B IMG_1123.jpg

Sotd 18-02-2017

proxy.php

pre: hot water
shaving soap: Lea shaving soap classic
Brush: Zenith 505NK Manchurian
razor: R41 + bulldog - Astra blue #1
after shave: nivea extreme confort

Thank you kindly, @ronweston for your generous comments!

Here goes my belated contribution from yesterday night:

17 February 2017
Friday Night Shave

Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Maggard Razors Synthetic 24mm
JabonByLuna Edición Especial Foroafeitado
Gillette Super Adjustable "Black Beauty" + Gillette Nacet (x3)
Thayers Rose Petal + ASB JabonByLuna Edición Especial Foroafeitado

proxy.php

SOTD - Saturday, February 18, 2017 - SE Saturday VII

Shaving Soap: Wit & Wisdom Spiced Cedar Cream
Brush: Omega #90081 Syntex
Razor: Colonial Razors The General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (2)
After Shave: Aqua Velva Musk

Simple shave today.
Tried Cream for the first time. Got it at the dollar store. It was ok, was pretty slick, smelled ok. I missed the lathering though (and the really good scents that I've been spoiled with).

proxy.php

Sunday's Planned SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Case Red Imp 133 11/16 Full Hollow
Brush: Savile Row 3226
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
Pre-Shave Gel: AOS Ocean Kelp
Shave Soap: BWW Queen Anne's Revenge
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

@Atalk - Fabulous close-in on a superlative layout, Mike. I see that the Santa Maria del Fiore is giving you some longevity.

I hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend. I'll bid you a good evening now, gents. Be seeing you.

Thanks Ron! I am 3017'ing the tub and I have a looooooong way to go still. The shaves are great but it does add a tiny bit of monotony to my SOTD photos.

We'll just expect seeing that jar for the next year or so! :001_smile:001_smile Glad the shaves are good. I'm planning on buying a jar very soon.

SATURDAY SOTD ::::: February 18, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Shaveology
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Spice Grenade
Brush: RazoRock Finest Badger 24mm
Razor: The Holy Black SR-71 Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome Super (1)
Post Splash: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Spice Grenade

2017-02-18-18-17-08.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Back to the Eclipse... Seriously, this razor makes a cart seem difficult to shave with. I just love it!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Rigarazor (wicked sharp from maker)
Wolf Whiskers WSP Manchurian
La Savonniere du Moulin
Chatillon Lux - Fougere

Last edited:
Thanks Ron. The Blackbird is a different razor and provides a very close shave by the second pass. Yesterday I tried the closed comb and this morning I tried the open comb. Only one shave each and because the razor seams to have a narrow and steep angle, it takes a bit more to get used to. I like the feel though. The closed comb was a bit smoother, but had a bit more drag on my face. Maybe it was just because it was the first shave. You can feel the teeth on the closed comb and every so often I felt a little blade bite with two small weepers. The post shave alum provided a little sting with the open comb which is not typical for me. I think it was also because of the extremely close shave. Again, I'm just getting used to this razor. I'm enjoying it because, for me, it performs different enough to provide a unique experience. I think as I use it more, the feeling will only improve and the closeness is amazing. Personally, many say the Blackbird is not real aggressive, but I feel the blade a bit more aggressive then my R41, while the efficiency is great and really leaves my face very smooth. I can't wait to put more shaves behind me with this razor. So far it has been very nice and I think will be a great daily driver.
Steve

Glad you are liking the Blackbird. I have one of the older versions, before they introduced the open comb. Although I haven't found it to be aggressive I do think it is a very efficient razor. I just don't use it too often. My version is the black oxide model, which is quickly loosing its finish and developing a very unsightly mottled look. Blackland, when informed, said they would replace it in the next release in October but I haven't heard from them lately. The look doesn't effect the shave so I really should break it out again.

Spectacular photographs and precisely composed shave descriptions were on display at SOTD for a stupendous Saturday.

Thank you, gentlemen, for all of your contributions. Each was greatly appreciated.

@skypsyd - Stellar presentation, Dave! Love your backdrop. Really like that Team Brush.
@ClaudioBP - Striking photo. Great placement of razor on the bowl. Lovely Rubberset.
@Dagwoodz - That's one hard to beat blu(e) shave, Josh!
@shm - Very balanced layout, Søren. Quite appealing. Love your backing; great color!
@alfredus - Beautiful photo! Exceptional design with reflections in the top cap and base plate. Lovely Paladin.
@germanshaver - Welcome to SOTD, Chris. Nice medium high angle for your shot. Like your razor.
@ymiclassroom - A pretty frosty pic. Your gear could easily be resting on a mound of snow.
@Clint64 - Nicely done b&w, Clint. Like this viewpoint.
@Bobcat - Ah, Bob, the Spoiler begins another ride.
@Cash_Stronomer - Welcome back to the simple pleasures.... Nice pic, BTW.
@cruise_bone - I agree with your scent assessment. Most tobacco fragrances are too mild. Hefty little razor. The handle reminds me of the SR-71 I used today.
@xxlpack - Smile for the camera. Fine portrait. Like the date in the multi-layered frame.
@Doug57 - Now that's a refreshing shave, Doug. Nice splay on the brush.
@Jnatcat - The Art of Sandalwood. Comely layout, Will.
@PACO GALAN - Fine arrayment. Bet the razor is comfortable in the hand.
@120inna55 - Excellent photo, Matt. Superb review.
@Quijote - Welcome to SOTD, Donald. Love your mug. How do you like the razor?
@sarimento1 - Exquisite pic, Murray. Excellent use of the scuttle.
@EzraCobb - Nice travel kit, Jamie. Like that vibrant vertical shot.
@Smooth Steve - Dandy photo, Steve. Close focus on the razor with gradual blurring is well done.
@cmh737 - Quite a pose, Chris. That rich blue provides an exceptional backdrop for your setup. The brush is stunning. How is the Rx trial going?
@CT23 - Fabulous photo, Chris. A Day in the Sun for an awesome trio. That is a great rock pedestal!
@carm-gs - Lovely overhead POV. Like the interior of your bowl.
@Corto - Wonderful high angle perspective, Daniel. The b&w is a great choice for the pic.
@troy71mo - Superb presentation beautifully arrayed, Troy. Too bad the cream wasn't better.
@ram57 - Another marvelous photo with lavish coloration.
@sandstone - Bravo, Phil: Brush as Ballerina! What a gorgeous layout.
@nikonNUT - I imagine this was quite a pleasurable shave for you.
@Noire - That blade looks evil! Neat Wolf Whiskers.

Hope Sunday is a great day for everyone. Good evening now, gents. Be seeing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom