What's new

You guys made me do it

Okay, I used the brush tonight with a cream I know and can trust (Proraso). I figured I know how the last three brushes lathered with Proraso so I can compare the lather and performance.

All I can say is...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What the hell?

Is it magic? Now, I have watched my share of shaving videos and especially lather videos, and while I get great lathers, I could never create a lather in a couple of swirls like say...Sir Mantic. I always figured the lather Gods bestowed upon him the grace and technique to whip up a lather in seconds time. I used to follow the videos with precision. I even brought a laptop in the bathroom and no luck. I could get a great lather it just took longer. With this brush it was like every half swirl was an explosion of lather exactly the way I have seen in the videos.

How can the brush make such a big difference? My technique isn't any different. I noticed this brush held WAY more water than what I was used to. I did shake it a couple of extra times to get the excess water out after the hot water soak.

I had complained about the size but after using it I'm quite fond of it now. I was able to hold it comfortably in my hand while whipping up lather. Swirling it gave me no slipping issues (like my other brushes). It really is nothing short of amazing.

The only downside was that after I wet the brush it smelled like the badger pissed himself before they turned him into a brush. :ohmy: It smelled good when it was dry but the second I wet the brush it began to stink. Nothing too overwhelming and I know this goes away after a while just thought I would mention it.

I'm really surprised with this brush and now I can't wait to take that little gem to a couple of my soaps to see what it can do. Thanks to all of you for brainwashing me into buying this Rooney. :001_tongu

There is one downfall though...I know I'll never pick up another one of my other brushes ever again. :frown:

Mind blown. Good. Now that you've experienced the witchcraft of Rooney Super Silvertip, you can see the brainwashing was in your best interest and none of it is hype.

Now get this: that brush only improves the more you use it. :w00t:

-Andy

Top Bottom