What's new

SEVENTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge - 2016 Edition

I'm in and I'll open a 2017 thread if no one else claims it. I'll give a Derby or Feather a shot this year. I've never made a feather last more than 4 shaves, so I reckon that would make a good challenge.

Go for it. I tried to ping [MENTION=22264]goby[/MENTION] since he did last year's but haven't seen anything from him. He hasn't posted in a while so might be busy with other things.

This was fun last year. Unfortunately, I won't be partaking since I primarily use straights to shave now. Technically, I could use one straight for a month but that isn't the original purpose of the thread. :)

Good luck guys! I have also seen some Personna 74 on the bay. A bit pricey but a fun blade to use for the challenge.

I'm in, been upping my game recently, about to hit #16 on a GSB which would almost take me through February as I'm expecting 20 or fewer shaves in the month. I won't be too daring, and will use a fresh GSB no matter what number I have on this blade, or the next one, when the calendar page turns.

I'll post something tomorrow or the next day, and I'll be giving away a couple P74 Blades.

I will be participating this year. Haven't decided on the razor yet, but leaning slightly towards the Slim. Whether I use it or the Flare Tip, I will be using a GSB.

I will be watching from the sidelines this year. I've done the challenge the last couple years and I go about 15-20 days and then had enough. Have fun fellas!

I am going to renege on my original decision (so much for resolutions!). I have been going with a "Fixed Four" (Sorry 1 Cal!) Shave of the Month theme in 2017 in which I use one razor, one blade brand, one brush, and one soap for the entire month. So, for February I will go with a Fatboy February and SI as my blade(s). My brush and soap TBD before February 1.

I have been on a blade per week run for over a year so we shall how far I can get with the Polsilver SI.

I am going to renege on my original decision (so much for resolutions!). I have been going with a "Fixed Four" (Sorry 1 Cal!) Shave of the Month theme in 2017 in which I use one razor, one blade brand, one brush, and one soap for the entire month. So, for February I will go with a Fatboy February and SI as my blade(s). My brush and soap TBD before February 1.

I have been on a blade per week run for over a year so we shall how far I can get with the Polsilver SI.

Do you flip the blade after a couple of shaves? When I started flipping the blade after every 2 shaves for face shaved, blades lasted twice as long for me.

Do you flip the blade after a couple of shaves? When I started flipping the blade after every 2 shaves for face shaved, blades lasted twice as long for me.

I have played with that theory a few times in the last 5 years and I really can't see any difference. I still do it once in awhile but IMO the results are negligible.

Top Bottom