Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT R-1 Kronos
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Many thanks for your great pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday :thumbup:

Par excellence ... Saturday's contributions of photos and words were exceptional and delightful.

Thanks one and all, gentlemen. You have my utmost appreciation.

@ClaudioBP - Playful arrangement. Fun picture.
@Tenergy - Fine elements photo, Valeri. Do like that backdrop.
@Sir_Eider - Love the framing on this pic.
@Jnatcat - Different style of overhead shot, Will. The inclusion of the towel was spot on.
@Dagwoodz - Like the stance of your straight, Josh.
@dudesweet157 - Neat picture, David. That brush has SOME backbone. Great combo razor.
@Rusty Blade - Another fine set up. Like those scales.
@Cash_Stronomer - Oh, vintage time in the leaves. Great little composition. Was the Ivory Soap usable?.
@mcdig - Very colorful shot, Martk. Fabulous setting. Beauties: razor, brush and bowl.
@Bobcat - That blade seems phenominal, Bob. Hope you have more than one tuck.
@Doug57 - Great picture, Doug. Love that lineup in waiting.
@lindyhop66 - Excellent shot.
@nikonNUT - How was the Kai in the Aristocrat? Liking the Hallows?
@blzrfn - Exceptional lighting for this shot.
@Rxdude - Nice perspective picture. Great lather. How is the ATT SE1 shaving?
@Smooth Steve - Like your element placement. Nice scuttle of suds, one might say. The Grackle is sharp looking.
@TheKushFather - Fine angle for the photo.
@Sdm84 - Pretty good 20 second throw together shot, Owen. Sometimes quicky shaves are rewarding, especially if the elements are good.
@Hanover - Love that lighting, Mark.
@doc47 - A fine capture as always, Dan.
@mdevine - Handsome array, Mike. The back/foreground complement the elements nicely.
@skypsyd - Richly displayed, Dave. How was the vintage shaving cream? You have some of the greatest decanters and bottles.
@azwetshaver - Beautiful overhead shot, Gabe. Love that brush.
@theos - Nicely staggered shot. Mühle and iKon - great combo!
@readyz - Lovely soft focused pic, Zalan.
@LoungeLizard - Very good closeup, Larry. This could easily be a go to shave.
@eezee - Another 2-fer and worth the wait. Both depict exceptional shaves.
@Quink - Superb close-in, JC. An adjustable is a good alternative to an OC ... and maybe as adverturous.
@CT23 - Choice angle for the shot, Chris. It gives an unusual perspective to the shot. Love the wood and the greenery.
@120inna55 - Quite artistic, Matt. Love the razor and blade placement. That is a spectacular pre-war tech.
@ram57 - First-rate portrait. Love the fragile frame.
@sandstone - Attractive photo, Phil. Nothing wrong with that shave at all!

Hope your evening has been well and that you are looking forward to a rewarding Sunday.

Be seeing you, gents.

Last edited:
@skypsyd - Richly displayed, Dave. How was the vintage shaving cream? You have some of the greatest decanters and bottles.

Thanks Ron, it is very nice, Murray gave me this a few yrs back and it is a wonderful vintage cream, a dab will do ya, LOL and it explodes into a very nice lather. Nice soapy fragrance. I try to decant everything in glass, if I can find the originals, I look for unique stuff, LOL

Last edited:
Sunday's Shave 10.23.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

CV Heljestrand Mk*31
Ever Ready 100T Boar
Williams Mug shave Soap ( Blasted Blue Willy )
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave splash
Avon Island Lime

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

October 23, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 OC with Triad SS
Feather (3)
Doug Korn DK7 with Druida Manchurian
Fine Platinum Shave Stick
Witch Hazel
Fine Platinum Aftershave

Par excellence ... Saturday's contributions of photos and words were exceptional and delightful.

Thanks one and all, gentlemen. You have my utmost appreciation.

@Rxdude - Nice perspective picture. Great lather. How is the ATT SE1 shaving?

Hope your evening has been well and that you are looking forward to a rewarding Sunday.

Be seeing you, gents.

thanks Ron. I really enjoy the ATT SE1 and it has become my go to shaver. I find it to be an efficient razor, not overly aggressive and it gives great results. It was my first SE and also first ATT razor, it is a piece of quality work. My only negative is I reach for a straight razor less often now.

Sunday 23 October 2016

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Inox, 8/8 Extra Full Hollow, Irish Point

Yesterday I received a phone call from Mastro Livi and he told me he finished making my straight razor so I could go there and pick up it. I am glad he could make my razor within this week, despite Mastro Livi is very busy in organizing his participation to the Culter Expo in Milan - the most important knife exhibition in Italy - where he will be showing a lot of new razors and products, not to mention a special barbershop where visitors can enjoy a free shave with Mastro Livi razors and brushes as well as the newest Cella shaving products. I will be there of course as this is something I do not want to miss. The latest Mastro Livi razor I added to my collection is a super marvelous shaver. It is made of stainless steel and I wanted the blade to have an Irish point and scales made of amaranth wood as I like its purple color. The razor is a superb shaver and, thanks to the extra full hollow grinding, it gives a super close and smooth shave. I am very happy with this new straight razor Mastro Livi made for me! Simply awesome!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Zenith 506 Extra Silvertip Badger, 26 mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox, 8/8 Extra Full Hollow, Irish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Lustray Bay Rum

Sunday evening

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Rooney 3/1
A/S: Pitralon
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
Soap: BdF/TFS Mistero
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (22)
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar-24mmx54mm
Aftershave: Country Club Sweet Water

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

BdF Mistero today. 20 seconds to load the Omega Boar. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Sweet Water aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom