What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbup1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
a little bees wax will tighten up the treads if stem screws onto a threaded tenon. Many have a tenon (male) that treads into the stem and a mortice (female) that treads into the shank. if those are loose you might be better off replacing them they will have eroded the meerschaum around the threads and will need a matched set for replacement. To clean it up ream any cake from inside the bowl, be very careful not to gouge the bowl when reaming. scrub the shank with bristle cleaners. I use alcohol and have never noticed discoloring or a failure to color. Wipe the out side of the bowl with a clean cloth slightly moistened with alcohol and follow with a clean dry cloth to remove any dirt or grime if it is present. Cork the bowl and paint the exterior with melted bees wax. Then holding the pipe over a trash can use a hair drier to melt the wax allowing it to drip off the pipe you will notice it deepen in color, this is expected. Melt all the wax off the pipe and once cool buff with a clean cloth.

My most recent tobacco related purchase. A vintage Weber. Don't smoke pipes a whole lot but I couldn't resist haha

The latest editions:

L to R - Padilla Series '68 Torpedo, Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles 2X, Perdomo Habano Toro Maduro.

The humi is new too, a San Cristobal-branded Savoy 25 capacity model for my office.

full

and a Punch bobblehead :biggrin1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I switch from indoor pipe smoking (okay with SWMBO) to cigars this time of year. I ordered boxes of Liga Privada T52 Toros, Legendario Bertha maduros, and LGC Serie R #6 maduros. I like a cigar on the front porch or back patio after supper. In the meantime, I've been smoking La Aroma Mi Amors and EP Carrillos, and a few La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros, and JdN Antaños. I prefer full, large gauges.

I've got one tin of each coming...

Penzance
Frog Morton
Early Morning Pipe

My brother found those at a local cigar shop and now is traveling to another town a couple towns over and visiting a pipe shop that he is told has over 300 blends. Hopefully he'll find the rest of my wish list there.

Todays stop by my tobacconist yeilded a small humidor restock...

5-RyJ Habano Reserve Coronas
1-Partagas Robusto
1-Punch Upper Cut Robusto
1-Macanudo 1968 Robusto
1-Macanudo Robust Hyde Park
1-Macanudo Cru Royal Robusto(http://golf.cigarworld.com/perfect-foursome-offer/)

View attachment 165381

I swear when I get up the nerve I am gonna buy a box of the RyJ Habano Reserves but since I only smoke 1 or 2 sticks a week I just haven't been able to make myself do it. Tho' I may not have to since a week ago my son was asking when Fathers Day was and then last night he stopped by for our weekly cigar and was asking which cigar I had enjoyed the most so far and then asked for the ring:w00t:!

Enjoy the pic!

TE=Hornwort;3143869]Nice :thumbup1:

Though I only smoke R&Js when I'm in the hospital for lung cancer, or trying to pick up dudes on La Rampa in Vedado :001_tt2:

~

Ordered a box of Rocky Patel *Brothers today, 2008.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, tell Andrejo I said hi. Tell him to give you the five finger discount, he'll know what you mean. Sorry about your lung cancer.:laugh:

Last edited:
I bought two pipes this weekend, plus I'm negotiating on a third. I've only been smoking a pipe since Friday week!

First is a Svendborg Admiral numbered 312 (I assume the shape code rather than a series number) via eBay. Great condition, just needs a clean and polish.

The second is a Person Galway with a sterling silver band (?! that was unexpected!) bought from a local auction house. They have combined estate sales every couple of months - I must keep an eye out. It's good but unloved and needs a thorough clean and "de-coke".

The third, currently under negotiation, is a GBD New Standard that I failed to bid on eBay (cause eBay decided they won't accept bids from my laptop or phone, only the work computer) but which was passed in at AU$15. Waiting to here if the seller is amenable to being paid cash...

On reflection, that sounds like the start of a joke: an Englishman, an Irishman and a Dane walk into a tobacconist...

I'll post some pics when I get them cleaned up and presentable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom