Derby

Soap/Cream:
Williams
Mikes Natural Coconut
Palmolive
Ingram
QCS Rose Otto

I also have a guess as to what I'll be using:p

Tech Derby Palmolive (a cheap shave without any concessions)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. Good luck.

Man, I'm glad you were first! I figured it'd be the tech, with williams & a derby :p

I may have to give JDTTO's list a try next though. It'll be a while with that SI loaded though, since I don't change blades unless it's dull ( I don't really have room to keep partially used blades )

I don't know how you could have a Tosuke and not use it. So, your razor will be the Tosuke. Enjoy the shave!

Done! Another great shave with my Kami!!
by the way my other pieces of the puzzle were
preshave....h20 marine shave cream (h2o is a body lotion company that my wife uses. She saw their marine shave cream and picked it up for me as a present. It doesn't lather AT ALL, so I use it as a preshave and as that it works well!)
shave cream....Santa Maria Novella
alum
thayers medicated witch hazel
Proraso A/S splash (smells exactly like Pinaud lime sec to me) (which is a good thing)

I'll play. My choices prevent a blades category so I'll just skip that part.

Razors:

1. Gem OCMM w/ Gem blade
  2. Rolls Razor
  3. Straight razor

Soaps / Creams:
  1. Arko
  2. C.O. Bigelow
  3. KMF Mint

Aftershave:
  1. Aqua Velva
  2. Burt's Bees bay rum
  3. Skin Bracer (green)

I'll play. My choices prevent a blades category so I'll just skip that part.

Razors:

1. Straight razor

Soaps / Creams:
  1. C.O. Bigelow

Aftershave:
  1. Burt's Bees bay rum

That should be interesting. Have fun!

Help me pick my soap/cream for next week: CRS French Vetyver, GFT Coconut, Essence of Scottland Mountain Yew, Calani Earl Grey or Tabula Rasa Frankincense.

I try to use a cream/soap for a full week to get to know it better and learn to appreciate it.

Todays "shave", or rather three pass beard tugging, was horrendous. I genuinely believe that Derby blades don't cut hairs. They ask the hair nicely to cooperate and come out, and if it doesn't, pulls at it like a three year old pulling his parents around the toy store to show them all the toys he wants. I hate Derby blades. I swear you could extract essential oil of evil from them. Thanks for the La Toja though, I needed that both mentally and physically.

The Derby went into the blade bank even before I had applied my aftershave.

It almost hurts to admit that bad news is good news. I'm going out tonight, and now I have an excuse to shave again later today. I will allow myself all the shaving luxuries I own.

+1!!!!!!

Thanks! They're all new and just couldn't decide which one to use first. Maybe I'm cheating, there was no real bullet involved, just a bunch of indecisiveness...

Checking in with the results.

My prescribed choices were a straight razor, C.O. Bigelow, and Burt's Bees bay rum. I should probably name this shave "Dr. Strangerum or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Balm" :thumbup:

Let me preface by stating that I'm still a relative newbie to straights. In fact, I carry the battle scar of an early attempt to this day. Anyway, the shave went well overall. A couple weepers but no cuts. In fact, I daresay I got a damn good shave! As part of my straight training, I've taken to finishing off with what I call the Futur test. If I can shave another pass after using the straight and not get any of the famed audible feedback from the Futur, I did a good job. Well, I passed the Futur test with flying colors and got an awesome BBS to boot. Then came the dreaded Burt's Bees bay rum. I've had some of this in my stash before and didn't care for it at all. Anyway, I must have had a bad batch before or something. I got some in an earlier PIF and Wow! Thanks for picking this for me. Not only did it feel great, but it passed the wife & daughter test. Her reaction to it was priceless!

Your fate is...

...the NEW OC!

Enjoy the shave.

I used KMF Lavender with the NEW, followed by some Clubman. I did get one NASTY weeper above my upper lip that had to be penciled. When I spashed on the Clubman, I thought it would burn me up, but actually, I didn't feel a thing. Obviously, it was a pretty nice shave, with only 1 weeper due to carelessness.

I just finished my shave with the EJ89, SI blade & QCS Rose. Awesome, almost BBS shave! The QCS rose was actually my soap/cream bullet because I've only worked with it a couple times and hadn't figured out how to get a good lather. The EJ89 was my bullet for the razors because I've been switching between my tech & SS and having better results with them than I did with the EJ89.

I got a great lather with the QCS and no razor burn with the EJ89 with an SI. I think I got off easy on this one, so I'll do the 'no frills' one as soon as I swap out blades from my EJ89... that'll be a while with an SI in there.

I'll give this a go.
Blade: Red Personna, Shark SC, Astra SP
Cream: L'Occitane Cade, Nancy Boy Blossomwood, C&E Nomad
ASB: Blenheim Bouquet, eShave Almond, Nancy Boy Replenishing
1 bullet in each category.

Here's my next turn:

Razor:
  1. BRW custom handle w/ NEW head
  2. Futur - set wide open
  3. Gillette Fatboy - set wide open

Blades:
  1. Feather
  2. Personna red
  3. Shark

Cream:
  1. Arko
  2. AoS Sandalwood
  3. TOBS Sandalwood

Thanks Shane,
Only 1 bullet hit - I dislike the smell of Cade. At least I can disguise it with my favourite BB :thumbup:

The other bullets were the Shark SC and the NB Replenishing (it's not a balm, it's glue)

Astra SP
L'Occitane Cade
Blenheim Bouquet!

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom