What's new

SOTD "Free Week" January 15 to 24, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday Morning Shaving Festivities

So I'm learning to use this Enders. Haven't given up on it. A modified Rapira DE SS blade seems to work better in this particular model than an Injector blade. Cella sample was my first use of this legendary soap and a load off the little sample tub produced a three pass lather. Cudos to the Solar Flare for handling the loading and face lathering so well. Overall not a bad shave.

Enders Safety Razor
Rapira Super Stainless DE (Modified to SE) (2X)
Cella Shave Soap Sample
PAA Solar Flare Brush
Proraso Red Splash
LT Piver Heliotrope Blanc Aftershave Lotion

26B6F96E-9251-4948-9F24-503B18E98E12-compressed.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve Bradley
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third shave this week with my Karve Bradley Razor loaded with a Personna Medical Prep. Blade. The shave was a lot better than yesterday’s shave but I felt some tugging. I will switch the razor and blade on Friday. Today’s brush is my first Paladin brush As with all my Paladin brushes the lather was perfect. The Williams soap was used for the 44th time. Have a great day and weekend., folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, January 19 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP, 50mm or AC type + a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2023>, Mild to mid range depending on blade used or shim. Excellent accurate machining and finish QC gives a person a nice shaving razor. Very small head parts allows for very nimble shaving and very enjoyable + not much weight. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai captain titian mild(1) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier AC blade IMO.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nicely masculine scented Lavender with excellent lather qualities.( obsolete)
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 25mm timber wolf synthetic knot :001_wub:. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Timber wolf knots have worked well for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE with a Kai Captain titian mild blade.
5SOTD Januray 19 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

1/18/24
Reef Point Submariner
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD1-18-24.jpeg

1/19/24
Haslinger Sheep Milk
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Gillette 1961 Model 195 "Fatboy"
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Nautica Pure Discovery

SOTD1-19-24.jpeg

Friday Morning Shaving Festivities

So I'm learning to use this Enders. Haven't given up on it. A modified Rapira DE SS blade seems to work better in this particular model than an Injector blade. Cella sample was my first use of this legendary soap and a load off the little sample tub produced a three pass lather. Cudos to the Solar Flare for handling the loading and face lathering so well. Overall not a bad shave.

Enders Safety Razor
Rapira Super Stainless DE (Modified to SE) (2X)
Cella Shave Soap Sample
PAA Solar Flare Brush
Proraso Red Splash
LT Piver Heliotrope Blanc Aftershave Lotion

View attachment 1782445
I Have the same razor, can you give me some information about how to use a DE blade in this razor.

Thank you in advance

I Have the same razor, can you give me some information about how to use a DE blade in this razor.

Thank you in advance
On YouTube look for Subie Shaves. He does a lot of hacks for old razors with modern blades. Look for his hacks on the Christy Razor as it definitely resembles the Enders. Because they load and cap a bit differently you will have to adapt a bit of his hack to have the blade seat correctly. It involves trimming the end tabs a bit and making the DE blade fit into the size of the original Enders blades. I have some old Enders blades and use them as a template for correct length and width. Sorry for the lousy pictures. Here is an original Enders blade and a cut down Feather DE. I also use a little strip of tape on one side to stabilize the DE blade and make it thicker. The tape helps to stick the blade to the flat part of the Enders and keep it in place as you attempt to put the cap on. Understand that they are a pain to load. But once you have one in it will last a few shaves. Also the angle of this razor is different than any of my other SEs. I have to continually remind myself of angle while shaving.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpegFullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom