What's new

Parker SoloEdge in stock

Lots of praise for the soloedge. My only experience with a half DE blade razor was a Dovo Shavette. I could never quite master the Dovo. I may need to thin a razor in my herd to try out to Parker 😛

Now that I've used the SoloEdge several times, this is what I now think. It is a great razor that delivers a great shave with little effort. My only complaint is that the handle is a little too heavy, in my opinion.
Right now I would have to say I like my Leaf Thorn razor just slightly more. I find the Thorn a bit smoother than the SoloEdge. Maybe I haven't found the right blade for the Parker yet. Either way, it is a great buy for what you get. I would recommend this razor to anyone.

so parker ripped off blackland on the handle design a bit no? Its nice to see razors that don't cost 200$...Parker should have done an artist club version :)

One thing that really I don't care for is the guy that just raves over and over about any product, be it hardware, software, whatever.

So, at the risk of being "that guy", I still feel the need to rave like a crazed fanboy about the Solo Edge.

I got a third head shave out of the same Perma-Sharp saloon blade, and I am still amazed at the shaves I'm getting from this razor...and worse, at the risk of being called a looney tune, I assert that it shaves as well and as smooth as my Vector at one-sixth the cost.

Really, I am astounded. For me, calling this razor a home run is an gross understatement. It is exactly what I was searching for.

One thing that really I don't care for is the guy that just raves over and over about any product, be it hardware, software, whatever.

So, at the risk of being "that guy", I still feel the need to rave like a crazed fanboy about the Solo Edge.

I got a third head shave out of the same Perma-Sharp saloon blade, and I am still amazed at the shaves I'm getting from this razor...and worse, at the risk of being called a looney tune, I assert that it shaves as well and as smooth as my Vector at one-sixth the cost.

Really, I am astounded. For me, calling this razor a home run is a gross understatement. It is exactly what I was searching for.
You have been very open for a long time about finding a suitable 1/2 DE razor. And you spent quite a bit of money as well. Now that you have found it you can rejoice!

And since it has sold out at many places, I don’t think you are alone.

Last edited:
A good razor that's for sure. I hope all these shops that are out, restock soon. As I said before, at the price it sells for, you can't beat it.

Reactions: Kix
Supersafetyrazors has em now. And since they are the site that Parker links to, I bet they will not soon run out.

I don’t think any vendor expected these to take off like they did
Yeah, they sold out everywhere in no time at all. I guess everyone recognized a good deal when they see it.
This razor is a keeper.

I'm tired of waiting.

Will Forte Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

I wonder if it will be in stock in my country before the Apocalypse :bored:

Parker Solo Edge is made in India but here in India it is not available yet. Rumors had it that it would be available by Feb end but so far no sign of it yet. But at least I am happy I won't have to import it and pay ridiculous levels of customs duty.

Pearl (also an Indian razor manufacturer) is coming out with their own SE razor. I will wait for it and compare before deciding to try either of them.
:biggrin:

They sold out for the second time I guess 😲

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The quality of shave that the SoloEdge provides would put many DE's to shame including a few boutique/luxury razors. I believe it to be Parker's best offering in razors minus the Variant of course by a significant margin.

A very good majority of users so far have touted it as one of the best razors available regardless of price. But, knowing that it's under $40US is just the cherry on top. I'm not saying one should get rid of their Timeless, Wolfman or any other high end razor, that would be going over the top. Still, it's a steal of a razor for the results it provides.

Personally, I'd recommend it to anyone from novice to seasoned vet who wants a quality shaver for minimal investment with the added bonus of potentially stretching out blade use over the long haul. :thumbup1:

Back in stock now at Super Safety Razors. Just bought two.

EDIT: now out of stock again. I called as I forgot the free gift and he said it was already picked up by UPS. Then he called back and said UPS was coming back for another shipment and they were able to add the shave oil! Great customer service. He said they found 3 Solo Edges that were in the store that they had for pictures for the website. Also said another big shipment is coming next week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom