What's new

Bic chrome platinum vs feather blades!!

What is the main differences of these 2 razor blades? They both are very sharp, it might be me the bic seems a bit smoother, is that the chrome plated blade? I also noticed this may sound funny the bic blades seem to me to not look so scummy at all after a shave, still looks clean as if I put a new blade in. The feather blade and some others usually have scum and skin cells on the blade after each use which doesn't come off. I have no idea why this is, the only thing I can think of is stainless vs chrome or something. Another important thing for some people is the price difference, although I don't really want to put that into the equation. If somebody can let me know these small details that would help ease my thoughts about it, as well what I want to do for next purchase on blades. And I do like very sharp and a clean looking blade!

What is the main differences of these 2 razor blades? They both are very sharp, it might be me the bic seems a bit smoother, is that the chrome plated blade? I also noticed this may sound funny the bic blades seem to me to not look so scummy at all after a shave, still looks clean as if I put a new blade in. The feather blade and some others usually have scum and skin cells on the blade after each use which doesn't come off. I have no idea why this is, the only thing I can think of is stainless vs chrome or something. Another important thing for some people is the price difference, although I don't really want to put that into the equation. If somebody can let me know these small details that would help ease my thoughts about it, as well what I want to do for next purchase on blades. And I do like very sharp and a clean looking blade!
This is kind of the questions I'm asking.

I'm on my 8th shave with my first Bic blade and it's still extremely sharp, Sharper than a feather on shave 2. Based on my sample of just one blade, if you want sharp then nothing beats a Bic. Curiously I can buy Bics locally in packets of 5 cheaper than I can buy anywhere by the 100. I have just ordered another 50 blades which should last at least 500 shaves.

I started with a bic disposable when I first started out at 16 years old. Go figure ending it, with bic for my shavette as well as my de razor collection. I am thrilled!

+2! I much prefer Nacets!! They are almost as sharp, smoother and last longer for me.
I do not know anything about Nacets, as have not tried them. Did not do any reading on bic blades until I used the one blade that I had used twice. And found bic razor blades to be nearly as sharp, or as sharp, much more smoother, a much cleaner blade when rinsing ( no skin cells or soap residue ) than feathers. Nacets may be a better alternative as ymmv everybody here. I am happier with bic blades and think it just seems to get the job done better than feathers for my face. Now after using bic I did do some research and found some interesting information on the web, one article claims they are sharper than feathers. I don't know, but I do seem to like a close shave every time. I used Wilkinson sword soap the first shave with my CH2 synthetic, I could not believe the shave I got with this combo using bic, second shave used a fresh half blade everything the same except used proraso soap with pro boar brush with same results. No nicks nor cuts of any sort as well as my technique has progressed. I have tried about only 7-8 different blades and bic comes on top for me. I have to say i really like a clean environment when shaving including the razor blade looking like new after I used it. Even though I toss it next day and replace blade for my shavette. I just do not feel like replacing a dirty blade after I just shaved, just not my way. As of the longevity of bic blades is unknown to me, I'm thinking 3-5 shaves max I would use them in my de razors in that manor. Even though people here may get less or more shaves. The max I will go is 5 anyway with de razor or shavette.

I do not know anything about Nacets, as have not tried them. Did not do any reading on bic blades until I used the one blade that I had used twice. And found bic razor blades to be nearly as sharp, or as sharp, much more smoother, a much cleaner blade when rinsing ( no skin cells or soap residue ) than feathers. Nacets may be a better alternative as ymmv everybody here. I am happier with bic blades and think it just seems to get the job done better than feathers for my face. Now after using bic I did do some research and found some interesting information on the web, one article claims they are sharper than feathers. I don't know, but I do seem to like a close shave every time. I used Wilkinson sword soap the first shave with my CH2 synthetic, I could not believe the shave I got with this combo using bic, second shave used a fresh half blade everything the same except used proraso soap with pro boar brush with same results. No nicks nor cuts of any sort as well as my technique has progressed. I have tried about only 7-8 different blades and bic comes on top for me. I have to say i really like a clean environment when shaving including the razor blade looking like new after I used it. Even though I toss it next day and replace blade for my shavette. I just do not feel like replacing a dirty blade after I just shaved, just not my way. As of the longevity of bic blades is unknown to me, I'm thinking 3-5 shaves max I would use them in my de razors in that manor. Even though people here may get less or more shaves. The max I will go is 5 anyway with de razor or shavette.

Same here I love BICs.

It does. Shaving is very much a YMMV kind of thing. If you are talking about what are the sharpest DE blades out there though, Bic isnt even in the top 5.

I disagree completely as they average as the sharpest blade there is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here I love BICs.

I disagree completely as they average as the sharpest blade there is:
Thanks for sharing, I read most of the article on bic blades. I am not sure who wrote this article, very informative. And I did not read this article before putting up this thread, just to be clear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom