I anticipated (122 of the 204).

In 2016 I had 7 soaps and creams; today I have 9--and I only continue to buy 2 of those that I was using in 2016 (Prorasso and WSP Barbershop).

Considering the rate I use product, I figure I currently have a 3 years stock of soap and blades.

I decided to 3017 a tin of WSP Matterhorn a couple of weeks ago, and boxed up all the blades, soaps and aftershaves I figured I wouldn’t use.

Was something like 900 blades spread across 10 different brands, and 37 soaps and 30 aftershaves.

Had cut back and did a big (for me) PIF, and then bought another 100 card of Gillette Platinums and two more razors.

Buddy I bought the razor from stuck another 50 blades and 3 soaps in the package.

Roughly 4 razors, 1000 blades and 38 soaps.

I’m set for awhile.

~180 blades (four brands, but ~170 are GSB or Nacets) - 6 mostly full, normal size soaps, 3 smaller (70g) - 2 mostly full creams. Probably 3-4 years worth of products.

After lots of experimenting, I will only rebuy 3 soaps and, likely, 1 cream.

Soaps:
9 - Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Tallow)
2 - SV Dolomiti
1 - PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
1 - La Savonniere du Moulin
1 - Pereira Shavery

Blades:
75 - Lord Platinum
20 - Personna Israeli Red

Razors: 2 (Merkur 1904 and Parker 99R
Blades: Approximately 100
Soaps: 3 (2 Van der Hagen in waiting, 1 Williams Mug-almost used up)
Brush: 2 (Omega 11126, 1 generic--from Sally Beauty Supply)
A / S: 2 (both Pinaud brands)
Water: 3 containers of rainwater

Software: 4-5 years stock of soaps, creams, blades (3 shaves per blade), aftershaves, moisturizers. 600-ish blades inventory atm.
Hardware: 14 brushes (8 badgers, 6 boars), 4 razors (1 zamak, 3 brass).

At the rate I am shaving these days, I have stock of soaps/creams to last me for 20 years and blades to last 150 years. I own several stainless steel razors that I believe they should last several hundred years each, unless they fall into the hands of people that do not understand torque or lack common sense. Same goes for brushes.

I know, I am an optimist.

I do enjoy every shave, every morning, and that's what matters. Rest is noise.

Blades: 500+ Personna Medical Prep blades; 250+ Personna Labs [Two 250 boxes of Med and one 250 box Labs plus loose blades] and about 100 assorted blades (Feathers; Lord Chrome, SS, and Platinum), Treets, Voskhods, Super Iridium, GSB, Timor, and Dorco; 36 brushes; 15 DE razors; 25 soaps; and six creams.

The only decrease for me in the past few years is I no longer have SE and injector razors and sold off four DEs.

I've got two razors currently, but will have 6 once I pick up my package tomorrow, though two of those are going to be sold off right away. I piffed all my blades I don't use recently so currently have 11 GSB's. Going to purchase two 100 packs once I get down to about 5, which should last around almost 4 years. Have three soaps, one of which I use and will be purchasing a kilo of at the same time I buy the GSB's. One of the soaps I'm going to toss out of the container so I can use it to try out the Haslinger soap I have as well. And I have one brush.
Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have two razors, one mild and another moderately mild both in stainless steel so I don't have to purchase and more shave stuff for at least a year and a half.
At least that's the plan....

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Soap: I've got a couple of year's worth of assorted soap to use up, till I get back to my favourite (MWF). I only have one puck of Mitchell's in the drawer, but it will last me around 500 shaves. My other favourite is Palmolive shave stick, but I don't often use that at home, and have a stockpile which will last me the rest of my life if I only use it when travelling.

Blades: Similarly, I have about 18 months worth of assorted blades before I get down to my favourites. There's probably 7 or 8 brands there, in sufficient quantities to last me a couple of decades.

Cream: I have one tube, but hardly ever use it. I might have got a few part samples left too. Cream doesn't work as well for me as soap. I probably should use that up as well before I crack open the Mitchell's.

Balm: One bottle of Nivea Sensitive. It's supposed to be used within a year of opening, but I don't use it that quickly. It's only just been opened, so I'll probably still be using it come the end of next year.

Aftershave Lotion: One and a third bottles of cheapo store own brand aftershave. That'll probably last me till the end of next year too.

EdT: In January last year, I got three different bottles with a voucher I got for Christmas. 20 months later, I've used maybe 40% of one of them, and the others still look full. They'll probably go off before they're used up.

So unless I bust my razor, or my brush falls apart, I reckon I won't need to buy anything till 2021.

Blades: 400 or so Gillette 7 o'clock Black, 300 or so Gillette Nacets

Soaps: 23 soaps, I think

Razors: 6 razors, plus over 100 Gillette guard disposable blades (and 4 or 5 handles)

I feel so much better after reading this.
75- Astra blades
8 1/2- Feather Blades
1-Proraso Green tube
1- " green pre-shave
1-" Green in a bowl ( for Travelling)
1- Proraso Red
1- " red pre-shave
1- Wilkinson Sword soap in tub
2- Bars of Mug Soap
1-Classic Edge Sandelwood

As I am not a fan of the cheaper soaps they will be given away, so I am probably good for 2 years in soap and as I use straight razor most days. I am probably good for years in blades. After trying the Feather blades the Astra's will be given away. Razors are a new addiction but goes well with knife collecting.

So yes I share your shaving shame.

Way way WAY too much! Sometimes I think I could supply a small country's military shaving needs... [emoji15]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom