What's new

Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic

If you like easy splay, then Muhle all the way. The Simpson has tons of backbone and takes some effort to use. Mine is lifted at 54 mm.

Both are really nice but if you want more backbone stick with the Simpson.

+1 The Simpson is far better than the Muhle in my books (in fact I have already offered mine on BST). Only thing is that the Chubby 2 synth knot does NOT feel anywhere near the Chubby 2 badger. It feels more like a deep seated 23-24mm knot.

Thats why I'm eager to try out the Duke 3 in synth (should be more balanced and should make for an ideal travel brush) but at the moment I have too many brushes to think of getting another one...

Excellent brush. I liked it well enough that I ordered one in butterscotch. The original ivory version now resides in my Dopp kit for travel and the butterscotch is in rotation with the two Synth Chubbies. In truth, I can't tell much, if any, difference in performance between the Duke and the Chubbies. I have virtually given up using anything else.

I have four Simpsons synthetics, 2 Chubby 2s and 2 Duke 3s in ivory and butterscotch and love them. I rarely use anything else.

Top Bottom