What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

I am going to place an order for this stuff in the next few days.

Does using the DaVinci water make a noticeable difference?

What exactly does the mask do? As in, what are the results that you notice after you are done? I'm pretty curious about getting some of this stuff

Clay has a very drawing effect. As it dries on your face it draws the oil and crud out of your skin leaving your face clean and healthy. I look at it as one more way to cleanse without exfoliating (since I get more than enough of that via great shave brushes).

Like most of you, I was quite skeptical about masking. I received my shipment last night and mixed a 1:1 ratio up with some filtered water and WOW! After 25 minutes, I rinsed off to a blood red face...to be expected, although my skin felt fine to the touch. A couple sprays of Davinci Water to tone and clean up, and everything was back to normal after 20 more minutes.

Now, I consider myself to have pretty good skin already, but this stuff is like night and day difference. This morning, I noticed several blemishes gone, my usually-oily nose was cleared up, and generally my skin feels smooth and relaxed. Went with a full Musgo shave with my Slant...WOW. Not only is this clay great for your skin, the skin improvements do wonders for your shaves. The only way I can describe these results is "confidence-inducing."

:thumbup:

just used it tonight in fact. it's become part of my normal sunday, in fact. :)

thinking it might have to become part of my Wednesday as well... hm.

I have used it for 6-8mos and grown to love it....especially given the condition of my skin since starting the treatments. I used DaVinci water for a long time and, while I like the smell, I cannot say that it offers any benefits over mixing the clay with water.

I was talking to my wife last night about her fancy mask that comes in 1 oz. containers. After picking myself up off the floor from her telling me what she pays for it with her professional discount I told her about the mask from QED. I didn't see where any women were using this product. Is there any reason why my wife couldn't use this product as well? I would be a hero if this works for her as well as what she currently uses :thumbup1:

I was talking to my wife last night about her fancy mask that comes in 1 oz. containers. After picking myself up off the floor from her telling me what she pays for it with her professional discount I told her about the mask from QED. I didn't see where any women were using this product. Is there any reason why my wife couldn't use this product as well? I would be a hero if this works for her as well as what she currently uses :thumbup1:

My wife has used it with good results.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I believe tap water is just fine....that is what I use!

I believe so, too - although my two last batches were made up with Rosewater I got from my local Indian grocery store - it is very cheaply priced. In the last batch I also mixed in some Aloe Vera juice....this one is very nice. I also mixed some Rhassoul clay with the green clay, maybe 1:5. I think the Rhassoul has more "pulling" power to clean pores.

My swmbo uses this more than I do. At first I had to point out that ingredient list on the back of the packaged stuff from the store had similar ingredients. They charge $2.50 per use packet. All the ingredients were some water, green clay, preservatives/chemicals, and fragrance. So I suggested to her to add some water herself and save a bundle.

I've been using the QED clay once a week for maybe a month or so? Overall very pleased with the feeling it leaves afterwards, and my skin doesn't feel either oily or dry, just nice and soft. However... I've noticed that I've started breaking out more in the past month than I have in years... the only real change in my lifestyle / routine is the clay.

Has anyone else had any issues with break outs?

If it matters, I use tap water. I leave it on for about 30-45 minutes, then rinse it off in a warm shower.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I've been using the QED clay once a week for maybe a month or so? Overall very pleased with the feeling it leaves afterwards, and my skin doesn't feel either oily or dry, just nice and soft. However... I've noticed that I've started breaking out more in the past month than I have in years... the only real change in my lifestyle / routine is the clay.

Has anyone else had any issues with break outs?

If it matters, I use tap water. I leave it on for about 30-45 minutes, then rinse it off in a warm shower.

No, I have not observed this, more like the opposite. I am having Rosecea on my nose and I was using three different creams and ointments daily my dermatologist had given me. Since I use the clay once a week, I do have hardly any outbreaks anymore and have pretty much stopped using the creams. My doctor is happy how this has developed, the next meeting I have with him I will tell him about the clay mask and ask his opinion about it. Seems to work for me.

What is the clay/water proportion you are using?

I've tried what QED recommends (1T clay/1.25T water/hydrosols) and the mix seems pretty 'dry.' Makes it a bit difficult to apply. (And also to remove, I end up taking a shower.)

Am I not using enough liquid?

Maybe my bad diet is just catching up to me :p I'm fixing that, so hopefully the break out is related to that and will clear up soon.

As for proportions, I use 1 tablespoon clay to 1.5 tablespoons water. After mixing very well, that gives me a pretty nice spreadable consistency.

Hm, locally I could buy Sicilian green clay under the brand Argital. Should be the same stuff more or less?

Answering to myself here, but I ordered a bag of this green clay by Argital. As I said it's made from Sicilian clay, and says it's for face mask, poultices and plasters, hand and foot baths etc. The Rest is in Italian, so I am not really sure what it says. But it seems a similar product. Seein that it was locally available, and not too costly - 1 kg bag was around 11 euros - I will try it out as well. I have somewaht problematic facial skin, so this should be useful. I will let you guys know how it goes. :wink2:

Says on the bag it's 100% natural product and NOT gamma-radiated. I should hope so!:scared:

Last edited:
Top Bottom