What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 30th - February 5th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

A new week at SOTD has started, Gentlemen!!!

Once again it is a FREE WEEK!

So it's time to loosen your creativity, gentlemen.

Please post any photo you chose or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, b&w, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

Be adventurous!

Thank you, gents, for your participation.

Have an excellent week!

Menthol Monday SOTD

$P1130081 (2).jpg

Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D2)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
Pre-Shave Oil: Lemon Lime Chill
Shave Soap: Mama Bear Cilantro Lime Iced
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Lime
Cologne: Shulton Old Spice Lime

proxy.php

Date: 30 January 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Stirling Black Cherry Shaving Soap
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable (WTG #5, XTG #2, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Speck Aftershave
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

Is time to give this baby a spin Parker Variant Adjustable ordered this last year 5 days early before Christmas, and is too early for me to give a review on the Parker Variant Adjustable and the weight felt good giving a spin.

Stirling Black Cherry shaving soap smell like Christmas again strange wonderful smell on my nose just a little bit sharp of dry Black Cherry, would be nice to add brandy into the soap would give me a wonderful early kick of Christmas again.

01/30/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dirt Artisan Shaving Soap
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Grackle DOC Razor
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dirt Aftershave & Cologne
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

$IMG_4322.jpg

Monday's Shave
( Final Day of the MWF / Haslinger Shootout and final day of One Razor, One brush, One Aftersahve, and one EdT)
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

CV Heljestrand MK*32
Shavemac Colonia No 1 / Two-band Silvertip
Haslinger Schafmilch shave soap
British Sterling aftershave splash
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

Have a nice Monday Gentlemen

Sunday was a stupendous day at SOTD. I do believe the bar is being raised higher as the quality of the photographs and written descriptions continues to reach the stratosphere.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your elegant photographic and textual contributions. All are appreciated.

@ram57 - Fine photo to start with and effective, subtle treatment.
@Clint64 - Nice brush to complement your layout, Clint.
@Tenergy - Exquisite photo, Valeri. The brush is a beauty.
@shm - Another superb array, Søren. Love your choice of gear.
@The Razor - Handsome close up shot. When you use the new CRSW let us know how it performs compared to the old formula.
@sarimento1 - That's pretty much a golden shave, Murray! I'd love to have a brush handle like the scales. Nice Omega.
@Cash_Stronomer - Excellent photo of razor and brush in repose. Nice handle on the EJ.
@mcdig - Quite an artistic setup, Mark. Like the balance of the Blackbird.
@Bobcat - Tip of the hat to your shave, Bob. It looks like a fine one.
@ymiclassroom - Like that ground level shot. Neat scales on the Mastro Livi. Love those Wolf Whiskers handles.
@blexa - Nifty arrangement. Fantastic brush. The Red Tip looks pristine.
@Loei - Have you used the hard Tabac soap, Loei? I wonder how the cream compares.
@gartbnx - Lovely photo, Gart. Is that a gold GEM G-Bar? If so, I didn't know they existed.
@Doug57 - Attractive overhead POV, Doug.
@lindyhop66 - Comely close arrangement.
@razorguy - Very good commentary. I recently picked up a De Vegulde Hand Extra Fris but have yet to use it.
@UngerWoo - Like your alignment, especially the razor support.
@Antique Hoosier - Love the golden tones in this pic, Mike.
@skypsyd - An exceptional perspective shot, Dave. That mug seems quite substantial.
@cmh737 - Now that's what I call a neat arrayment, Chris. Great colors.
@Dagwoodz - Josh, does the coating on the Fatboy effect the shave in performance or face feel?
@caus24 - Smart looking layout.
@witeq - Excellent placement, Witek. Quite nicely designed. How did the Acevivi shave? One side better than the other?
@cruise_bone - Nice array. Good to know about the Origins Fire Fighter balm
@eezee - How do you like using the Vie-Long, Erich? Is it much different from using a badger or boar?
@Jnatcat - Every time I see that razor I tremble, Will.
@Smooth Steve - Thanks for the assessment of the scuttle and the Octane recommendation. I knew the performance would be fine but I'm just not sure of the fragrance.
@Red Rider - Like your use of the lather bowl to support razor, blade and brush. The countertop does make a good backdrop.
@The Razor - This is a great treatment. How was the Lavish? Do you like the new CRSW formula?
@Zipp - Such a striking photo! Excellent lighting against the darkness. How was the Bvlfari shaving soap?
@5Cantonas - Eye-catching high angle POV.
@Chango - Mixing artisans is a fine path to follow!
@Theyack - Very appealing shave photo, Dave. There's something about Leviathan....
@imcndn - Love that towering effect. Nice elements. How are the Shaverboy blades holding up?
@DEdestroyer - One fine looking shave. How did you like the Weber?
@EzraCobb - That is quite an array, Jamie. I see your vintage boar performed pretty well. I've had trouble with some barber-style knots being too floppy. Congrats on the Sun Up.
@PACO GALAN - Sweet, quality shave. Beautiful razor.
@CT23 - I love these nestling pictures, Chris. Quite beautiful. Excellent lighting.
@mlb0926ad - Let us know how the Wilkinson performed. I just may have used one way back in the day. The dispenser looks so familiar.
@Vesalio - Splendid arrayment. That brush is awesome!
@nikonNUT - Love that Beaudelaire! So decadent....
@DblD - Outstanding close-in shot of an intriguing shave. Fine looking knot on the Ever Ready. And Night Music....
@mlb0926ad - Thanks for the complement. The Asylum Rx performs as well as it looks. IMHO I think it is the best of the modern SEs.

Again I am up way too late. I'll just say good evening, gents. Be seeing you.

Last edited:
Razor: C.V.H. MK31
Strop: Kanayama
Scuttle\Bowl: SWK
Soap: Cap’n Choice Sandalwood
Brush: R.V Custom Badger
Aftershave: : Cap’n Choice Sandalwood
Balm: : Cap’n Choice Sandalwood
Talc: Clubman

$IMG_6032.jpg

2017-01-30

Ikea Bowl ¤ Semogue 750 ¤ 6/8" Gold Dollar 66
Mühle Sea Buckthorn ¤ Castle Forbes Lime ASB ¤ Ferrari Black EDT

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Finest Tigris
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thank you for tour wonderfull pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a great start into the new week :thumbup:

Sunday was a stupendous day at SOTD. I do believe the bar is being raised higher as the quality of the photographs and written descriptions continues to reach the stratosphere.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your elegant photographic and textual contributions. All are appreciated.

@ram57 - Fine photo to start with and effective, subtle treatment.
@Clint64 - Nice brush to complement your layout, Clint.
@Tenergy - Exquisite photo, Valeri. The brush is a beauty.
@shm - Another superb array, Søren. Love your choice of gear.
@The Razor - Handsome close up shot. When you use the new CRSW let us know how it performs compared to the old formula.
@sarimento1 - That's pretty much a golden shave, Murray! I'd love to have a brush handle like the scales. Nice Omega.
@Cash_Stronomer - Excellent photo of razor and brush in repose. Nice handle on the EJ.
@mcdig - Quite an artistic setup, Mark. Like the balance of the Blackbird.
@Bobcat - Tip of the hat to your shave, Bob. It looks like a fine one.
@ymiclassroom - Like that ground level shot. Neat scales on the Mastro Livi. Love those Wolf Whiskers handles.
@blexa - Nifty arrangement. Fantastic brush. The Red Tip looks pristine.
@Loei - Have you used the hard Tabac soap, Loei? I wonder how the cream compares.
@gartbnx - Lovely photo, Gart. Is that a gold GEM G-Bar? If so, I didn't know they existed.
@Doug57 - Attractive overhead POV, Doug.
@lindyhop66 - Comely close arrangement.
@razorguy - Very good commentary. I recently picked up a De Vegulde Hand Extra Fris but have yet to use it.
@UngerWoo - Like your alignment, especially the razor support.
@Antique Hoosier - Love the golden tones in this pic, Mike.
@skypsyd - An exceptional perspective shot, Dave. That mug seems quite substantial.
@cmh737 - Now that's what I call a neat arrayment, Chris. Great colors.
@Dagwoodz - Josh, does the coating on the Fatboy effect the shave in performance or face feel?
@caus24 - Smart looking layout.
@witeq - Excellent placement, Witek. Quite nicely designed. How did the Acevivi shave? One side better than the other?
@cruise_bone - Nice array. Good to know about the Origins Fire Fighter balm
@eezee - How do you like using the Vie-Long, Erich? Is it much different from using a badger or boar?
@Jnatcat - Every time I see that razor I tremble, Will.
@Smooth Steve - Thanks for the assessment of the scuttle and the Octane recommendation. I knew the performance would be fine but I'm just not sure of the fragrance.
@Red Rider - Like your use of the lather bowl to support razor, blade and brush. The countertop does make a good backdrop.
@The Razor - This is a great treatment. How was the Lavish? Do you like the new CRSW formula?
@Zipp - Such a striking photo! Excellent lighting against the darkness. How was the Bvlfari shaving soap?
@5Cantonas - Eye-catching high angle POV.
@Chango - Mixing artisans is a fine path to follow!
@Theyack - Very appealing shave photo, Dave. There's something about Leviathan....
@imcndn - Love that towering effect. Nice elements. How are the Shaverboy blades holding up?
@DEdestroyer - One fine looking shave. How did you like the Weber?
@EzraCobb - That is quite an array, Jamie. I see your vintage boar performed pretty well. I've had trouble with some barber-style knots being too floppy. Congrats on the Sun Up.
@PACO GALAN - Sweet, quality shave. Beautiful razor.
@CT23 - I love these nestling pictures, Chris. Quite beautiful. Excellent lighting.
@mlb0926ad - Let us know how the Wilkinson performed. I just may have used one way back in the day. The dispenser looks so familiar.
@Vesalio - Splendid arrayment. That brush is awesome!
@nikonNUT - Love that Beaudelaire! So decadent....
@DblD - Outstanding close-in shot of an intriguing shave. Fine looking knot on the Ever Ready. And Night Music....
@mlb0926ad - Thanks for the complement. The Asylum Rx performs as well as it looks. IMHO I think it is the best of the modern SEs.

Again I am up way too late. I'll just say good evening, gents. Be seeing you.

The Weber was a superb shave . I'm actually trying to locate one I loved it so much .

Good day, gentlemen!

Brush: Mühle Silvertip Fibre 23 mm
Shaving cream: Speick Men
Razor: Mühle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
After shave lotion: Speick Men

A mild, yet close shave is the best start into a day, even if it is a rainy day. And a mild, yet close three-pass shave it was.

The 23 mm Mühle STF whips lather like no other brush I have ever used, the lather from Speick shaving cream is second to none and the combination of an R89 razor and a Feather blade must have been put together in heaven. The crowning finish is a generous splash of Speick after shave lotion, which tingles sensationally and soothes the skin but does not cause any burning irritations at all.

proxy.php

Have a good day and a good shave, gentlemen!

Last edited:
Monday evening

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby Extra (3)
Soap: arko
Brush: Omega 10081
A/S: Lucky Tiger
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom