Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Discussion in 'The Brown Leaf' started by 73mountaineer, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73mountaineer

73mountaineer Moderator Emeritus

I don't know how it is possible that we don't have a dedicated thread for new acquisitions yet, but I have ordered so many new cigars lately that I thought I could get one started.

Items in transit, but not yet received:

- Fuente Hemingway Short Story (5 Pack)
    [​IMG]

- A 5 Vegas 20 cigar desk humidor (ran out of space at my office)
    [​IMG]

- Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Petite Corona 2nds (5 pack)
    [​IMG]

- Puros Indios Viejo Maduro Coronas (5 Pack)
    [​IMG]

- Gurkha Sherpa Toro (5 Pack)
    [​IMG]

The Gurkhas and Puros Indios are both cheapies that I thought I would try out to see if they would make good yard gars. I'm not at all familiar with either of them, but at $2.20 and $1.40 per stick, respectively, I figured they were worth rolling the dice on.

2. Pair of cheap scissors.

3. I used to be horribly addicted to CigarBid also :lol:.

Pretty soon it'll be time for me to start scanning that site again. I have enough cigars to last a little while. Amazingly I still have some sticks in there that have to be at least 2 years old. I can't seem to locate any Gurkha Nepalese Warriors very easily. I need to score myself some more of them.

4. 73mountaineer

It's worse than the BST - one AD for another I guess! :laugh: I need another batch of cigars like I need another shaving soap! :001_rolle

If I could just stay away from Cigarbid & Cigar Monster (even worse, there's an app for it!) I would be ok!

5. Argonaut

Argonaut Moderator Emeritus

My name is Jason and I'm a Cigarbidoholic.:laugh: I spent about $800.00 in a month when I first found that site. I got a lot of really good deals, and a lot of tee shirts and stuff. When I finally noticed how much I was spending I put the brakes on, after I won a 300 count humidor to help store all of my new smokes. After that I needed cigar juice, a keychain punch cutter, the autographed copy of "Cigar Style", a retired cigar mold from the Camacho factory, and a few other essentials. Wetshaving has nothing on the cigar/pipesmoking AD's in my world. I feel like I've got enough razors (24 at last count), I've never felt like I had enough tobacco laying around. I've actually caught myself thinking " I need to smoke more often, I still don't have enough room in the humi for another box of smokes.":blush:

6. Jumped on the CI Weekend Special. Bought a box of the ITC 10yr Anny in torpedo for $59. Splitting it with a buddy because couldn't bring myself to buy a whole box as I just can't recall exactly what I thought of this cigar first time I smoked it (which means it can't be all that). Figured for just under $3 a stick for the cigar that was originally going to be the RP Decade before the blends got switched at the last moment couldn't be too bad a deal, though. I have no idea where I'm going to put even 10 more cigars, however... My "wineador" is bursting at the seams.

7. Argonaut

Argonaut Moderator Emeritus

Better get busy smoking!

8. Well as the new guy to the Brown Leaf I guess I will add my small haul for the day!

View attachment 156242

Jay

9. 73mountaineer

Very nice haul, Jay, thanks for sharing :thumbup1:

That's a nice-looking humidor, and since I spy what appears to be a Romeo y Julieta in that sampler of cigars, check this offer out: http://ryjreserveoffer.com/promo0211.html

10. Just a little somethin' somethin'

[​IMG]

11. :w00t: Three nuns! Capstan! I thought you couldn't get that stuff here.

12. It's good to know people (in Norway)

13. 3 tins of Kingfisher
    2 big tins of Orlik Slice
    1 Dark Star
    1 Blackwoods Flake
    1 Old Gowrie
    1 Marlin Flake
    1 Manhattan Afternoon

14. 73mountaineer

Be sure to let us know how you like 'em Jay, I have only smoked a couple of Macanudos so I don't have much experience with them :001_cool:

Nice to see the pipe smokers checking in too - good stuff guys! :thumbup1:

15. Macanudos are in my top two of favorite smokes, I got turned on to them shooting trap with buddies out in the desert. Fine cigars and fine times

16. Bundle of CI's Super-Premium 2nds.

17. Nice! I hope someday my meers will color like that.

18. 73mountaineer

Very nice! :thumbup1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.