What's new

Wunderbar!

As most of you already know Joe from Italian Barber has released his newest addition to his amazing list of razors called the UNDERBAR. I was one of the lucky individuals that was scooped one up and have been using it steady for the last 2 weeks. Im here to tell you that this razor has blown my mind!!! I know we have all heard this before this may be the perfect razor and if Joe somehow figures out how to make a better razor, id be blown away. Prior to swiping over to DE shaving i was one of the common ingrown hairs, bad neck irritation and all the fun stuff that comes with cartige shaving. Once i switched over to the good side ( it was suppose to be the cheaper option too, but we all know what happens) i still had some minor neck and ingrown issues, but this razor fixed every issue I've ever had with sharing. NOW people are probably saying you haven't tried this razor or that razor, I've been lucky enough to try most of the Prototype razors including the Black Mamba, Baby Smooth, Steath slant V1, V2 and various other DE razors(including a Wolfman). the razor is completely different its a perfect blend of weight, aggressiveness, beauty and feel all built into one. If anyone is on the fence about ordering this razor i am here to tell you sign up now. Since I've been a DE shaver Ive been a huge supporter of IB and I truly believe they have created the best DE Razor around. Not only does this razor perform like and Animal, but also its a piece of art with one of the most perfect finishes around. Well Done Joe and the team from IB, you guys have truly created a masterpiece. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I suggest anyone who wants one to simply wait at IB or try our BST. eBay prices are usually atrocious.

I definitely agree. I tracked this razor for four months on Razorock's Instagram and was one of the lucky ones to get one in the first batch. The price was higher than most of his other razors, but was well worth it. Not only is it a well made and balanced razor, but it shaves so smooth that I had to check my angle to make sure the blade was touching my face. As 1Vader said, get on the list and be patient. It really is worth the wait.

Another positive review...I'm on the notification list, so we'll see if I am quick enough this next round. But I like that he has explicitly said that everyone who wants to will have an opportunity to buy it. I have been wanting to try a slant, and from what I hear, this seems like a good one to jump in on .

For any of you who have used both the Wunderbar and the iKon slant, how do they compare in build quality and, most importantly, in the shave? I'm a huge fan of the ikon slant, so I'm curious how they stack up.

For any of you who have used both the Wunderbar and the iKon slant, how do they compare in build quality and, most importantly, in the shave? I'm a huge fan of the ikon slant, so I'm curious how they stack up.

The Wunderbar blows the original Ikon DLC slant way out of the water. Personally, the Ikon couldn't give me a better shave than my 39c back in the pre-Wunderbar days. That said, Ikon just started shipping the X3 slant yesterday and so I am sure there will be a bunch of comparisons sometime soon.

Wow. For $130, the whiskers ought to just spontaneously jump from your beard to the blade when the razor gets close to your face.

I see you are waiting for someone to just invent a laser operated shaving tool.

I remember a while back where someone was soliciting funds on kickstarter for such a thing. Turns out that there was no working prototype and so the listing was cancelled.

Laser operated shaving tools have been around for a long time. In fact, I believe they were first invented a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....

Laser operated shaving tools have been around for a long time. In fact, I believe they were first invented a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....

Yes, and I remember from the movie that Anakin missed the beard by a little and cut his head off. Oh well, back to the drawing board, razor a little too aggressive.

Yes, and I remember from the movie that Anakin missed the beard by a little and cut his head off. Oh well, back to the drawing board, razor a little too aggressive.

Yes, too harsh. It's just a flesh wound though, nothing an alum bar and witch hazel can't fix.

Top Bottom