What's new

Shaving Pottery Reference Thread (Scuttles, Bowls & Mugs) ADD YOUR PIC!!!

My G-20 and Moss Scuttle (small)

$20130320_084506.jpg

$20130320_084532.jpg

I have posted this in another thread, but thought it pertained. I found this bowl at a local coffee shop for $10. I have since contacted they maker, and passed his info out on "The Score". I originally purchased it for use holding a soap, but have decided that I like it as a lathering bowl.

View attachment 319935

Please forgive the sideways nature of the picture...

$_1 fudge marble 1 SCUTTLE.jpg $_1 fudge marble 2 SCUTTLE.jpg$Desert tortoise  shaving bowl 1.jpg$Desert tortoise  shavingbowl 2.jpg
Both the scuttle and the lathering bowl are from Robert Becker. I changed my mind and decided to get a lid for the scuttle. Dimentions for the scuttle are: Total width, handle to spout 9 1/2 in., Height 4 1/8 in., Holds 28 oz. water(3 1/2 cups),

Total width (handle to spout) 9 1/2 in., Lather Bowl Width 6 in., Inside Dia. of lather bowl 5 1/4 in., Dept of Lather Bowl 2 3/4 in.

Dimentions for the Lather Bowl are Total width 9 1/4 in., Heigth 3in. , Inside Dia. 5 5/16in. The man does some fine work!

Last edited:
full

My new Robert Becker scuttle #001 in Royal Turquoise; I got it right at the start of April. I know that Mr. Becker has had to limit his orders recently because of too much demand, but I am thrilled with this scuttle. I swear that the "royal turquoise" color was on his image gallery when I ordered it (in March), but I can't seem to find it there anymore. If you are interested in this color and Mr. Becker is still taking orders for the month, perhaps e-mail him and ask him if it is still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom