What's new

Wolf Whiskers Knot Type

Personally, I'd go with the Elite Razor Manchurian simply because I worry that the quality may drop at some point (batches of hair are different) and I'd miss out on a unique experience (e.g. Rooney Heritage hair). . .
I'm considering one for just that reason.

Personally, I'd go with the Elite Razor Manchurian simply because I worry that the quality may drop at some point (batches of hair are different) and I'd miss out on a unique experience (e.g. Rooney Heritage hair). You should be able to get a Black Wolf/Tuxedo knot for a long long time. The Black Wolf is a great knot though and you will not be disappointed.

Another option, pick up a wolf whiskers black wolf and while your on the waiting list, head over to Elite Razor and buy a beautiful handle with a Manchurian knot from Bob Quinn.

My most recent purchase
View attachment 764871

I absolutely love this idea. I've been wanting a nice, wood handled brush for awhile, so this would solve both dilemmas. I had no idea how nice his handles were. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a wood handled, Manchurian knot brush from Elite Razor, then try to get on the Wolf Whiskers waitlist and go for a Black Wolf.

For the WW, I've already decided I want the "Party on Bourbon St" design; might as well represent my home town! Thanks to the fine folks here to "suggesting both" and enabling the habit!

I'm on the WW waitlist and am < 50 from the top of the list. What did you get? I'm thinking of one of the Black Wolf, or maybe a TGN badger.

Yes, I've actually been trying since July so actually longer than 6 wks now that I think about it[/QUOTE

Feel your frustration. I guess I got lucky. I did have to pull over off the road when I saw a spot open up while I was driving to get the spot.

I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... I don't need another brush... This forum is going to kill my wallet!

I don't have a Wolf Whiskers yet, but I do have an Elite Manchurian White and it is OUTSTANDING. It is as good as any knot out there, even those that are more than twice its price. When I get on that Wolf Whiskers list, my plan is to send Peter an Elite Manchurian White to put in there if he can't get them himself. Second choice would be the Envy White that he can get.

Peter just announced a new knot called the Timberwolf. It's grey with black tips. He hasn't released much info on them yet. Says info is coming in October. They look really cool!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Too bad it's impossible to get on the wait list. I'd love to have one but after checking multiple times daily since July I'm growing weary.

Kabuki brushes.

Man, you guys are wound up about make-up brush knots. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Use whatever you want.

These synthetics are getting out there.

I can imagine those will look cool in some handles.

Badger for me though.

Kabuki brushes.

Man, you guys are wound up about make-up brush knots. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Use whatever you want.

These synthetics are getting out there.

I can imagine those will look cool in some handles.

Badger for me though.
I have to agree. I've tried a few synths and I keep one around that I use once in a while. It's okay, but I don't love it like I do my Paladin, Elite Manch White, Shavemac D01, Chubby 2, Thater 2 band, Zenith Manch, and Virginia Sheng 2 band. The synth works well building lather, but not any better than a badger and I just prefer the feel of those good badgers. I got on the WW waitlist yesterday and right now the plan is to send Peter an Elite Manch White to set into the handle when the time comes.

I just started to collect brushes this week and was lucky enough to get on the wolf whiskers wait list this morning. Really looking forward to having one of these A+ beauties in my collection I do think I will be going with a synthetic though as they are all I use.

I just started to collect brushes this week and was lucky enough to get on the wolf whiskers wait list this morning. Really looking forward to having one of these A+ beauties in my collection I do think I will be going with a synthetic though as they are all I use.
Congrats. I got on earlier in the week after trying for several days. I ended up sitting in front of the computer hitting refresh every ten to fifteen seconds during the time windows given on the site.

Which window are you guys getting on the list? Morning, noon or evening?
I got on the list during the 8:00-9:00 PM (Eastern Time) window. After a few days trying and failing, I opened the get on the list link and just kept clicking refresh every ten or fifteen seconds until there was an opening. It took almost ten minutes.

Congrats. I got on earlier in the week after trying for several days. I ended up sitting in front of the computer hitting refresh every ten to fifteen seconds during the time windows given on the site.

Thanks man I'm pretty stoked to be getting one they are so pretty. Was pretty shocked it was open to me so soon

Which window are you guys getting on the list? Morning, noon or evening?

I got on today at 4am-5am

Top Bottom