What's new

Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic

Yep I've ordered mine and in the mail last week waiting for the brush arrived from UK to Australia, trouble is I hate waiting for my package to arrived and would be nice to have a postal teleport mail service.

Edit:- Also forgot the brush nearly cost me $128 AUD :blushing: in total including postage.

Last edited:
I hope they actually glue the fibers into the handle on this one. Somehow they skipped that step on the badger model.

I hope it's better than the Classic 1 Synthetic. I was very disappointed with the small synthetic from Simpson.

I have the Classic 1 Synth and 2 of the Chubby 2 Synths.
The Classic was pretty decent, especially when I compared it to the only other synthetic I had tried, the Kent Infinity. I liked it well enough that I got my first Chubby 2 Synth for Christmas, which I like so much that I ordered another one.
So, I'm wondering if there's any reason to get the Duke in synth now.

I bought the Chubby 2 synthetic when they first came out. Great brush. Just started using the Duke 3 and it is just as good but just that bit smaller which suits me most of the time. I also have a Classic 1 synthetic for travel.

Well, I broke down and ordered one for myself for Christmas last weekend.
Then, as luck would have it, I see today in my Facebook feed from Simpson that they are now offering the Duke 3 Synth in BUTTERSCOTCH! Damn it!

Ah, well. Once I get the regular Duke, if I like it really well, it will give me an excuse to buy the butterscotch version as a back up. Yeah. That's my story. :001_cool:

I just ordered a butterscotch synthetic Chubby 2 directly from Simpson (owned one previously, and always regretted selling it), but I haven't tried a Duke 3 yet in synthetic or otherwise.

I love the performance of their synthetic bristle, but it doesn't splay quite as easily as I'd prefer. They're chock-full of backbone, that's for sure, maybe a little too much for some. But nevertheless they're really great brushes.

Last edited:
I have the chubby 2 synthetic, cream. It took me about a week to slightly adjust my technique due to the backbone. Now that I have it nailed I love it. It is my daily driver.

I have the Chubby 2 in Best, Duke 3 in Best, Chubby 3 in Best, and Chubby 2 synth- I doubt I'll be picking up the Duke 3 in Synth (although it would make for the perfect travel brush!)

marty

it would make for the perfect travel brush!
They dry VERY quickly compared to their badger brethren, so they're actually pretty ideal for travel. I've got some trips planned for January and I'm pretty excited to take my synthetic instead of my badger Chubby 1.

I am interested to see how the Simpson synthetic compares to the Muhle synthetic V2 Silvertip brush! If anyone has both; PLEASE post a comparison on these brushes!

I am interested to see how the Simpson synthetic compares to the Muhle synthetic V2 Silvertip brush! If anyone has both; PLEASE post a comparison on these brushes!

I have the Chubby 2 Synth and a Muhle STF. Both have really soft tips. I give a slight nod to Simpson.

If you like easy splay, then Muhle all the way. The Simpson has tons of backbone and takes some effort to use. Mine is lifted at 54 mm.

Both are really nice but if you want more backbone stick with the Simpson.

I have the Chubby 2 Synth and a Muhle STF. Both have really soft tips. I give a slight nod to Simpson.

If you like easy splay, then Muhle all the way. The Simpson has tons of backbone and takes some effort to use. Mine is lifted at 54 mm.

Both are really nice but if you want more backbone stick with the Simpson.

Interesting. My Muhle has a bit of a scritch at times. Now I am more curious to try the Simpsons. Hopefully I find one in Jade.. what a looker.

interesting. My muhle has a bit of a scritch at times. Now i am more curious to try the simpsons. Hopefully i find one in jade.. What a looker.

BTW - just used the chubby 2 this morning. Tons of backbones. Silky soft tips. No scritch/scrub whatsoever. Just an awesome time lathering. I assume the Duke 3 would have less backbone and splay a bit easier. If it does have the same tips, man you are in for a treat.

Top Bottom