What's new

💥 🎇 🎆 SOTD "New Holiday Gear/Happy New Year Theme Week" - January 1st, 2024 to January 7th, 2024 💥 🎇 🎆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday SOTD
20240106_133016.jpg

Razor: Wostenholm & Sons Pipe 5/8" Full Hollow
Brush: Shavemac Americana D01
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: I Coloniali
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy AS

1939-RFB-W_2024-01-06.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" Silvertip D01 2-Band 14/42
Soap: Grooming Dept Pura
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Caffè Latte [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

This great team demolished my four-day mini-beard effortlessly. The sickly-sweet honey aroma of the "scent-free" Pura was a little off-putting again, but the soap itself is fab. Once again, post-shave, my highly fragranced Caffè Latte ASL killed off the Pura "aroma." :devil:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Sun 7
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
A very nice combination of soap, brush, and splash...great lather and wonderfully complementing scents!
This old hefty razor still provides an impeccably smooth, comfortable, and satisfying shave...
20240107_090058.jpg

8F94D53E-12CA-41EA-8AB6-D69D47B72612.jpeg

SOTD

Razor - Blackland Osprey Prospector
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - DG Revenant
Soap and Aftershave - DG Revenant

This Osprey was revamped by Razor Emporium and plates with rhodium and gold. Was worried that the polish and plating would make the razor slippery but the worry was unfounded. No slipping and very comfortable in the hand after the sharp edges the handle had were deburred. Started with setting 4 which gave a DFS after 3 passes but wasn’t close enough for me. Went to setting 7 for a clean up pass which remained smooth and gave me BBS. Looks like 7 is the right setting for me.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9451.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Palmolive.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Russia: Razor Blade White Box Blue Lettering.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Truth For Men.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 7th January 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli essential oils
Blade: Super Shave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No.15 EdP.

Greetings,

The Baili BD 191 "Tech Clone" I originally bought to build a introduction starter kit for a workmate who was curious to try out traditional wet shaving, but like a lot of people he expected too much too soon and reverted back to using disposable/cartridge razors again....So he returned the Baili BD 191 razor to me along with a few other shaving items thanking me, saying it wasn't for him...Each to their own choice.

My only minor criticism with the Baili BD191 is the handle is slippery when wet, but I rub my fingertips with a alum block which give a better grip when shaving with it.
Like the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Kanzy K100 razors, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design" which gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving, which is something I like very much about all three razors.
The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'bottom heavy' which for my personal preference is a bonus for me as the weight of the razor does all the work with no pressure needed to be added when shaving...A very good razor apart from the slippery handle.

An acceptable close 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No. 15 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday
Preshave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: Lord Tajam Platinum
Brush: EverReady 200 Restore w/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: AoS Unscented
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel

D2XNIuC.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Tasmanian Huon Pine
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelium Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Claus Porto Agua Porto EdC

Such good soap - a terrific shave.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
2022 Contributor’s Brush by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Al***
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso AB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third and final shave in a row with my Henson AL*** with a Wizamet blade. Another superb shave. Very close and smooth. Towards the end of my shave, I could feel the blade was not as sharp as I like so I decided this would be my last shave with this combo. I used another badger brush today: the 2022 Contributor’s brush made by Rudy Vey. The brush is soft to the face but still loads soap easily. The Williams was used for the 32nd time. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom