What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

I noticed that too last night, that it leaves my face red. I believe this is from all of the blood being pulled to the surface. I toned afterwards with Davinci water and it went back to normal (actually MUCH better than normal) within 20 minutes and was so soft this morning when I woke up.

So weird I was looking at buying a clay mask today then I ran into this thread.

I am looking at nancyboys masks but I am more intrigued by mixing a clay mask by myself.

I was looking at the berts bees clay mask today at the market.

I didnt buy it just yet but I did sneak a peak and smelled the scent of it today.
smelled great and the clay was very green just like the QED. 100% natural ingredients with Peppermint, rosemary and sage freaking nice eh.

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...d=-42&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

I had tried quite a few different name brand premade masks by Anthony, Zirh, Jack Black, etc. They are OK, but the 'homemade' QED Green Clay is truly on another level. I dont say that like some people talk about this cream puts to shame this other cream....blah, blah. The QED mask is the real deal and is borderline uncomfortable towards the end (in a good way....if that makes any sense). It is one of the wisest choices I've made in A LOT of bad grooming choices! ha

So weird I was looking at buying a clay mask today then I ran into this thread.

I am looking at nancyboys masks but I am more intrigued by mixing a clay mask by myself.

I was looking at the berts bees clay mask today at the market.

I didnt buy it just yet but I did sneak a peak and smelled the scent of it today.
smelled great and the clay was very green just like the QED. 100% natural ingredients with Peppermint, rosemary and sage freaking nice eh.

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...d=-42&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1

I noticed that too last night, that it leaves my face red. I believe this is from all of the blood being pulled to the surface. I toned afterwards with Davinci water and it went back to normal (actually MUCH better than normal) within 20 minutes and was so soft this morning when I woke up.

That is what I was thinking too, but I didn't see why my face felt a little burned:confused:

Just thought I'd post my experience with this clay. I bought it based on Joel's review. I have used it with both hydrosol and plain old tap water several times each. I must say that I prefer the tap water over the hydrosol. When I use my Lavender hydrosol on my skin post shave it is soothing and cool with no signs of irritation. However, when I used the hydrosol to mix the clay I ended up with a very red/burned face every time. When I moved on to the tap water it all but eliminated the severe redness/irritation after masking. Not sure why this is, but based on this alone, not to mention not having to use up my hydrosol, I am totally satisfied with the tap water/clay combo. I am also very satisfied with the overall results from French Green Clay.

is this still sold?

any other recommendations that I can find if its not sold anymore? any other recommendations in general?

Last edited:
Its still available. This is yet another thing I would never imagined myself doing. I read Joel's review, though and thought I'd give it a try. Now I do it every week (yes, I mix mine with DaVinci water). I never get any redness or irritation and it seems to improve my complexion. I was lucky to get through adolescence without much acne, but like most folks I'll get an occasional pimple. Since using the clay, though, I can't recall a single one.

What sort of lotion or mostiurizer do you use after using this clay? I think I'm really going to make this purchase but need to find out what all I need. I have Thayer's SuperHazel. Would that work? Or do I need more of a lotion?

No, you gotta pay for shipping. I've never been disappointed with an order, and the prices are competitive.

I've used green clay for years (a different brand) and mixed it with apple cider vinegar. It's amazing stuff. The smell is definitely not for the faint of heart. It really pulls the gunk out of the pores. Supposedly, cleaning it off with anything but water causes it to harden inside the pores, so I just stand under the shower massage making sure to rub with my fingers until every trace is gone. This stuff will also pull out ingrown hairs, blackheads, whiteheads and even acne. Make sure you don't have any open nicks or cuts and keep it away from your eyes. If you're like me, you'll need a moisturizer right afterwards.

Would anyone be willing to mix me some of the clay and davinci water in say an old creame bottle and sell it to me as a sample?

Top Bottom