What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New arrivals, this week and last:

5 CroMagnon Anthropology (Gran Corona):
proxy.php

5 Adrian's Havana Corona:
proxy.php

4 Panacea Red Habano Robusto:
proxy.php

A Panacea White Corojo "Bolt" (4x50) that was a freebie with the reds shown above:
proxy.php

Yet another humi, a Bally from cigarbid.com:
proxy.php

Also snagged 2 Liga Privada No. 9 Robustos and a T52 Robusto in TN last week.

Last edited:
One of these little guys showed up in the mail yesterday...a gift from a friend.

San Cristobal de la Habana El Prinicipe (4 1/4" x 42)
proxy.php

Arrived today and yesterday:
5 Pinar Del Rio Habano Sun Grown robustos
5 Joya De Nicaragua Antaño 1970 robustos
5 Flor De Gonzalez 90 Miles toros

In transit:
5 Joya De Nicaragua Celebracion consuls
10 Partagas Serie D No. 4

It seems I have had a bit of a binge :blush:

I have now deleted the Cigar Monster app from my ipod and am in the process of unsubscribing from all cigar-related online retailer email lists...seriously :laugh:

Finally pulled the trigger on some PSD4's. It's a super fresh box though so they've gone to the bottom of the humi for a while.

EMO Jan '11

proxy.php

proxy.php

Friday last: four estate pipes via eBay. A Danish Sovereign (Stanwell second), a Peterson System (302?), something that feels like ceramic and labelled "Targuard" and a strange claw shaped meershaum. All is very rough condition. I spent Sunday morning cleaning up the Danish Sovereign and now it's beautiful and a great smoker. Next project is the Peterson to go with my Galway. Then I have to figure out what has happened to the stem for the meershaum...

Just arrived today: a package from Pipesandcigars.com in New York containing a tin of Presbyterian Mixture, a tin of Dunhill 965 and pouches of Prince Albert and Alsbo gold. I'm happy 'cause they sailed through customs late yesterday (Sunday) afternoon without attracting any duty. If I bought those in this country it would be somewhere north of au$120 thanks to our wonderful government and their determination to fleece smokers (mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble)

Also arrived today (but not tobacco releated): one bottle of Clubman Aftershave courtesy of a friend just back from the States.

Well my Fathers Day present was a pair of Macanudo Crystal Cafes. Since I have had these before I can say it was an excellent gift!

$Macanudo.jpg

Jay

1 pack of condor tobbacco . that i am not fond of but have been told equates to drinking strong black coffee so a bad tobbacco to start with so...
so i brought
1pack of mellow virginia not bad but not what i was after so...

have to head into petersons in dublin and have a chat and a look around for some aromatics. till i got a call yesterday when i got a phone call saying i am getting another paycut so will hold of for a little while till swmbo cools down

I was gifted a bunch of cigars from a guy that I have done some trading with. I can't even remember everything that came in the box - some of them I had never heard of, but they included:
  • Diesel Unholy Cocktail
  • Diesel Unlimited d.5 (robusto)
  • Esteban Carreras 5150
  • Oliveros Eight Zero
  • Maria Mancini Excellence (6x52)
  • La Perla Habana Black Pearl robusto
And many others that I can't recall off the top of my head, but there were probably a dozen cigars in the box - it was a great gift! :w00t:

Hi All. I'm new to this thread and relatively new to the forum.

I picked up a bit of brown leaf this month:

proxy.php

Some Dunhill My Mixture 965 and Classic Samsun. I've tried the latter, it's really nice.

proxy.php

A new favorite Pete with some LE Summertime Blend. It's a light aro, lots of melon flavoring. Not my typical blend but a nice change I think. Jury's still out.

Hi All. I'm new to this thread and relatively new to the forum.

I picked up a bit of brown leaf this month:

proxy.php

Some Dunhill My Mixture 965 and Classic Samsun. I've tried the latter, it's really nice.

I have a tin of Dunhill 965 in my stash to try. It's in the queue behind the Prince Albert, Presbyterian Mixture and (currently smoking) Erinmore Mixture. I'm looking forward to it. The McClelland Classic Samsun is on my list for the next order or maybe the one after :001_smile

One of the nicest things about smoking a pipe is having so much good tobacco to choose from. Please let us know what you think of the Dunhill,

Bluebear (Cpt)

My new Brebbia Avanti Dark 301. I've never had a prince shape and I got this in box and unsmoked for less than the cost of a weekday lunch. It does have the stupid lines carved in but I ain't complaining.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Two of my local B&M's have started carrying Panacea cigars, from the Flatbed Cigar Company. If you aren't familiar with Panacea, they offer 4 lines, distinguished by color; Red (Habano), Black (Natural or Maduro), Green (PA Broadleaf), and White (Corojo).

I have tried the Red and White so I picked up a Black Maduro robusto and a Green 560.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I scored some more stuff.

proxy.php

I purchased this beautiful Peterson River Series: Corris on Smokers Forums classifieds. It was a great deal and came with 2 ozs. of Squadron Leader. This pipe smokes like a champ! The lighter was a gift from some students, and I inserted a falcon butane pipe lighter insert. It's a great lighter that rivals my Old Boy.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I recently turned 50 and a good friend gifted me these two tins of Dunhill, each aged four years. I'm going to let them mellow a bit longer, but I am looking forward to busting them open.

proxy.php

Been wanting to try this. Bought it for myself at a local B&M that sells a lot of cool shaving stuff, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom