30mm WD Silvertip on Ivory Handle
Maggard V2 on Bulldog Handle
Astra SP
Barrister's Reserve Cool Splash
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: July 9, 2017

Prep: Warm shower w/Gillette Fusion ProSeries Sensitive Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Black Diamond Shaving Co.
Soap: Le Père Lucien Cologne-Fougère
Brush: Whipped Dog tall amber handle silvertip 24mm
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Safety Bar Machine Finished
Blade: Personna Super Comfort Coated (11)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère

2017-07-09-17-30-20.jpg

2017-07-09-17-56-39.jpg

Fotor_149963673195123.jpg

SOTD, Friday, July 7th, 2017

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Acqua di Parma shave cream + aftershave
Truefitt & Hill badger brush
Schulze 6/8" "Friday" straight razor

proxy.php

Splendid photo of a superb shave, Murray. Love the curved stripes; it gives a circus feel.

image.jpeg
SOTD July 9th
Razor: Gillette NDC 40s style SS
Razor: Feather
Soap: Razorock Plague Doctor
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
AS 1: Thayers Cucumber WH
AS 2: English Leather

what about that soap, Ron ?
Sounds good Oud-Santal tallow ! I have proved some LPL but i don´t know nothing about that scent. Tell us something..

Thank you,

LPL's Oud-Santal is an excellent soap, Raul. The woodsy cologne scent derived from oud and sandalwood is a fragrance that is quite spectacular. Once the jar is uncapped the wonderful fragrance is quite evident and increases during the shave. As the soap dried the bathroom was filled with its exquisite scent. This tallow soap works into a wonderful, sensual lather that makes me wish I were a head shaver so I could extend the pleasure. At 200g/7oz the tin will last a very long time. Oud-Santal is a limited edition so I don't know how long it will be available. I highly recommend it for performance and aroma.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Hot Shower
Jack Black Face Buff
Rotbard 5031
Feather
Wolf Whiskers
B&M Le Grand Chypre
Alum
Thayer's
B&M Le Grand Chypre A/S
proxy.php

7/7/17
Jamie's " Christmas in July " shave..

1. etsy beehive alchemy peppermint pre shave oil.
2. West Coast Shaving Denali soap.
3. semogue 830 w/fine bowl.
4. Maggard slant head, West Coast shaving handle.
5. Thayers medicated.
6. PAA CANE Aftershave / PAA frost byte balm....

Just what is needed this time of year, Jamie. Excellent, varied array. And the snowflakes were perfect. I was going to do a Krampus shave but I couldn't find the aftershave.

Schick Type M Injector
Schick blade
Maggards marble handle synthetic brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Family Dollar Spice aftershave

Soap: Proraso
Brush: Maggard 22 mm Synthetic
Razor: Maggard M27-V3 Closed Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
Pre-Finish: Cold Water Alum Block
Finish: Pinaud Clubman

proxy.php

Welcome to SOTD, Chris. Like your layout for your first picture. Nice depth of field.

- Gillette G4 Fat Boy (8)
- Astra Superior Platinum (4)
- Fine L'Orange Noir soap
- Semogue 1305 (first use)
- Bowl lather
- Fine Italian Blend AS
- Thayers Lemon as well as Cucumber Witch Hazel
- BBS goodness

I started with an Omega 10066 when I started wet shaving last year. Always seemed like a good, if not great, brush. Using the 1305 today made me raise my eyebrows as soon as it touched my cheek. I think I like it better and it hasn't even been broken in. I tend to be a creature of habit. This morning reminded me how I've been missing out by not mixing things up more frequently. That's going to change. Hopefully, lol.

Happy weekend all.

View attachment 802457

Superb high angle close-in pic, John. Variety is good. For me I use so much that I sometimes forget what is really good ... of course, that could be caused by age also....

Very nice image Ron. Each time I look at it I feel as if I'm looking at a painting. Beautiful, warm and rich colors!

Thanks, John. It's easy to use filters to get an interesting perspective on a photo but I'm usually a bit unsatisfied with the result and try to tweak the image and even use one or two other processes to get something I like. Sometimes it really works well. I was happy with this one.

July 9th ...
Jamie's Night Shave
1. Kiss My Face Mint.
2. RazoRock synthetic.
3. schick injector type N. schick Japan twin injector blade (2).
4. Humphreys Citrus witch hazel.
5. West Coast Shaving Gatsby after shave.
6. DOVE MEN CARE after shave balm.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Ever Ready 400 24mm APShaveCo Tuxedo Synthetic
L&L Grooming DFS 2017 LE
Satin Silver Hawk / Schick Proline (4)
Thayers Superhazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Barbedeaux ~ Shea Moisture Tea Tree
proxy.php

Lovely setup, Doug. How is that L&L limited edition? I kick myself for overlooking it. Neat stand for the Silver Hawk.

SOTD: 8th July 2017.
View attachment 802478
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather:~ Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face/ Bloom water wash.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.(Slithers)+ Palmolive 'Classic' Shave Stick . (Disc)

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. ~Saloon Pack .(1)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Lucky Tiger ~ Aftershave/Face Tonic .

Benetton~ Essense of Men. EDT.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend... I've been digging out shaving provisions i haven't used for a long time, i still have gear i've yet to try....
That's what happens when you go on impulsive buying bouts, you build up so much stuff, you forget what you've got in your shaving den.Back to the shave....

Another soap experiment using a small cut disc of palmolive 'Classic'shave stick & some slithers of the w.s. soap bowl pressed together in my mixing bowl, and bloomed for a 2 minutes in a few drops of warm water. The verdict?....

Not a wonderful result, not quite the the result i had with the Arko & shave cream but never the less ,a good enough lather, for the shave..
The wilkinson sword soap bowl i find you have to work with it to provide a good lather.,next time i'll try it with a cream rather than a soap..

My 24C/Gillette W.S.(saloon pack)blade paired up excellently, resulting in a smooth efficient 3 pass + pick ups shave, with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of lucky tiger & some

squirts of the Benetton EDT to the pulse points & chest.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Attractive arrangement, Barry. Excellent shave description and observations.

proxy.php

have a nice day !

Great looking Black Oxide Blackbird, Raul. Mine has a very mottled look; perhaps it's the patina Blackland talks about. Also the head has lost much of its coating. Blackland says I got a bad one. Still shaves fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom