What's new

Best Razor/Blade combinations

I am a daily face and head shaver.
I only shave with vintage Ever Ready single edge razors.

The only two razor types I own are:
1912 ER Razor (Regular & Squat Head)
1924 ER Shovel Head Razor

The only razor blade I use is the:
GEM PTFE SS Coated Single Edge blade.

To me these are the combinations that provide the smoothest, most efficient, most comfortable, closest and safest shaves.

Souplex and Personna Lab worked a charm yesterday.
IMG_6783.png

Rockwell 6S with a Bolzano - very good to outstanding. Got 5 three pass shaves, first two a little rough but the blade settled in nicely for the next three. On the last two I "rode the guard" (carefully) and the blade really performed.

wilkinson sword blades (black white pack) are great, for the longest time I only had a gillette super speed flare tip and these blades made me not want to use any other blades from my sample pack

wilkinson sword blades (black white pack) are great, for the longest time I only had a gillette super speed flare tip and these blades made me not want to use any other blades from my sample pack
I second the vote for WS blades. I use the ones made in India and they are very affordable (about 20$ CDN for 200).

Ive tried Astra SP and Feather and these are great blades but I’ve found them to be a bit too sharp for my liking + added cost. I find that the first shave from the WS is perfect and the second shave on the same blade is about 90% as good. I sometimes like the less than new sharpness if I have to shave when I feel my skin is more “tender” or sensitive. The blades are so cheap that I don’t hesitate to change them every time so I basically always have optimal blade performance at an unbeatable price.

I’ve heard that there are WS blades made in China that have inferior quality to the Indian ones. I have no experience with these but at least be aware if you come across them.

Gillette 7 O’Clock sharp edge blade has been excellent in a variety of vintage Gillette razors I’ve used this month.
Outstanding in the English Red Tip , 59 adjustable and any of the Techs.
The Red Tip/7 OC shave was as good as I’ve ever had.
IMG_7015.jpeg

Top Bottom