What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You realize just how much foreshadowing there is. A lot...

That goes back to the very first episode. That's the fun in watching them again.

As for last night, I very much enjoyed the episode. That's the show I've enjoyed for all these years. I'm glad to see it return.

Another D&D vein of thought:
[Zombie] Mountain is actually a flesh golem (not a LOTR type golem) created by Qyburn...a spell of some sort used to bring what was once genuinely dead back to some form of animation.
What happens to a Golem when the creator dies? : DnD
Kill Qyburn and you kill the Mountain. A far easier task I'd imagine.

As for the scorpions---were those Gatling gun/Howitzer crossbows?! Rate of fire was utter nonsense...not to mention the absurd range. Yes yes I know. Must suspend disbelief since there are freaking dragons in this world.

I really liked the look on Euron's face in the teaser. That was a 'Holy Bleep!' look if I ever saw one.

< As for the scorpions---were those Gatling gun/Howitzer crossbows?! Rate of fire was utter nonsense...not to mention the absurd range.>

I agree. Also, couldn't Dani and the dragons have spotted Euron as soon as he spotted them? Why not be a little more careful on the scouting. The military tactics are starting to seem lame. Throwing cavalry head long into advancing infantry. Setting up infantry immediately outside of fortifications with a tight choke point for getting back behind them. Be more interesting to have a demonstration of real medieval war tactics. If scorpions are so accurate, why take out the dragon that does not have Dani on it?

Not sure why folks are celebrating Jon. Not sure he did anything. Nice to get back to Dani saying she is doing all this to make a better world, rather than just for her ambition. Still, I thought a good episode. Lots of plot development. I did think the killing was a little forced to ramp up the emotion. Not sure how I feel about the Jamie/Brienne thing. Seemed a little forced, too. Intended to redeem Jamie, perhaps.

Only two episodes left. I am very sad.

In the scene where Sansa sits down to talk with the Hound, in the background you can see Podrick picking up the girl the Hound just scared away, along with the girl he (Podrick) already had. The three exit stage left....

Podrick hasn't lost his magic touch, apparently

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It was actually Sansa's coffee, according to one online source ... though Dany can ignore the "Coffee is hot" warning label.

AA

This is not an original thought, so I won't ask whether anyone else thinks this way--at least one published writer does--but I do not sense any romantic chemistry between Jon and Dani. Actually, to me, Dani has lost considerable charisma generally, whereas initially she was very "hot."

Interesting given that Sansa seems quite appealing to me these days, and also seems to have significant chemistry with Tyrion. The show has numerous examples of obvious chemistry between couples.

But to me Jon and Dani have none. The obvious joke is for characters to find out Jon's secret lineage and slap their heads and say, well, of course, that explains what is off about Dani and Jon romantically!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
1 dragon left
With all the dead after the last battle they made a point to say the forces are matched.
Will dani go mad?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A shame to lose half the Air Force "operationally" ... (even) my wife was yelling, "Why doesn't she swoop around and burn them (the ships) from the back?"

Writers must have had a reason to throw away a dragon like that. Isn't one of the purposes of an Air Force scouting? How the heck is a flying dragon surprised by ships? Little bit weak, and I hate criticizing the show. You have to have the "suspension of disbelief" thing for good fantasy/fiction to work.

And yes; they seem to be developing the Targaryen "madness" again. Coming on slowly in Dany. To simply "have the good queen win" would be too simple for this fiendishly complicated show.

AA

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I researched the episode. Sad to see the Dragon go but yes @Ad Astra (wife) why not fly around back?
I think they want to even up the odds. Does jamie kill cersi or dani another mad king.
I didn't pick up on the "final word" was fire initially

I'd like to know before "it's all over":

-What did the voice answer out of the flames when Varyss's "pillar and stones" were cast into the fire?

Top Bottom