What's new

Wallet and Money Clip Question

Howdy!

I have a small Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I carry six cards in, my Drivers License, CHL, Insurance, and credit card, Sam's Club card and my Masonic dues card. The wallet is so small I can only carry about 10 business cards in my wallet. Plus I have to fold up my cash really small to get it to fit in my wallet.

I also have an Allen Edmonds Leather money clip. Both the wallet and clip are made in the USA.

My question is:

1. Can you put a money clip in one pocket and your wallet in the other?

2. Who makes a good combination wallet/money clip that is thin, and has a smooth strong magnetic money clip that is made in the USA?

3. What is a good way to carry a wallet/money and business cards?

I want to reduce carrying a lot. I usually have my wallet, cell phone and keys all in my right pocket. Thank you for your help!

Best,
Jerry

I have the saddleback front pocket wallet and like it, but money is hard to get in and out. I recently got a superior titanium money clip and keep it in the same pocket. It is expensive, but worth it. Highly recommend it

Have a Docker bi-fold (?) which goes in a front pocket, and holds credit cards and id. Have an old bronze money clip from Thailand to hold currency; goes in same pocket. Works well.

Take a look a the money clamp. I believe the website is moneyclamp.com. It comes with a leather wallet. The best money clip I've ever owned.

I use a slim wallet from coach and a leather money clip. I carry them in both front pockets. One of the main reasons is sometimes I dont want the person in line behind me see I have a few hundreds in cash in my pocket (You just never know what might tempt someone to do something stupid.).

I use a brass money clip (about 20 years old now, at least) for folding cash and a leather 'secretary' type wallet that keep in the breast pocket of my jacket that holds all my IDs, cards, etc. That said, I don't care for anything much in my trousers pockets other than a clean handkerchief (rear pocket) and my money clip (front pocket) so I'd answer your questions thus:

1) Of course, you may do what ever you wish!
2) I can't suggest anything here as I strongly dislike magnetic money clips - I only use all-metal clips...
3) A secretary wallet, which goes in your jacket pocket. They are tall enough to hold a number of card-type items, business cards (yours as well as others you gather in your business dealings), receipts, etc. and since you do not sit on them you do not get 'George Costanza' wallet syndrome, which is unpleasant to say the least.

- Randy

@randy

Where can I get an all metal clip? And what do you recommend and why? I agree with you my AE clip slides when I put stuff in it. Is there a metal clip I can put in my front right pocket with my iphone 5 and car keys and wallet? My iphone 5 has a speck case and a zagg screen protector on it.

What is a secretary wallet? What does it look like? And why should I get one?

I would appreciate your help.

Jerry

I've used a money clip for years now. My main reason is to minimize bulk and to be able to hold my cash/cards in my front pants pocket comfortably. I could never do that with a wallet.

I've also heard that keeping a fat wallet in your back pocket can lead to back/spine problems. I'm not joking, my friend's chiropractor recommended he not put his wallet in the back pocket.

@antares600

What kind money clip do you suggest? I am looking for one that holds my IDs credit card etc.

@antares600

What kind money clip do you suggest? I am looking for one that holds my IDs credit card etc.

This is very similar to what I have. It flips open on a hinge for ease of use. Sorry, I don't know the brand.

proxy.php

@randy

Where can I get an all metal clip? And what do you recommend and why? I agree with you my AE clip slides when I put stuff in it. Is there a metal clip I can put in my front right pocket with my iphone 5 and car keys and wallet? My iphone 5 has a speck case and a zagg screen protector on it.

What is a secretary wallet? What does it look like? And why should I get one?

I would appreciate your help.

Jerry

I used to see them from time to time in various jewelry and watch shops, typically sold next to, or at least near, the Zippo lighters, so you might try looking at the Mall watch battery shop, or your local tobacconist since they often sell men's accessories. Or, if you don't mind shopping online, it appears that Amazon have a small selection in various finishes. Beware of plated clips though, as they will wear though the plating over time and show the base metal - solid are best for avoiding that. You can, if you browse enough, find a nice metal clip with a leather wrapping, which would reduce scuffs on your phone case, but the edges will wear over time and may get frayed with a lot of use.

A secretary wallet looks like this (see below) - taller than a 'standard' wallet by roughly half, but about the same width. You can get them with various numbers of slots (mine has slots only down one side, with the opposite side having a couple of long 'pockets' the length of the wallet, which are great for keeping receipts organized (personal in one, business related in another, etc.) I chose this form of wallet because trouser pocket wallets ruin nice fabrics fairly quickly, especially if you sit on them often, and, to be honest, who wants the lines of their bum to be marred by unsightly bulges ;) Plus, I can attest that your back will begin to give you fits if you sit on a large wallet - it really puts a lot of pressure in a small area and over the years you'll certainly feel it.

$512z9z5RElL._SX385_.jpg

- Randy

Very nice! I really like the mini-Viper. I currently use a Tumi leather slim card case that carries 3 cards (1 debit and 2 credit) and DL. I lay some cash with it and stick in my back pocket. It's a cool set-up that I've been using for a long time but looking for something different like a money clip to carry cash in my front pocket.

Keep carrying your ID wallet for your cards, and in the other pocket, consider carrying one of these. nicey nicey!

http://superiortitanium.com/black-titanium-moneyclip.html

Howdy!

I have a small Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I carry six cards in, my Drivers License, CHL, Insurance, and credit card, Sam's Club card and my Masonic dues card. The wallet is so small I can only carry about 10 business cards in my wallet. Plus I have to fold up my cash really small to get it to fit in my wallet.

I also have an Allen Edmonds Leather money clip. Both the wallet and clip are made in the USA.

My question is:

1. Can you put a money clip in one pocket and your wallet in the other?

2. Who makes a good combination wallet/money clip that is thin, and has a smooth strong magnetic money clip that is made in the USA?

3. What is a good way to carry a wallet/money and business cards?

I want to reduce carrying a lot. I usually have my wallet, cell phone and keys all in my right pocket. Thank you for your help!

Best,
Jerry

I use a card type wallet and a separate money clip. My card type wallet has my driver's license, various credit cards, etc., and I keep it in my right pocket. I keep my money clip in my left. I carry a third business card carrier whenever I know I'll need it, and also keep a few in my wallet for emergency marketing purposes.

I've seen money clip/wallet combos before, but they seem to be a bit cumbersome. The two pocket system seems to have worked for me.

Very nice! I really like the mini-Viper. I currently use a Tumi leather slim card case that carries 3 cards (1 debit and 2 credit) and DL. I lay some cash with it and stick in my back pocket. It's a cool set-up that I've been using for a long time but looking for something different like a money clip to carry cash in my front pocket.

For a variety of reasons, the front carry just makes so much sense. The Mini-Viper looks like one tough cookie!!

Top Bottom