What's new

Shaving Pottery Reference Thread (Scuttles, Bowls & Mugs) ADD YOUR PIC!!!

Here is my DB 1.5 in Blue (discontinued glaze).

proxy.php

I am very happy with this scuttle that I received from Bill at Panogana Pottery in Tasmania, Australia.

Stu

Attachments

• $scuttle.jpg
    $scuttle.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 1,655
The bowl was made by Gauley River Pottery in West "By God" Virginia (www.wvpottery.com) in their Gauley Green glaze. 5" x 1 3/4"...no clanking the brush on the sides.

The Brush is from Whipped Dog, unsure of the name of the glaze but I believe the potter is the Firehouse Potter.
$Shaving stuff.jpg
$Brush.jpg
$Lather Bowl.jpg

Is that bowl deep enough?

If I was to have them make another I would probably make it about 2 1/4 " deep...this was to my specs though and they did a great job. Their glazing is amazing (our daily place settings are in this glaze) and they are super nice people.

As a face latherer convert, would love to see your pictures of smaller brush scuttles.

+1 on brush scuttle options!

A B&B member located a small water heated server that makes a KILLER brush scuttle and it is only $7.99. Best thing is.... it is at a national retail chain so there "should" be one near you.

Here is the thread of you want to take a look:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/266466-Oh-look-this-could-be-a-brush-scuttle

Last edited:
There's really no way to describe how quick and easy the combination of a Shavemac XXL with Martin de Candre and the Dirty Bird scuttle will deliver a luxuriously warm glorious lather...it makes you want to shave three-times a day.

:shaving::shaving::shaving:

$IMG_1244.jpg$IMG_1246.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Robert Becker is a awesome Potter with great customer service!!! Below is my Robert Becker Medium ‘Cactus Sand’ Shaving Scuttle & Review". :lol1:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171254

NOTE: I replaced the rubber stooper with a wine cork (perfect & tight fit), because at times...the rubber stopper would 'pop' inside the Scuttle (no problem fishing it out), due to the pressure/steam from the hot water. Of course I wouldn't have this occasional problem if I would'nt use near boiling water to start with anyway, but I have'nt had any problems with the wine cork....plus it looks 'cooler' :thumbsup:

paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
"Your life is [like] a piece of clay, don't let anyone else mold it for you". Author Unknown

What a great idea for a thread! I've learned a few good things already... (sorry for the chatter :)

Thanks Lud! No problem with the chatter. Just want as many pictures as possible.

I still have not seen any black, or opal glazed DBs... (currently available options)
I haven't seen a Straight Razor Designs scuttle yet...
No Georgetown brush scuttles...

Let's see your gear!!!

Top Bottom