What's new

Wallet and Money Clip Question

I've also heard that keeping a fat wallet in your back pocket can lead to back/spine problems. I'm not joking, my friend's chiropractor recommended he not put his wallet in the back pocket.

The problem isn't having a fat wallet in your back pocket, the problem is sitting on your fat wallet while it's in your back pocket. Unless you're wearing jeans these are two unrelated things.

The problem isn't having a fat wallet in your back pocket, the problem is sitting on your fat wallet while it's in your back pocket. Unless you're wearing jeans these are two unrelated things.

Yeah that's what I meant. I figured it was obvious that sitting on a wallet would cause this problem.

Between keys, cell, phone and wallet I hate the weight. If I go out to a club or bar I ditch the wallet, cash, id and one cc in a spring loaded money clip. Much less bulk. Rest of the time wallet.

Yeah that's what I meant. I figured it was obvious that sitting on a wallet would cause this problem.

:closedeye Sorry, I guess I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder as I am tired of being told "Oh that's really bad for your back!" even though I don't sit my wallet. (Just push it to the side, jeez, it's not hard...)

I carry an All-et and a money clip in each front pocket. I keep a couple of 20s in the all-et and a card in the money clip
It spreads the bulk, and the risk; if my pocket gets 'dipped' they get one but not the other so I'm not completely stuck.

I agree with you on the front carry. The mini-viper holds 4 cards and 15 folded bills. That is perfect for me and I can probably squeeze my work building badge in there which I carry in my front pocket anyway. The mini-viper in neutral titanium won't be back in stock until 3/29 :( There's always the black diamond finish for $10 more, but I prefer the neutral.

For a variety of reasons, the front carry just makes so much sense. The Mini-Viper looks like one tough cookie!!

I almost hate to admit it because it has been such fodder for humor on the internet, but I carry a Broccoli Wad and it serves me very well. Been using it for about a year and it hasn't stretched or shown any signs of wear. I got a 4 pack for $3.99 shipped from some site running a deal.

If you're bored, you can see the worst TV commercial ever made below. DISCLAIMER: What you watch cannot be unwatched:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I pulled the trigger on the mini-viper in neutral titanium. It was back-ordered, so I placed a preorder just over a week ago and it shipped yesterday. I should have it on Monday. Hopefully it's for me and I can get away without carrying the slim card cases.

1. Can you put a money clip in one pocket and your wallet in the other?

That's what I do.

Wallet goes in the rear left pocket, contains only cards and $20's
Allen Edmonds magnetic money clip in the right pocket, once a 20 is broken, it's in there.

How often do you need cash these days? I've taken business trips where I've forgotten to bring extra cash but end up at home with the same amount I started with. Credit cards are accepted everywhere. Taxis have card machines as do all restaurants and bars. About the only time I use dollar bills is for hotel and airport shuttles.

How often do you need cash these days? I've taken business trips where I've forgotten to bring extra cash but end up at home with the same amount I started with. Credit cards are accepted everywhere. Taxis have card machines as do all restaurants and bars. About the only time I use dollar bills is for hotel and airport shuttles.

There are many places I would not trust with my CC or debit card.

Top Bottom