What's new

Parker SoloEdge in stock

I did as well. Howie & SSR have always provided great service for me & they're practically in my backyard. Supporting a local business is paramount to me and local economies so, it was an easy one. Plus, it's a single edge and I'm always piqued by their potential effectiveness.

Specs for those that just want to know...

IMG_20240208_074241.jpg

IMG_20240208_074232.jpg

IMG_20240208_074254.jpg

Super Safety Razors
The Parker Two Piece SoloEdge Single Edge safety razor is a precision tool that will serve you well for many years and is the perfect razor for new and experienced wet shavers looking for the blade angle of a cartridge razor with the benefits of a safety razor. It's time to ditch the plastic cartridge razors and give our all metal, plastic free Parker SoloEdge a try! The highly economical blade replacements are simply double edge blades snapped in half or we recommend our pre-cut double edge half blades for ease of loading since there is no blade curvature. These are very economical, plastic free and widely available.
What's more, once the blade is securely loaded in the slots, it will automatically have the perfect exposure so there is no need for any adjustment. The angle is intuitive to shave with, as it is similar to a cartridge razor angle in its design.
SoloEdge Safety Razor Benefits: Excellent weight & balance with a sleek head design for tight spots, built in efficient shaving angle, less skin irritation, economical & widely available blade replacements, eco-friendly, plastic-free razor and replacement blades.
Razor Type: Two-Piece Single Edge Safety Razor

Weight: 94 g (3.3 oz.)
Length: 9.8 cm (3.9 in.)
Blade Type: Half of a Double Edge Blade
Material: Solid Brass Handle with an electroplated satin chrome finish (head is molded from a metallic alloy and chrome plated)
**100 Parker Premium Platinum Pre-cut Half Blades Included* - Depending upon how often you shave, this could be approximately six months to a year's worth of shaves!**

Interesting but Parker never does not share any specs on this (gap/exposure) on this.
I wonder way. True most of the zamaks,they do not. At least an zamak approximate would be nice.
Also not sure way Parker has never added a flag ship cnc razor of any kind.
I don't think they even think about a hobbyist enthusiast market. Just the budget shaver.

Even Pearl offers a few cnc's...

One design I do not like. Is that the SB goes a little to far away from the blade.
Kind of an oxymoron for an SE.
Makes trimming around the pie hole a bit more challenging than it should be.

But yes, Howie is great.
I have the parkers semi s. and a few closed combs...

BFX

Interesting but Parker never does not share any specs on this (gap/exposure) on this.
I wonder way. True most of the zamaks,they do not. At least an zamak approximate would be nice.
Also not sure way Parker has never added a flag ship cnc razor of any kind.
I don't think they even think about a hobbyist enthusiast market. Just the budget shaver.

Even Pearl offers a few cnc's...

One design I do not like. Is that the SB goes a little to far away from the blade.
Kind of an oxymoron for an SE.
Makes trimming around the pie hole a bit more challenging than it should be.

But yes, Howie is great.
I have the parkers semi s. and a few closed combs...

BFX
I used their model 94R for years, it was my favorite. I don't know what the gap was, but it was a bigger gap than most razors that I have seen.

A very nice first shave with the Parker SoloEdge razor. It has some heft that is geared towards the handle but, it did not affect the shave and on how the razor performed. The whiskers were light today from yesterday’s shave with the Mamba 92 yet, just enough to get a pass or two in. Went with a Perma-Sharp that I ordered with the Parker and it was as easy as dropping in a DE blade just only half of one. It’s a two piece so only the head comes off. The base plate has built in notches to align the blade up properly and once the top cap is placed on it and tightened, it’s as rigid feeling as they come. Just two passes was all that was needed to get right back to a BBS finish from the night before. Went ATG for the first pass then the second was an XTG pass that was mostly for picking up any stragglers and a nice buff around the chin and Adam’s Apple area. The SoloEdge performed remarkably well with no deflection from the razor itself. It just went through the stubble with ease and supreme comfort.

Impressive first shave with more to follow….

CA8ED1F4-D8AB-44BA-B34A-EEE4B77F6FA3.jpeg

14094ADF-8F28-414D-9060-0A6A89F3D6E1.jpeg

CBEA25FF-D796-4393-80BC-7C3B4E418D86.jpeg

14EB749F-0C81-433E-8C88-9BC4932BB945.jpeg

158249A5-71E8-432E-B480-539D8353F0E7.jpeg

B85F99AB-D1CD-46DC-9151-E94C2E6119C1.jpeg

70B3E893-2704-432F-9879-1A1872228D77.jpeg

96BF5054-25B0-4EE2-8E81-07B2DD738044.jpeg

Shaved with my SoloEdge today and the Parker half blades. This baby has sone heft, and what an efficient shave! I got a BBS shave in 2 pass with a 2nd “touch up pass. I am a big fan of Parker and this one is a standout! I love buying from Super Safety Razors. They actually have their staff answer the phones (no automated message games) and they respond to emails. Howie runs a first class operation over there.

Another easy, comfortable yet nicely efficient working shave. Done in 2 passes as the Parker had no issues at all this morning. Very nice to wield in the hand despite its weight with decent grip. Balance is not the best but, there’s no denying that this is one nice shaver. Easy to find & keep it at the optimal cutting angle regardless of pass. This little razor I feel is going to take on a few days worth of whiskers with relative ease. We’ll find out soon enough.

Great shaves to all…

9779AD56-C7FA-4E76-857B-9CAF0553BF39.jpeg

Another easy, comfortable yet nicely efficient working shave. Done in 2 passes as the Parker had no issues at all this morning. Very nice to wield in the hand despite its weight with decent grip. Balance is not the best but, there’s no denying that this is one nice shaver. Easy to find & keep it at the optimal cutting angle regardless of pass. This little razor I feel is going to take on a few days worth of whiskers with relative ease. We’ll find out soon enough.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1794566
Very nice picture. All of your pictures look professional. Love them.

Top Bottom