What's new

Custom D01 Shavemac - 20% off, 3 knot sizes, 3 handle choices, 3 colors, engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.
would a Rooney be even worth buying in the future. Its just that I have researched Rooney and really wanted one. I fear that if I buy a shavemac d01 I will be disappointed in a Rooney in the future. I know it sounds stupid but if I buy this brush I may never be happy with any other brush that I purchase in future.

Also does anyone have dimensions for the 19mm and 20mm brush?

We can still order, right?

Yep! You can place an order all the way until March 1st - after that, the group buy link will be gone and no more orders will be accepted.

Here's the second issue. I just received my CE Super Badger Brush on Saturday. It is the softest of all my brushes and feels absolutely wonderful. However, it is FLOPPY. Now I understand that description. It's probably my technique (or lack thereof) and soap/water mixture, but I've been having trouble face lathering with hard soap. I'll be trying some of the softer soaps and then creams during this week.

Is the D01 floppy at all? If so, how floppy? If it's going to be similar, for me, it won't be worth the $$$$$.

Nope, with the reduced lofts on these brushes they are not floppy at all.

would a Rooney be even worth buying in the future. Its just that I have researched Rooney and really wanted one. I fear that if I buy a shavemac d01 I will be disappointed in a Rooney in the future. I know it sounds stupid but if I buy this brush I may never be happy with any other brush that I purchase in future.

I am being 100% serious about this - if you use a Custom D01 Shavemac you may be disappointed with any brush you use in the future. Why buy a dense Rooney, if it is just going to be scrubby compared to your D01? Why by a soft Kent, when it is just going to be floppy compared to your D01? Why pay double the money for a Simpsons or Plisson, when they aren't really any better than your D01? For me, these are all of the things that went through my mind after I started using mine. It cured my SBAD, in a good way.

Now, there is no "universally acclaimed" brush - no matter what it is some people will always love it, some people will always hate it, and some people will just say "meh." But I feel that a Custom D01 knot is one of those amazing things in the shaving world that must be tried to be believed.

Last edited:
I have the Rooney Heritage and I like the feel of my Shavemac D01 better. I have ordered a smaller Shavemac in this deal to "replace" my Rooney. Just go with the Shavemac, you won't be sorry.
Larry

Just placed my order. SWMBO is not going to be happy with me but I couldn't pass this up!

You should get two. Bernd will combine shipping for you so the second brush will essentially have free shipping. I don't see how you could pass that up. :biggrin:

-Andy

Curious, what would be a good knot size for face lathering creams, 19, 20, or21? :confused:

Any will work well. If you have a larger face and a full wallet, get the 21mm. A smaller face and/or a tighter budget get the 19mm. You'll be pleased with either.

-Andy

...I am being 100% serious about this - if you use a Custom D01 Shavemac you may be disappointed with any brush you use in the future. Why buy a dense Rooney, if it is just going to be scrubby compared to your D01? Why by a soft Kent, when it is just going to be floppy compared to your D01? Why pay double the money for a Simpsons or Plisson, when they aren't really any better than your D01? For me, these are all of the things that went through my mind after I started using mine. It cured my SBAD, in a good way.

Now, there is no "universally acclaimed" brush - no matter what it is some people will always love it, some people will always hate it, and some people will just say "meh." But I feel that a Custom D01 knot is one of those amazing things in the shaving world that must be tried to be believed.

+1... sort of. My 21mm/50mm custom D01 cured my SBAD for other brushes but has made me want more Shavemacs.

-Andy

Any will work well. If you have a larger face and a full wallet, get the 21mm. A smaller face and/or a tighter budget get the 19mm. You'll be pleased with either.

-Andy

I don't think I saw many members talk about or order the 20mm. It seems like that may be also a good choice because it is not has expensive as the 21mm and just a tad bit bigger than the 19mm.

Brush 1#
Color:Ivory Imitation
Handle Shape:Shape 2
Knot Shape:Fan Shaped
Size:With 19 mm knot
Brush 2#
Color:Horn Imitation
Handle Shape:Shape 1
Knot Shape:Bulb Shape
Size:With 21 mm knot
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Handle 1