What's new

Something Better than a Wallet

Based off this thread, I ordered a Flipside wallet last week, and I am totally comfortable with it after only a week's use. I was forced to declutter and the Flipside is still thinner than my old wallet - even when my old wallet was emptied !! It is lighter, sits better in my pocket, and the 'Wow!' factor, when I pull it out to get money or a card, is just off the scale! Along with the RFID shielding (which I'm not sure has ever been a real problem for me) there is just a lot more security with this wallet. Me likey !!

Based off this thread, I ordered a Flipside wallet last week, and I am totally comfortable with it after only a week's use. I was forced to declutter and the Flipside is still thinner than my old wallet - even when my old wallet was emptied !! It is lighter, sits better in my pocket, and the 'Wow!' factor, when I pull it out to get money or a card, is just off the scale! Along with the RFID shielding (which I'm not sure has ever been a real problem for me) there is just a lot more security with this wallet. Me likey !!
Don't really want any attention paid to my wallet!

I absolutely adore mine. I am also not sure about the need for RFID, but I do know all my cards are converting to the new chip technology so you never know. The compliments are astounding and I am a bit of an attention hog. It has been very practical and sturdy. There are also accessories to expand its capabilities, but I have never used them. I am glad you enjoy it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Guess another YMMV thing, I just don't need more than one credit card, one debit card, licenses for car and CPL, insurance. Couple business cards and only keep bigger bills. Never will figure out why you'd need more in your pocket than that. I like this one in Salmon skin .. works both pockets, and on the worst day less than half an inch thick

$IMG_6555.jpg

This thread cought my eye and I gotta say that this wallet looks damn good to me.

But a question if you will. My own wallet lives in my right rear pocket from the moment I get dressed for the day and when I get ready to change into my Jammies.

The only time it is not there is when I travel to popular tourist spots within the US or other countries that warn you that there are more than a few pickpockets and then the wallet goes into my left side pocket with pocket "Junk" on top of it.

So seeing that this wallet will be in said location for near 16 hours a day, is it kind to you behind when you sit on it for extended periods?

This thread cought my eye and I gotta say that this wallet looks damn good to me.

But a question if you will. My own wallet lives in my right rear pocket from the moment I get dressed for the day and when I get ready to change into my Jammies.

The only time it is not there is when I travel to popular tourist spots within the US or other countries that warn you that there are more than a few pickpockets and then the wallet goes into my left side pocket with pocket "Junk" on top of it.

So seeing that this wallet will be in said location for near 16 hours a day, is it kind to you behind when you sit on it for extended periods?

I wish I could help, but I never keep it in my back pocket.

Best wishes on an answer!

I just got the same wallet about 3 days ago and I like it. It takes up way less space than my previous wallet and its lighter as well. And I got some compliments on it yesterday so I like it a lot. I'm trying to get my dad to get one as well. It does feel weird not to carry so much stuff in my wallet.

I've always carried my wallet in the same 'right, rear pocket', and the Flipside is smaller, lighter, and more comfortable in this location. So much so, in fact, that I have had mini panic attacks when I thought I'd left my wallet at home, because I just don't notice it as much back there as I did its predecessor! Obviously, with this in mind,when I travel anywhere that pickpockets might abound, the Flip is going to a more secure pocket/location (or I might not know it was gone until it was too late!)

I carry in the front left pocket, any thus need a pretty minimalistic wallet. I've been using a slim card case with ID slot as my wallet for years. Fully loaded, it's about as thick as an iPhone. This has a center slot for cash, but they have variations with a built-in money clip.

$image.jpeg $image.jpeg

My wife gave me a flipside a few years back. For my tastes it was too big. The only time I use it is when we go to Mexico on vacation. I can feel it in my pocket at all times. It is funny how peoples tastes on things vary.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Never heard of the Flipside wallet until re-reading here. Is it really a just little plastic box as it appears? Maybe I'm not getting it, but a wallet sized chunk of synth in me pocket likely won't make me that happy. It's generational maybe? When my sons show up they all empty their pockets on the dining table, wallets like bricks, keychains that weigh 2 pounds, but the cell phones stay with them.

Never heard of the Flipside wallet until re-reading here. Is it really a just little plastic box as it appears? Maybe I'm not getting it, but a wallet sized chunk of synth in me pocket likely won't make me that happy. It's generational maybe? When my sons show up they all empty their pockets on the dining table, wallets like bricks, keychains that weigh 2 pounds, but the cell phones stay with them.

What it did was force me to be more judicious. No prolific stuffing with Chinese fortunes, discount cards, miscellaneous scraps of paper, etc.. It looks a great deal like a cell phone case and is oft mistaken for one. I carried a leather wallet for 45 plus years and wasn't convinced at first the Flipside was going to do the trick. Going strong for five years.

Top Bottom