What's new

Rotation roulette - a game of danger

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I think the Big Bug will give everyone something to chuckle about. It's pretty sketchy--I'm going to have to go slow on this one and that FW is going to :bayrum2:.

TOBS sandalwood is your fate!

Shaved with the TOBS this morning... it's been one of my best performing soaps, but just haven't been able to get used to its strong fragrance. High quality shave again this morning, and less stinging on passes 2 and 3 than I have experienced in the past. Also, the peppermint WH and Nivea Cool Kick ASB effectively toned down the sandalwood scent significantly. Success!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Weak from blood loss, I finally dragged my poor face over to a computer to report bag. True to form, the Big Bug was an adventure. Its a 3-piece Chinese razor that doesn't align well so there's a lot of guesswork trying to get a DE blade to align in the head evenly on both sides. Lots of nicks! The Moos did a decent job of protecting my face, though, and I suspect I would have had a lot more razor burn from a lesser cream. Good thing I was able to enjoy a nice hot splash of Florida Water after my shave. Yowza!

Just stumbled upon this thread and I would like to play today if that is ok. Here is my ammo.

Martin de Candre
RazoRock XXX
AOS Sandalwood soap
Tabac
MWF

None of these are by any means risky, but I figure I will take it easy on myself first time up.

Weak from blood loss, I finally dragged my poor face over to a computer to report bag. True to form, the Big Bug was an adventure. Its a 3-piece Chinese razor that doesn't align well so there's a lot of guesswork trying to get a DE blade to align in the head evenly on both sides. Lots of nicks! The Moos did a decent job of protecting my face, though, and I suspect I would have had a lot more razor burn from a lesser cream. Good thing I was able to enjoy a nice hot splash of Florida Water after my shave. Yowza!

Bahahaha!!! I'm glad you survived.

Just stumbled upon this thread and I would like to play today if that is ok. Here is my ammo.

Martin de Candre
RazoRock XXX
AOS Sandalwood soap
Tabac
MWF

None of these are by any means risky, but I figure I will take it easy on myself first time up.

Enjoy the RazoRock XXX!

Shaved with the TOBS this morning... it's been one of my best performing soaps, but just haven't been able to get used to its strong fragrance. High quality shave again this morning, and less stinging on passes 2 and 3 than I have experienced in the past. Also, the peppermint WH and Nivea Cool Kick ASB effectively toned down the sandalwood scent significantly. Success!

Don't you love it when something questionable turns into something OK? Awesome.

You should be able to choose a cream and a soap make them uberlather it. I think that would be much more entertaining :)

I'll bite on this I only have 1 preshave so
Razor: Canadian Old ball end, Single Ring, EJ89, Slim Adjust
Blade: Gillette Yellow, P74 (9th shave), Personna Med, Voshkod, Treet classic, Perma Sharp Super, Astra SP (just took a handfill of samples besides Personna 74)
Creams: EJ Sandalwood/Sea buckhorn/Aloe Vera, La toja Cream, Nancy Boy replenishing cream, GFT lime or Coconut, AOS Lavender
Soap: Cella/MB/Akro mix, C&S No.88, RR XXX, Fresco, Classic, QED Tea tree, patchouli, Peppermint
AS: SCS New spice, AV Ice blue, CK Crave "Cooling Balm"

So you can superlather by choosing one of each :)
There are soaps/creams/blades/razors in there I don't use and don't like as well

So lets see what kinda crazy thing you guys come up with

Razor: Single Ring
Blade: Treet classic
Creams: GFT Coconut
Soap: QED patchouli
AS: SCS New spice

So you can superlather by choosing one of each :)
There are soaps/creams/blades/razors in there I don't use and don't like as well

So lets see what kinda crazy thing you guys come up with

This oughta be fun.

I'll make sure to document it for you Gash, I knew it was gonna be coconut with either C&S No88 or QED Tea tree/patchouli/peppermint
We'll see how these smell combine

Probably the strangest smell right now, almost like a Patchouli Pina Colada
Here are pictures
It made a wonderful lather, Treet sing way more then I enjoy in a blade and there sharp but definitely not smooth but no cuts which is always a good sign. The RR Alum didn't sting much either did the SCS new spice aftershave

But behold my Rotation Roulette Mixaton

This thread was suggested to me in my own thread. I'm a first timer here so I'll put my razors up for now and I'll pick my cream/soap and A/S. So here it goes......

DE's​

Gillette Slim
Gillette tv super speed
Gillette blue tip
Gillette Fat Boy
Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Merkur open comb 12C
Merkur Futur
Merkur Progress
Joris Palladium

Straights

Whipped dog 6/8 extra hollow
Dovo 6/8 Pearlex
Philly 4/8 (NOT SHAVE READY, I NEED TO SEND IT OUT FOR HONING)
Tosuke Kamisori

I don't know how you could have a Tosuke and not use it. So, your razor will be the Tosuke. Enjoy the shave!

I'm game. I'll be doing my shave tomorrow night (night shaver), and I'll let my razors be the bullets. None of these are really "bad" razors, but some could be...interesting for only having shaved the day before.

40's Super Speed

Slim set on 8

GEM Flying Wing/Bullet Tip

Slim set on 6

NEW OC

Will use a Treet Carbon Steel for the GEM or a Red IP for the DEs.

Top Bottom