What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

How does this mask differ from Enchante green clay mask?

Probably not at all. Green clay is green clay... they dig it out of the ground, put it in baggies and sell it to retailers who put their own name on it and mark it up.

The one big difference I see though is in the amount, not the clay itself - that site wants over $10 for 6oz, and I think QED is a little less than that for a whole pound.

Last edited:
QED is $10/lb

The only drawback though, is you have a minimum order of $15 and the minimum shipping is $7.50 (I don't know if an order with 1lb of clay would qualify for the minimum shipping or not). I did some shopping on the QED website last year when I was wanting to try some green clay, and so I went looking for something for $5 to qualify for the order, but couldn't really find anything I wanted for $5 - I think everything other than bottles costed more than that.... So, long story short, I found that I probably couldn't get Green Clay from QED w/o spending around $25-$30 total at least.

As I wasn't really wanting anything else last year and didn't want to spend that much, I decided to order Green Clay from someone else(as I mentioned above, I sincerely doubt anyone is digging this stuff up in their own back yard, and it's not a formulated product, therefore it's all likely the exact same stuff no matter who you buy it from) who didn't have a minimum order amount.

I then bought some apple cider vinegar to mix it with which has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but I found that the mixture smelled very strong and even made my eyes water a bit. Then I tried mixing it with water and just a little bit of vinegar, and that was better on the eyes but still stank, so I quit using that.

As QED had recommended mixing the clay with a hydrosol toner, after awhile I bought the only one I could find - Noah's Natural's anti-oxidant Toner Mist with Cucumber Extract. I mixed that with the clay once or twice, and liked that much better - it smelled nice and felt good (plus you can spray it on your face as a moisturizing toner after you clean off the mask)- but after that I kind of got out of practice with doing the face mask. Funny story - I have small kids, and the first time they saw me wearing the mask they were scared: they either thought I had turned into a monster, or had an alien fungus on my face or something and wanted me to get it off. :biggrin:

It's now been almost a year since I've actually used my clay, and while I'm tempted to start using it again, I've decided instead to just sell my supply instead.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101476

Last edited:
Yeah I'm like you. Not really interested in the other QED stuff. And they do charge a lot for shipping. I'll probably go with the mask from Enchante with my order of Hydrolast Conditioner. That way I can try it, save on shipping and not try to get rid of a pound of something if I don't like it.

Recently acquired a pound of this. Haven't tried it yet. Probably will this weekend. I know my wife will tear into it regularly.

There is a document available on the QED site that describes their product and what makes it "different". He carries more product lines that most sites, so I've never had any issue with finding enough stuff to justify an order. A quick email to Charles will quickly illustrate the benefits of using his company. The man is very knowledgeable and just a plain, nice guy.

When I received my pound, I thought it was a huge amount. However I've discovered that, using 1T/week, it will likely last between 6mos and a year.

When I received my pound, I thought it was a huge amount. However I've discovered that, using 1T/week, it will likely last between 6mos and a year.

This is good news. My wife and I both used it today and it only took 1T for both of us.

My skin feels great and I'll recommend this to anyone who'll listen. Great product and clearly it is great for the skin!

I believe the directions call for 2.25t/use. That seemed to hard to measure, so I simply rounded it up to 1T. I like to mix to a rather loose consistency as its easier to spread on. I'd guess that a pound will last 8-10 months using it once a week.

has anyone tried mixing the clay with Nancy Boy's Balancing Facial Toner? Seems like it would be a good mix. Here's whats in the toner: Distilled water, aloe vera, organic neroli hydrosol, witch hazel hydrosol, sea kelp extract, glycerin, gingko biloba, grapefruit seed extract.

I've used this product and love it. Never thought I would use a mask, but I'm a convert now.

I suspect many feel this way. I never would have considered it until like many other AD's B&B pushed me over the edge. Now I'm hooked. My wife and I both use this product about 1x per week.

I suspect many feel this way. I never would have considered it until like many other AD's B&B pushed me over the edge. Now I'm hooked. My wife and I both use this product about 1x per week.

My wife and I are going to have a "mask night" this weekend. She's quite amused by my new found interest in such products.

Nice, my wife saw me reading about this. Made fun of me for a second, but in all seriousness wants to try... (score!)

Yeah my wife uses it too. It's much cheaper than the stuff she buys in packets at the store. It works better, but without the foo foo smells women adore in products.

Yeah my wife uses it too. It's much cheaper than the stuff she buys in packets at the store. It works better, but without the foo foo smells women adore in products.

My wife and I are going to have a "mask night" this weekend. She's quite amused by my new found interest in such products.

Nice, my wife saw me reading about this. Made fun of me for a second, but in all seriousness wants to try... (score!)

No doubt! A lb of this stuff will last both my wife and I 10x as long as a 1 month supply of her previous foo foo crap and at less than 1/2 the cost. As goofy as it may seem it is one more thing we can do together and as far as our skin is concerned it pays dividends.

This is good news. My wife and I both used it today and it only took 1T for both of us.

My skin feels great and I'll recommend this to anyone who'll listen. Great product and clearly it is great for the skin!

What exactly does the mask do? As in, what are the results that you notice after you are done? I'm pretty curious about getting some of this stuff

Top Bottom