What's new

Rocnel Single Side Razor in stock

Dear Friends,

Finally, Rocnel is in stock to order directly.

I saw it by chance, while ordering a thater brush from the reseller. Just to let you know.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I made a user review before but it was erased by admin because the product was a pre order.

It has a shave feel so similar feeling to a 34c. At least for me it felt like that. But even just for the handles the price is good.
The ones willing to order, hope you enjoy friends.

"Half DE blade".. Dang it.
I was about to order before i saw that. What's wrong with the good o'le GEM SE blades..?

"Half DE blade".. Dang it.
I was about to order before i saw that. What's wrong with the good o'le GEM SE blades..?
What's wrong with the good old DE blades? :)
It has a clever feature holding the blade by bending it in a slot of a one piece head.

I find the shave even milder than with a 34C. More like with an EJ DE89. It provides very clean, irritation free and long lasting shaves.
The only drawback are too exposed blade corners, that can bite you. It catched my nostril already twice in the last three shaves.

It has a clever feature holding the blade by bending it in a slot of a one piece head.

I find the shave even milder than with a 34C. More like with an EJ DE89. It provides very clean, irritation free and long lasting shaves.
The only drawback are too exposed blade corners, that can bite you. It catched my nostril already twice in the last three shaves.
You can trim them down as seen in this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the point?

What advantage does it have over a "normal" DE???

I can bust a blade in half and use it in a Gillette too..........why???

I just ordered one for $32. The build quality of handle alone is worth what I paid. I like razor designs with zero blade chatter. Everything is machined within 0.01 mm tolerances.

I suppose the head is one piece to minimize labor and machining associated with creating blade posts and thread etc. Blade loading is much faster(and safer) than loading blade in a Shavette. Most people who have used it are reporting very close shaves. What's not to like?

Last edited:

If i want to use a DE blade, i'll whip out one of my DE's, but maybe that's just me. :001_smile

If i want to use a DE blade, i'll whip out one of my DE's, but maybe that's just me. :001_smile

I used to feel that way, until I tried a Shake Sharp razor. This is a single edge razor that uses DE blades, presenting one edge at a time, and it is one smooth shaver. The shave is better than any DE razor and as good or better than the majority of single edge razors in my collection. It has caused me to re-think my views on the superiority of the single edge blade.

So I've ordered a Rocnel, and we shall see. If nothing else, getting a (hopefully) high quality stainless steel razor for under $40 delivered is pretty amazing in itself.

--Bob

You can trim them down as seen in this video:
I think, we are talking about different things. It's the corners of the edge, that are catching my nostrils and not the overhanging part of the blades that gets snapped off. The safety bar is too narrow to cover the entire blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I called owner of the extrashaving Mustafa, between the conversation he give me another news. New rocnel handles and the stand base are in stock. Wanted to share to you guys.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ps: Handles, base stand and stainless screws are listed seperately. If you want to use the Handles with SE Gem razors, I highly recommend you to buy the screws seperatly. Stainless set screws are hard to find, at least I had hard time finding them few years ago.

The razor itself is sold out within 2 days and the new batch will be ready on the end of may he says

Last edited:
I will pass on this one. I am another one that can't see the logic of breaking a DE blade in half for a safety razor. Such a shame since the head look big enough to fit a Gem blade, which is what a lot of folks that frequent this section is really wanting.

Top Bottom