What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 9th - January 15th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proraso Green Pre/Post
Barbershop 22mm Maggards Black Synthetic
Barrister & Mann Seville
Feather SS Folding razor / Feather Pro Guard (6)
Thayers Superhazel/Proraso Green Pre/post Followed by Original Kyovu

proxy.php

Nice Friday the 13th shave. I love T&S Dark. It used to remind me of a peppermint pattie, but as time progressed, it has gotten more complex. Just a beautiful fragrance.

Thank you, Matt. T+S Dark does grow on you. I certainly agree to its complexity.

01/15/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
Mühle R41 Razor 2013 Head
Personna Blue Comfort Coated Blade - 3rd Shave
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic

$IMG_4227.jpg

Thank you for the kind words. It was a rough pic. During the set up, I dropped my scuttle off the counter and it shattered! At least the shave was great. I really like using the R41. I think this is just my favorite razor in the rotation. I like to mix it up, but always look forward to coming back to it.
Steve

Sorry to hear about the scuttle, Steve.

Thank you, gentlemen, for providing a quite enjoyable excursion into SOTD for Saturday. Photos and text posts were exceptional. All contributions were greatly appreciated.

@skypsyd - A smashingly fine shave, Dave. Nice sedate backdrop.
@LarryBills - Welcome to SOTD. Smart looking high angle shot.
@alfredus - What a scene for a SOTD! Someone mentioned paradise before; I concur!
@Clint64 - Like the parallel design, Clint. One of these days I need to pick up a Shavemac D01.
@Jnatcat - Another excellent overhead composition, Will. Love the Wolf Whiskers.
@shm - Classy shave, Søren. That brush IS a beauty ... and it's still available!
@Dagwoodz - Great looking Flair Tip, Josh. Nice album selection; Orinoco Flow is one of my favorites.
@mcdig - Wow, that bowl is overpowering, Mark. To my eye: an incredible shave!
@Bobcat - The Elite is a striking brush, Bob.
@UngerWoo - Ah, Cold River Soap Works' new formula....
@cruise_bone - How did you like the Stella Alpina soap and a/s?
@lindyhop66 - Comely presentation.
@Doug57 - Splendid arrayment, Doug. Great scales on the razor. Hope you enjoyed the Meet.
@cmh737 - Stately looking setup, Chris. How was the AOS shaving cream? Did it lather well?
@Cash_Stronomer - Ah, the snow recedes. Neat placement of razor and brush in the slight shadow. Great wooden perch and background. Love the sunlight catching the bit of color.
@blzrfn - Fine game day shot, Dave. Sorry about the score....
@Rxdude - Nice high angle POV. Like the diluted color.
@Gladiator5 - Welcome to SOTD. Stunning SE.
@CT23 - Excellent photo, Chris. Love your setting. Unique brush indeed! Envy your soap.
@jfim88 - Talk about an exquisite shave ... you nailed it! The shot's a beauty by the way.
@Jcan88 - Exceptional close up, Jeff. Impressive razor head.
@troy71mo - Like your layout, Troy. The injectors are a learning experience. I've gotten ok shaves from them but not the raves I've read about from others. Of course I don't use them that often.
@prometeo - Whoa! is that a Gillette Techmatic? How did it shave?
@EzraCobb - The Sun Down soap seems to be performing quite well, Jamie. I love my Semogue 830; I didn't know a boar could be so soft and pleasant to use.
@ram57 - That is a shave worth waiting for. Bravo!
@nikonNUT - Everytime I see Malbolge I say, Why don't I have that soap?
@Zipp - Lovely array. Another fantastic composition. I do love your backdrop.
@mdwolfie86 - Superb low angle pic. Such a neat brush! Like your mug.
@evnpar - Definitely a regal shave with a marvelous layout. Is that stone your gear rests on? It adds to the quality of the photo.

I started very late this evening after a Chinese New Year celebration (still a couple of weeks away) so I'll just say good night now and see you next time, gents.

Last edited:

Thank you, gentlemen, for providing a quite enjoyable excursion into SOTD for Saturday. Photos and text posts were exceptional. All contributions were greatly appreciate.

[MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] - A smashingly fine shave, Dave. Nice sedate backdrop. [MENTION=80284]LarryBills[/MENTION] - Welcome to SOTD. Smart looking high angle shot. [MENTION=59691]alfredus[/MENTION] - What a scene for a SOTD! Someone mentioned paradise before; I concur! [MENTION=90097]Clint64[/MENTION] - Like the parallel design, Clint. One of these days I need to pick up a Shavemac D01. [MENTION=88630]Jnatcat[/MENTION] - Another excellent overhead composition, Will. Love the Wolf Whiskers. [MENTION=20076]shm[/MENTION] - Classy shave, Søren. That brush IS a beauty ... and it's still available! [MENTION=111038]Dagwoodz[/MENTION] - Great looking Flair Tip, Josh. Nice album selection; Orinoco Flow is one of my favorites. [MENTION=87268]mcdig[/MENTION] - Wow, that bowl is overpowering, Mark. To my eye: an incredible shave! [MENTION=71645]Bobcat[/MENTION] - The Elite is a striking brush, Bob. [MENTION=50355]UngerWoo[/MENTION] - Ah, Cold River Soap Works' new formula.... [MENTION=113050]cruise_bone[/MENTION] - How did you like the Stella Alpina soap and a/s? [MENTION=51464]lindyhop66[/MENTION] - Comely presentation. [MENTION=104921]Doug57[/MENTION] - Splendid arrayment, Doug. Great scales on the razor. Hope you enjoyed the Meet. [MENTION=82524]cmh737[/MENTION] - Stately looking setup, Chris. How was the AOS shaving cream? Did it lather well? [MENTION=76298]Cash_Stronomer[/MENTION] - Ah, the snow recedes. Neat placement of razor and brush in the slight shadow. Great wooden perch and background. Love the sunlight catching the bit of color. [MENTION=58087]blzrfn[/MENTION] - Fine game day shot, Dave. Sorry about the score.... [MENTION=105978]Rxdude[/MENTION] - Nice high angle POV. Like the diluted color. [MENTION=113608]Gladiator5[/MENTION] - Welcome to SOTD. Stunning SE. [MENTION=85857]CT23[/MENTION] - Excellent photo, Chris. Love your setting. Unique brush indeed! Envy your soap. [MENTION=100922]jfim88[/MENTION] - Talk about an exquisite shave ... you nailed it! The shot's a beauty by the way. [MENTION=92615]Jcan88[/MENTION] - Exceptional close up, Jeff. Impressive razor head. [MENTION=27307]troy71mo[/MENTION] - Like your layout, Troy. The injectors are a learning experience. I've gotten ok shaves from them but not the raves I've read about from others. Of course I don't use them that often. [MENTION=78390]prometeo[/MENTION] - Whoa! is that a Gillette Techmatic? How did it shave? [MENTION=113264]EzraCobb[/MENTION] - The Sun Down soap seems to be performing quite well, Jamie. I love my Semogue 830; I didn't know a boar could be so soft and pleasant to use. [MENTION=51567]ram57[/MENTION] - That is a shave worth waiting for. Bravo! [MENTION=91603]nikonNUT[/MENTION] - Everytime I see Malbolge I say, Why don't I have that soap? [MENTION=92822]Zipp[/MENTION] - Lovely array. Another fantastic composition. I do love your backdrop. [MENTION=113642]mdwolfie86[/MENTION] - Superb low angle pic. Such a neat brush! Like your mug. [MENTION=71249]evnpar[/MENTION] - Definitely a regal shave with a marvelous layout. Is that stone your gear rests on? It adds to the quality of the photo.

I started very late this evening after a Chinese New Year celebration so I'll just say good night now and see you next time, gents.

Thanks you!

I am repeating the same soap and AS that used in last shave. I love SV soaps and this Stella Alpina is incredible. A very good scent. Elegant and fresh. Love it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Razor: Ever-Ready Shovelhead
Scuttle/Bowl: DB Bill Bowl
Soap: Mama Bear Aged Spice
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Aftershave: Old Spice
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Old Spice

$IMG_5989.jpg

2017-01-15

Ikea bowl ¤ Shavemac 2016 LE Silvertip ¤ FaTip Classic + Derby Extra
TFS Tabacco Verde ¤ Floïd The Genuine AS ¤ Ferrari Scuderia EDT

proxy.php

proxy.php

• Razor: Feather AS-D2
  • Blade: Feather (2)
  • Brush: J&T ChrisVM
  • Bowl: Edwin Jagger Porcelain Shaving Bowl
  • Pre-shave: TOBS - Jermyn Street Pre-Shave Gel
  • Shaving Cream: TOBS - Jermyn Street & American Crew - Precision Gel
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand
  • After-shave: TOBS - Jermyn Street After Shave Cream
  • Fragrance: TOBS - Jermyn Street Luxury Cologne

Sunday evening

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby Extra (2)
Soap: Proraso
Brush: Omega pro 48
A/S: Nivea
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Sunday 15 January 2017

proxy.php

Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

Whenever I shave with a RWL34 stainless steel straight razor made by Mastro Livi, I have always the same impression: I like this steel and I absolutely like the way Mastro Livi works this steel and turn it into the shaving paradise. This razor has everything I look for in a blade: superb shaving performance with a super smooth and close shave as well as the right balance between aggressiveness and smoothness. I also love the Mastro Livi eco-silvertip shave brush I used today, in my opinion one of the very best synthetic lofts around, a great performer in lathering and caressing the skin. Today I was in the mood for a special fragrance so I used the 4711 Original Eau de Cologne Aftershave - I love the 4711 fragrance - and, besides the lovely scent, it is also a good aftershave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Mystic Water Marrakesh
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Eco-Silvertip, Stabilized Popal, 24mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: 4711 Original Eau de Cologne Aftershave

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Envy Shave "Eight Ball" with Envy Withe Two Band
Knockout Shave Cotton
Blackland Blackbird
Feather HS #3
Fine American Blend
Brooks Brothers 1818

proxy.php

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles La Terre Verte
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium (22)
Brush: Elite Razor Amboyna Burl/Manchurian White-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Anucci EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Catie’s Bubbles LTV today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Manchurian White. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” still in the Gillette NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Anucci EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Sotd 15-01-2017

proxy.php

pre: hot water -vegetable soap herbal karitè - proraso red
shaving soap: Lea shaving soap classic
Brush: Muhle silvertip
razor: Muhle R41 rose gold - astra green
after shave: pinaud clubman special reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom