What's new

Why Aren't All Razors Dual Combs?

I have tried several open comb razors, but I just don't like how they feel on my skin. To me a DC razor is one I would use only on one side (only 50% useful).

I choose which type of razor I want to use before each shave (usually an open comb).
Once I start, I shave with both sides of the razor before stopping to rinse. If the razor were open comb/solid bar combination, I would need to stop and rinse twice as often.
Dual head, therefore, makes no sense to me.

To make up your mind, both must be tried. Wouldn't it be nicer to have both options in the same baseplate instead of having to purchase a second baseplate?

I rotate the the blade before a shave if I'm using the same side as my last shave. If I'm using the opposite side, I leave the blade as is.

I can only comment on the razors I've used in both OC and CC format, but I did notice a difference between the two. I've sold most of my Timeless baseplates except for the OC versions and one CC version.

See above comment. Even with the same .68 or .95 blade gap, I noticed a difference in the shave between the OC version and the CC version.

Yeah but wouldn't it be better if you only had to have one baseplate to have both an OC and CC razor?

I'm just in a bit of an argumentative and tongue-in cheek mood and mean no ill will towards Brutus. These are nothing more than opinions after all and no one can actually be right. Cheers Brutus! 🍻

No offence taken🍻; if a dual comb razor is what your heart desires, by all means, don’t let me stop you, but there is nothing above that could justify changing my mind and go and get one… ✌️

B.

Last edited:
Dual comb severely disturbs my feng shui. Or is it my ocd? Either way, the idea of dual comb is to me as satisfying as a spork.
I can confirm with great certainty that if one's feng shui is distrubed so will one's OCD and vice versa: these are mutually tied at the hip. I can totally relate to "x" being "as satisfying as a spork." I've a titanium spork (the bowl/fork end has a high polish) that I eat with frequently. This tool sucks for eating a steak and I still do knowing it is a subpar utensil for the task mostly because I prep my meal to be eaten out of a bowl (my favorite dish.)

What can I say? I'm a tad quirky.

• Cheers
Reactions: ewk
I’ve never tried a DC, but I have a feeling it’s not my thing.

I also don’t buy the idea that OC are more “aggressive” and suited for longer growth.

My piccolo is a lot gentler on my skin than my progress even at setting 1. Specially ATG.

Top Bottom