What's new

You guys made me do it

I couldn't take it anymore. All this talk about Rooney brushes over and over and over again finally got to me. The guys who make commercials for the superbowl should stop by here and get some serious pointers.

I don't know how it happened, but you guys got into my head. I was trying to hold out for the '09 B&B LE without buying anything in between. I was supposed to be saving money from the M3 cartridge switch. Now I'm like a crackhead looking for my next fix.

This is my first purchase of a good quality badger brush. I currently have an Omega boar brush and a C&E travel pure badger. I settled on a Rooney 3/1 "super" in tortoise. I have been reading the hype about the 1/1 and the 3/1 has the same exact knot just a different handle.

I hope it's worth it.

I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with your purchase. Let us know how the brush workes out for you after you use it a couple times.

sounds like you need a 1/1 to do a fair comparison of the two

Based on one of the OP's earlier posts, it sounds like brush number next will be an '09 B&B LE. The 3/1 was just an interim purchase. That's how I read it anyway. :biggrin:

-Andy

Haha, you're all the type of people I need to stay away from.

The brush will (according to shipping) get here tomorrow. That's really fast considering I put the purchase in late last night. :eek:

Haha, you're all the type of people I need to stay away from.

The brush will (according to shipping) get here tomorrow. That's really fast considering I put the purchase in late last night. :eek:

Then you can answer this tomorrow: How's your mind? Blown?

-Andy

I have the Rooney 3/1 in tortoise. It's in my top three favorites!

I hope you enjoy yours as much.

SBAD has certainly been one of the worse ones for me. RAD chips away in smallish bits (if you get deals on the nice stuff), but SBAD just takes out a large chunk with each acquisition. First it'll be the 75 dollar Rooneys. Then a few 150 Simpson's. Then Butterscotch brushes. Then Shavemac. Then the B&B LE. Then Rooney Heritage. You get the picture
Oh and don't forget the damage Plissons can do. I've stayed away from those

Ok, so the brush is in. I haven't used it yet but my first impression was that it's tiny. This is the 3/1 I can't imagine how tiny the 1/1 is. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just that I thought it would be bigger like my Omega brush. This brush is just a bit bigger than my C&E travel brush.

The knot looks good. The handle is gorgeous. Will come back with thoughts on performance later.

Ok, so the brush is in. I haven't used it yet but my first impression was that it's tiny. This is the 3/1 I can't imagine how tiny the 1/1 is. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just that I thought it would be bigger like my Omega brush. This brush is just a bit bigger than my C&E travel brush.

The knot looks good. The handle is gorgeous. Will come back with thoughts on performance later.

That's what I thought when my 1/1 arrived. It blooms out some, and in the end it performs bigger than it looks. I don't like brushes any bigger than my 1/1 because I find them less maneuverable. Congrats and enjoy it.

-Andy

Top Bottom