What's new

New Shavemac in Honor of the Configurator Closing

View attachment 1803233

I decided to just order one brush from Shavemac, a D01 three band, flat top. This is the brush but I asked to have the loft set at 44 mm. (I was going by what @Balin said and by what Rudy advised.)

I can always order a second brush from Shavemac tomorrow, or from Rudy down the road.

(The actual price, including shipping, was lower as the VAT was removed.)

Happy shaves,

Jim
funny i was looking at the same material the red dragon for a 22mm flat top. i think Rudy recommended 2 band only.
still trying to figure out what shape.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
View attachment 1803233

I decided to just order one brush from Shavemac, a D01 three band, flat top. This is the brush but I asked to have the loft set at 44 mm. (I was going by what @Balin said and by what Rudy advised.)

I can always order a second brush from Shavemac tomorrow, or from Rudy down the road.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Good!! I just go a delivery of knots in today - record shipping time, left the 20th the plant and arrived here today!!

Just ordered a flat top per Rudy's Recommendations

a 22mm d01 2band Flat top set at 44mm
Red dragon with either 4071 handle or a custom one that is not listed depending on possibility and Bernds recommendations

i did mess up the order when migrating browsers and redoing it. but last time is was checked before finalizing anyway so I'm sure it will be fixed.

no pic cause it would be messed up anyway

Good!! I just go a delivery of knots in today - record shipping time, left the 20th the plant and arrived here today!!
There was a delay this time because it sat in the DHL warehouse in Toronto for a week before being sent over to Canada Customs.

Usually my Shavemac orders arrive within a week. I have had them within 5 days though leaving the plant on the Monday and in my grubby paws by Friday!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
There was a delay this time because it sat in the DHL warehouse in Toronto for a week before being sent over to Canada Customs.

Usually my Shavemac orders arrive within a week. I have had them within 5 days though leaving the plant on the Monday and in my grubby paws by Friday!
I went back to postal service as this sitting in warehouses, either FEDEX (which is the worst!!!) or DHL can add quite some time.
FEDEX once had lost my package for weeks, but sent me an invoice for import fee and taxes without me having the merchandise. I did not pay, so they send me another one. Eventually I called and finally got someone on the phone and complained, they found the box finally and I got it, but it was weeks. Never again FEDEX. Muehle uses UPS and it is here within three days or so, unless there is a weekend included.

View attachment 1803233

Happy shaves,

Jim

Just ordered a flat top per Rudy's Recommendations

a 22mm d01 2band Flat top set at 44mm
Red dragon with either 4071 handle or a custom one that is not listed depending on possibility and Bernds recommendations

i did mess up the order when migrating browsers and redoing it. but last time is was checked before finalizing anyway so I'm sure it will be fixed.

no pic cause it would be messed up anyway
You guys are killing me. I have 4 incoming but am still thinking about a 22/48 Flat top in D01 2-band

Its from the extra colour input so the handle shows grey. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
D01 2 band.jpg

I do suffer from BAD. With the 4 incoming I will have 31 badgers this will make 32. To round out my brushes I have 8 boars a horse and a synth. I will decide in the morning. Its a bit late in the day for a decision, lol.

View attachment 1802753
I'm not sure you're asking about this brush but maybe you are. It is not 22 mm. As I recall it is maybe 27 or 28 mm. It is a D01 two band.​

Here is my huge Rudy Vey/Mozingo Polo.

Its Mozingo knot is either a flat top or a fan; I'd say flat top if pushed.

The knot is either a 28 mm or a 29 mm extra density Manchurian.

The knot is huge. The handle is huge, too.​

Happy shaves,

Jim

I am working with Rudy on a small knot flat-top with the color handle as your Mozingo Polo. I can't wait!

Both of my Shavemac orders are en route, but the DHL info is in German, so I have no idea what the status is. Patiently waiting.

I am working with Rudy on a small knot flat-top with the color handle as your Mozingo Polo. I can't wait!
How small of a knot? I asked Bernd if he could make a 20mm flat and he said the smallest he had was 21mm. How did you spec your brush?

I am hoping the D01 2 band flat doesn't bloom much bigger than my D01 3 band 22/46 flat top.

Two on the way but had to order another today. Imagine if he decided to leave it open for another month due to the overwhelming demand so far.:001_tt1:

How small of a knot? I asked Bernd if he could make a 20mm flat and he said the smallest he had was 21mm. How did you spec your brush?

I am hoping the D01 2 band flat doesn't bloom much bigger than my D01 3 band 22/46 flat top.
D01 20 mm x 42 mm. Rudy ordered the knot from Bernd. That is what Rudy recommended and what I think he ordered. However, it sounds like you may have more inside information than I do. This is the handle style I am using, sized down for the smaller knot.
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 9.00.23 PM.png

Top Bottom